Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana State GDT

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Could have called targeting on MSU's 43 . . .
    Really? That was a GREAT hit that knocked the ball free!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkon79 View Post
      You mean when he hit the ground?
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        I'm thinking the Jacks draw twice this against Coastal Carolina in the final CAS game n two weeks. :-)
        Worst attendance at a home game in over 10 years. The bad loss to the Griz last week didn't help, but we also had numerous fans from Great Falls, Helena and Butte turn around and go home Saturday morning due to road conditions.

Comment

Disagree, watch the replay, #43 went in with a forearm shiver to the noggin. I saw it happen about 50 feet in front of me.

Awesome weekend, for those who made the trek to Bozeman I think you'd agree that was one of the greatest experiences ever. Those that watched at home glad you enjoyed a Jacks win but, whatever it looked like on the feed take it times 100. It was that great of an experience. Bozeman is an incredible city, awesome food and beer and the MSU fans are great! I would go back again for a game, well worth 1850 miles of driving in 40 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Thanks!

I'm guessing you must live in Capitol, MT, a suburb of Camp Crook, SD. Close?
            No, Northeast corner so it's about 7 hours just to get to Fargo. but I'm 6 hours away from Bozeman so Everything is relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
              Disagree, watch the replay, #43 went in with a forearm shiver to the noggin. I saw it happen about 50 feet in front of me.

Awesome weekend, for those who made the trek to Bozeman I think you'd agree that was one of the greatest experiences ever. Those that watched at home glad you enjoyed a Jacks win but, whatever it looked like on the feed take it times 100. It was that great of an experience. Bozeman is an incredible city, awesome food and beer and the MSU fans are great! I would go back again for a game, well worth 1850 miles of driving in 40 hours.
              I won't watch the replay but I'll take your word for it. Assuming you would agree that a Jack's player would try to do anything in their power at that point to knock the ball free in the same spot, and leave it up to the officials to make a call.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Bozeman! As I said earlier I hope we can make this a regular occurrence both home and on the road.

Comment

Worst attendance at a home game in over 10 years. The bad loss to the Griz last week didn't help, but we also had numerous fans from Great Falls, Helena and Butte turn around and go home Saturday morning due to road conditions.
                Yeah the worst part of the trip was the 5 hour drive from Billings to Sheridan(normally around 2). Would have been horrible had we lost. Let's hope that we are prepared for some trick plays this week. Seems like we discuss this point but the trick plays have fooled us consistently. Special teams was a Jekyll and Hyde affair. Punting and FG/XP excellent. Kick coverage left a lot to be desired, all year we pooched it to the 20-25 in great conditions. Saturday full on and couldn't cover and fill the lanes very well at all. Oh and I love JeRyan but for all that is holy leave it alone if it's on the ground and they're a step away.

Comment

No, Northeast corner so it's about 7 hours just to get to Fargo. but I'm 6 hours away from Bozeman so Everything is relative.
                  You do realize SDSU is in Brookings SOUTH DAKOTA right?

Comment

I won't watch the replay but I'll take your word for it. Assuming you would agree that a Jack's player would try to do anything in their power at that point to knock the ball free in the same spot, and leave it up to the officials to make a call.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Bozeman! As I said earlier I hope we can make this a regular occurrence both home and on the road.
                    I'll agree that any Jackrabbit would do anything in their power to knock it free, I'll just say 95% of the time it wouldn't include a forearm to the helmet.

That said I don't think #43 did it intentionally it's just the way it bounced and how our guy went for it. Incidental but hey that's still a penalty. Hope to make a home and home, that would be a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      You do realize SDSU is in Brookings SOUTH DAKOTA right?
                      Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that we drive forever here, so what's an extra 4 hours. I just got driving directions and the shortest route is to Glendive, then I94 to Fargo, and I29 to Brookings. It says about 11 hours on MapQuest, but the way I drive I'm sure I could make it in 10 or less.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that we drive forever here, so what's an extra 4 hours. I just got driving directions and the shortest route is to Glendive, then I94 to Fargo, and I29 to Brookings. It says about 11 hours on MapQuest, but the way I drive I'm sure I could make it in 10 or less.
                        I hear you on the driving time out here. Totally different mindset then South Dakota.

When I moved out here 7 years ago, a two hour drive in SD was a big deal. Two hours here is short. I drive 1 1/2 hours to hunt for an evening then turn around and drive home.

Comment

I'll agree that any Jackrabbit would do anything in their power to knock it free, I'll just say 95% of the time it wouldn't include a forearm to the helmet.

That said I don't think #43 did it intentionally it's just the way it bounced and how our guy went for it. Incidental but hey that's still a penalty. Hope to make a home and home, that would be a treat.
                          #43 Alex Singleton was the only bright spot on an otherwise very disappointing defense by our standards. First team all Big Sky LB and the only sure tackler on the team. Zenner broke loose, A BUNCH, but only on plays where you got Alex blocked. I'm sure that was part of the game plan to get a hat on 43, and it worked to perfection.

Comment

Yeah the worst part of the trip was the 5 hour drive from Billings to Sheridan(normally around 2). Would have been horrible had we lost. Let's hope that we are prepared for some trick plays this week. Seems like we discuss this point but the trick plays have fooled us consistently. Special teams was a Jekyll and Hyde affair. Punting and FG/XP excellent. Kick coverage left a lot to be desired, all year we pooched it to the 20-25 in great conditions. Saturday full on and couldn't cover and fill the lanes very well at all. Oh and I love JeRyan but for all that is holy leave it alone if it's on the ground and they're a step away.
                            Yeah I thought the same thing. The ball almost came to a dead stop so what was the point? There were 4 defenders surrounding him so he wasn't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                              You mean when he hit the ground?
                              I'm with you guys now. Initially I thought you were talking about the hit to jar it loose in the first place. One last great play by a kid I'm going to miss a bunch. He's been tough as nails even though he's from California!

Comment

#43 Alex Singleton was the only bright spot on an otherwise very disappointing defense by our standards. First team all Big Sky LB and the only sure tackler on the team. Zenner broke loose, A BUNCH, but only on plays where you got Alex blocked. I'm sure that was part of the game plan to get a hat on 43, and it worked to perfection.
                                Yes he was impressive, I also thought Flowers and Coe stoodout. I see now Coe is entering the Navy, I wish him well that's a great kid there. Great name too for either a rodeo guy or football player, Odin Coe. I guess it fits for a Navy Seal too. Jack fans who saw him Saturday are glad he's defending our freedom now.

Comment

Working...
                                X