Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here we go again! NDSU Round 2

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2005 View Post
    NDSU is selling general admission tickets in the student section to the public for $18 at https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketH...ORIES_ID=68635
    Are they decent seats? Because having paid that to see a movie this weekend I think that's a helluva price.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      my guess is even warmed tents in Bozeman wouldn't have stayed warm for long... Several of our players said they loved playing in that weather... Something they will always remember. Honestly, I think the Northland should never give up its weather advantage, Frozen Tundra and all that. It's why I personally despise domes.. the elements ought to be part of the game just like they are at Mile High... ...
      ]Last season and this season we rent heavy duty tents for each of the playoff games. Last year we tailgated in -32 below w/wind chill. No kidding, we had to leave the tent at times to cool down. We had three heaters going and it was way too much.

Comment

Hope it doesn't go like it did in 2012.

Comment

Whoever wins this game will play for the Championship.

Zenner needs about 115 yards to hit 2,000 on the season. If he gets it against the Bison, will it be like when he topped 2,000 in the loss to EWU last year? Given NDSU's commitment to stopping the run, I think Zenner hitting 2,000 = Jacks win.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Anyone watch the uni game? What did they do that held them in check?
            win the trenches

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
              Whoever wins this game will play for the Championship.

Zenner needs about 115 yards to hit 2,000 on the season. If he gets it against the Bison, will it be like when he topped 2,000 in the loss to EWU last year? Given NDSU's commitment to stopping the run, I think Zenner hitting 2,000 = Jacks win.
              He also needs 145 to break the all time FCS rushing record. If he can do that against the Bison, I agree that the Jacks will likely win. Gonna need both lines to play well. I really hope they emphasize stopping Emanuel this week.

Comment

Those who are attending the game in Fargo, don't be surprised to see a chauffeured vehicle pull up at the FargoDome.

http://www.inforum.com/content/drivi...ffeured-events

I guess I cant blame the guy who has a very busy schedule no doubt.

Comment

This should be a helluva game! The Bison are as advertised in their house. The Jacks are as healthy as they've been since the season began and are playing with confidence.

The Jacks won't be rattled by playing I Fargo. The Bison fear no team. What's going to give? IMHO the winner of this game has the inside shot to the title.

Give 'em hell Blue! 1-0 this week!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think the Jacks will come out and play very well on Saturday. It remains to be seen if that is enough, but we have a lot of weapons on offensive and all the pressure is on the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      I think the Jacks will come out and play very well on Saturday. It remains to be seen if that is enough, but we have a lot of weapons on offensive and all the pressure is on the Bison.
                      I think we all can agree that your offense will put up some points, even though the Bison D is awesome. The question really will be can NDSU continue to run the ball on you, and if they don't, can Carson make you pay through the air. Those questions will decide the game.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                        I think we all can agree that your offense will put up some points, even though the Bison D is awesome. The question really will be can NDSU continue to run the ball on you, and if they don't, can Carson make you pay through the air. Those questions will decide the game.
                        I'm more worried about your backs and Carson making us pay by the run then by the air.

Comment

My thoughts are - the Jacks QB is much improved from the first game. His injuries are better and his timing is back. I think the Jacks will throw a very balanced offense at NDSU preventing them from putting 8 men in the box to stop Zenner. The game reminds me of the Packers vs. Patriots from yesterday - Pack won with a balanced attack vs. a very good defense. Here is hoping the Jacks offense steps up and shuts down the Bison running game or at least slows it.

Holy nutmeg - what would be the odds if Stig goes for it on 4th downs and eschews punting? The one who punts the most may very well lose this game.

I smell upset. Go Big. Go Blue. Go Jacks!

We are due. Secretly I'd bet the Bison and Bisonville are just a little bit nervous. I bet they'd want any other opponent than the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                            Secretly I'd bet the Bison and Bisonville are just a little bit nervous. I bet they'd want any other opponent than the Jacks.
                            It is no secret; we are, and we all know the Jacks are the other best team in our bracket. You are the major hurdle for 4 peat chance.

Comment

It is no secret; we are, and we all know the Jacks are the other best team in our bracket. You are the major hurdle for 4 peat chance.
                              Am I a bit nervous? You bet. Best on our side of the bracket? I'm not certain. I believe they would have the best chance of beating us, but I also don't know how they would fair at the other seeds. I don't see SDSU as ready for a long playoff run yet...the mental toughness might not be there yet...I don't know.

I do know I was not impressed by the Jack's defense on Saturday. The Jacks defense didn't look too bad in the first half, but was terrible in the second half. I don't think they have a lot of stamina. I think that is what happened against us as well. I'm hoping for the same this Saturday. I expect a very close first half, and I'm hoping the Bison pull away in the 3rd quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                Am I a bit nervous? You bet. Best on our side of the bracket? I'm not certain. I believe they would have the best chance of beating us, but I also don't know how they would fair at the other seeds. I don't see SDSU as ready for a long playoff run yet...the mental toughness might not be there yet...I don't know.

I do know I was not impressed by the Jack's defense on Saturday. The Jacks defense didn't look too bad in the first half, but was terrible in the second half. I don't think they have a lot of stamina. I think that is what happened against us as well. I'm hoping for the same this Saturday. I expect a very close first half, and I'm hoping the Bison pull away in the 3rd quarter.
                                TAB, take a close look at that bracket; it does not scream strength. The real top 5 teams are NDSU, UNI, Illinois St, SDSU, and probably EWU since their Sagarin suffered with Vernon out. First thing I noticed when the bracket was posted was that SDSU was NDSU's only real threat for going to Frisco. (only other one I can see is Jacksonville St, but they play in such a weak conference and we saw what happened to Eastern Illinois last year) I think SDSU is very, very good, and is likely the best team NDSU beat this year. Couple this with Sumner being back, they have a real shot due to their offense. However, their Achilles heel may end up being their defense as I am skeptical they shut Johnny Crockett down. (Man, they must have nightmares or him....)

Comment

Working...
                                X