X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: INDIANA STATE.

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Depends.

If we win out and don't get selected as an at-large there is gonna be a lot of pissed off posters.

If we don't win out, I think most realize the playoffs are virtually impossible.

If we win two in a row and lose to USD.....full melt down ban poster mode.
    Agree with the 1 and 3. The 2nd one,the meltdown will occur after we lose that particular game that eliminates us.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      Agree with the 1 and 3. The 2nd one,the meltdown will occur after we lose that particular game that eliminates us.
      I'm not expecting us to make the playoffs at this point. I just haven't been impressed by this team thus far this season.

That said if we win tomorrow, I will feel a lot better about our chances. I will still approach the last two games with guarded optimism.

Go Jacks!
      1-0 this week.

Comment

I'm not expecting us to make the playoffs at this point. I just haven't been impressed by this team thus far this season.

That said if we win tomorrow, I will feel a lot better about our chances. I will still approach the last two games with guarded optimism.

Go Jacks!
        1-0 this week.
        I can go along with that. I too am not too optimistic about the remainder of the season either.

Comment

I, on the other hand, am thinking this team can still do some special things. For a half we saw a full Zenner/Sumner/Schneider/Weinke combination. And at the end of the half we were beating the bison. What is our offense going to look like after another week of healing for Schneider/Sumner/Weinke????????

Our defense is going to give up some points that is unfortunately obvious but I think our offense can pick up the slack!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Go Jacks!
            1-0 this week.
            Understandable. With the way the defense has played most of the time,it's difficult seeing 3 Valley wins in a row.

Comment

Understandable. With the way the defense has played most of the time,it's difficult seeing 3 Valley wins in a row.
              But we play ISU blue who might be a play off team but the last 2 are the worst two teams left. We played most of the hardest teams in the confrence with a back up QB, aside from the younstown game maybe we were pretty respectable even with the D struggling in several games. Usually we play our best football at the end of the year. so we might be riding a wave going into selection meetings with a healthy star QB and a defense that hopefully improves its stats against Western and USD. I think if we can win saturday we win the last 2. If we lose saturday I think there is a letdown and we lose one of the last 2 at home.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is exactly right. The worst would be number 3. I'd say things that would guarantee a ban for me. I actually got the goosebumps thinking about it. Yeesh.

Also, since I don't have vacation time, per se, I would be working from home for about a month. It would be unbearable. I would catch so much **** because I refused to gloat the last two years and implied that us winning should happen every time so it is nothing to be that excited about. Kind of the old, "well, you are USD, we should beat the hell out of you." More a feeling of relief than a feeling of triumph.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  But we play ISU blue who might be a play off team but the last 2 are the worst two teams left. We played most of the hardest teams in the confrence with a back up QB, aside from the younstown game maybe we were pretty respectable even with the D struggling in several games. Usually we play our best football at the end of the year. so we might be riding a wave going into selection meetings with a healthy star QB and a defense that hopefully improves its stats against Western and USD. I think if we can win saturday we win the last 2. If we lose saturday I think there is a letdown and we lose one of the last 2 at home.
                  There's no question ISUb is the toughest game,therefore the key to winning three in a row. I think it's certainly winnable but the defense is gonna have to step up. They have been so jekyll and hyde in Valley games. They got steam rolled at ISUr ,looked just as bad in the first half of the MSU game but looked great in the second. I thought they played pretty well at UNI. Then against YSU,same as the MSU game.First half- bad, second half-good. At NDSU they reversed it,the first half was great but gave up 31 in the second.

I'm not expecting them to be great all of a sudden,but they need to do enough to help out the offense because we haven't had problems scoring for the most part. I'm with Montana,they win this one am, i become optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    This is exactly right. The worst would be number 3. I'd say things that would guarantee a ban for me. I actually got the goosebumps thinking about it. Yeesh.

Also, since I don't have vacation time, per se, I would be working from home for about a month. It would be unbearable. I would catch so much **** because I refused to gloat the last two years and implied that us winning should happen every time so it is nothing to be that excited about. Kind of the old, "well, you are USD, we should beat the hell out of you." More a feeling of relief than a feeling of triumph.
                    I don't even want to talk about number 3. ugh

Comment

I had the same, feeling that this season started with the hope of being one of the best years ever. But it appears it might not be. Maybe we are surprised and its a great last 3 games and run in the playoffs. But sadly this season has the familiar well it didnt go as planed but at least we beat/are better then usd feel to it again. I work tomorrow so will try to follow the game on here if those who can can provide some play by play and score updates would be great. As long as we play a good game and play hard I can accept if we dont win tomorrow, good for ISUb and hope they make a run and playoffs if they beat us.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

In the area of perspective, the Indiana State players (see below) seem really respectful of the Jacks and then the ISU players talk about how they have to motivate themselves in front of sparse home crowds. So, in disappointment, keep it in perspective. The Jacks' program perennially contends, draws good crowds, a new stadium is coming, and it's Division One. Can't win 'em all, not even the Bizun over the long haul. Not that long ago Jacks were the superior team. Can still have expectations of that happening again, maybe in teh not-too-distant future.

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local...bc783ee30.html

Comment

Depends.

If we win out and don't get selected as an at-large there is gonna be a lot of pissed off posters.

If we don't win out, I think most realize the playoffs are virtually impossible.

If we win two in a row and lose to USD.....full melt down ban poster mode.
                          I agree with you on this. I was waiting for somebody to bring up the non-counter football game.

I just think that the injuries have hit too hard at the key spots. If our QB stayed healthy we'd be in. If Schneider stayed healthy, I think we beat YSU and still make it in. If....

Point is it didn't turn out that way. I do think we can win all 3 and if we win the first one, I will wonder how we dropped the ball in the game that we lose.

Comment

Sumner is back. We're good. I didn't realize we were such a bunch of doom and gloomers. We can score on any given play with Sumner, Zenner, Schnieder, and Weinke. The defense will get some support and play much better. Quit whining and show some confidence. We're supposed to be ugly Americans! Where's the ugly American confidence? Go Jacks! We got this!
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              Sumner is back. We're good. I didn't realize we were such a bunch of doom and gloomers. We can score on any given play with Sumner, Zenner, Schnieder, and Weinke. The defense will get some support and play much better. Quit whining and show some confidence. We're supposed to be ugly Americans! Where's the ugly American confidence? Go Jacks! We got this!
                              Yeah after all we handled Oshkosh. by gosh.

Comment

We are going to roll ISU-B 35-10!
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X