No announcement yet.

USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Originally posted by IowaRabbit View Post
    I agree with the Super Bowl part, but this type of game always worries me. Having to work and live around a bunch of Iowa fans, I hear every year how the Cyclones are playing their Super Bowl at the start of the season against Iowa. About every other year, the Cyclones add to their trophy case.
    Throw the records out for this game.
    I have some concern about that, too, IowaRabbit. But if our coaches have the team properly prepared and the team keeps in mind they have to approach this game as I think they have every game this season, the score should turn out just fine.

The fans have a big job: SHOW UP AND YELL A LOT.

Any predictions on crowd size? My guess: 9500...hope I'm wrong and 13,500 show up

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Not scared for this game. This could possibly be the last time the seniors play at CAS. They will be fired up along with the rest the team because they are fighting for a playoff spot. No way in the hell the team lays an egg Saturday. "
      I hope and do think you are right. But I felt the same way before the Hobo Day game , and that one didn't turn out so well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I hope and do think you are right. But I felt the same way before the Hobo Day game , and that one didn't turn out so well.

I hear what you are saying but I see several differences between this game and the Hobo Day game.

1) We were playing a ranked team on Hobo Day.
        2) We were missing our senior preseason all-conference WR.
        3) We were missing our senior preseason all-conference QB.

The thing that this game has the Hobo Day didn't is an instate "rival" (according to their coach/team) and weather that should either be even or help us but you never know.

Comment

I just can't see there is any way the Jackrabbits don't come out focused and ready to play.

And there is no excuse for it.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            I just can't see there is any way the Jackrabbits don't come out focused and ready to play.

And there is no excuse for it.
            If the Jacks come out unfocused and not ready to play, you'll hear me screaming from Section J. That is a promise.

And there is no excuse if that happens with a playoff bid on the line.

I can't imagine it either.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              It's true, this is pretty much the Super Bowl of the season for the Yotes. Take us out and all is forgiven. I don't feel sorry for the coach, I don't feel sorry for the fans, I don't feel sorry for the players. They chose USD. That's like selecting the best piece of **** to put in a bag to light on fire, and every week some MVFC team has to stomp on it. Jack by 40, with nothing to do but scrape our shoes off at the end, and pray for a playoff selection. GBGBGJ!
              This

Jacks blow them out. I laugh.

Comment

It's true, this is pretty much the Super Bowl of the season for the Yotes. Take us out and all is forgiven. I don't feel sorry for the coach, I don't feel sorry for the fans, I don't feel sorry for the players. They chose USD. That's like selecting the best piece of **** to put in a bag to light on fire, and every week some MVFC team has to stomp on it. Jack by 40, with nothing to do but scrape our shoes off at the end, and pray for a playoff selection. GBGBGJ!
                This is very funny, and rep pts. were given. I had some reservations about hiring Joe Glenn. Just because you are highly successful in Northern Colorado and Montana does not mean, you can turn things around at USD given where they stand in terms of investment in resources. I think Wyoming did something to Joe as any firing would. It destroys a sense of confidence. That's why we have tons of coaches who are now State Farm agents. In their coaching record is one or two firings and for sports it is not an incentive to stay in that profession.

I expect the same thing to happen to Craig Bohl in about three years if he continues on his current path in terms of wins and losses at Wyoming. A demotion in my opinion.

Comment

There should be absolutely no need for motivation for the Jacks in this game. Bad USD team, final home game for seniors, win and you're in the playoffs, and the team is playing their best football right now!

Anything less than a blowout will be very disappointing to me. Put it on the pups!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Should be plenty of sh** already laying around Brookings for those bags Old Man Clemens.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                      Should be plenty of sh** already laying around Brookings for those bags Old Man Clemens.
                      Another old farm joke from you. Your posts here are littered with them. JFC. Like referring to us as the "cow college" despite non-agricultural undergraduate majors at SDSU having a higher enrollment than the entire undergraduate population of USD?

I love when fans of USD make misguided attempts to slight our land grant institution for fulfilling a vital mission for this state and nation. Shows real knowledge regarding the Morrill Act and its purpose in making our states and country what they are today. Real awesome. Keep up the excellent work.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        Another old farm joke from you. Your posts here are littered with them. JFC. Like referring to us as the "cow college" despite non-agricultural undergraduate majors at SDSU having a higher enrollment than the entire undergraduate population of USD?

I love when fans of USD make misguided attempts to slight our land grant institution for fulfilling a vital mission for this state and nation. Shows real knowledge regarding the Morrill Act and its purpose in making our states and country what they are today. Real awesome. Keep up the excellent work.
                        I always get a kick out of USD fans calling us things like "cow college." I don't know of any SDSU fans that are actually offended or upset by this "smack."
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          I always get a kick out of USD fans calling us things like "cow college." I don't know of any SDSU fans that are actually offended or upset by this "smack."
                          I'm not either. I think its stupid.

Comment

As for Saturday - hoping for a good crowd turnout and a good tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              As for Saturday - hoping for a good crowd turnout and a good tailgate.
                              Maybe being picky, but could the crew clean the snow out of the west stands?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                Michigan fans try to pull this with Michigan State fans all of the time. I'm literally laughing out loud after reading the post about the manure. Great humor.

Pretty much shows the ignorance of city people. What is the downside if a school has a strong agriculture program? I know a lot of millionaires and most of them are farmers.

SDSU has a very impressive reputation in the region for Pharmacy, nursing, all types of engineering, a new Architectural school, etc. Having a great agricultural program is something to be proud of. Everyone has to eat after all. There are also a lot of farm boys who play for the Jacks.

I think the opposition this weekend may be a little jealous of SDSU.

Jacks are peaking at the right time. Everyone, who said Austin makes a big difference is being proven right. A star QB makes a huge difference. Just like the anchor on a 4 x 400 relay team, pitcher, PG, etc. It was kind of fun to re read the "what if @ QB" post...

I'm predicting a Jacks blowout.

Comment

Working...
                                X