Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Playoffs Related

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    It's not necessarily that easy though, we had a game with PSU lined up with nothing but the contract left to sign, then at the last minute Oregon State came in and offered them double what we could ever offer and plus it's only a bus trip away. This all happened in the 11th hour of scheduling, so it was down to only 11 games or 12 with a non-counter.

Nobody is arguing this. Would you also stipulate that having this be one of the eight wins - if the Jacks win next week - is absolutely no help in the playoff scenario? In that regard, it was essentially a paid scrimmage that filled up a nice Saturday afternoon against an inferior team.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      And if it's only money we're after why not just schedule four FBS games before conference? Building a schedule is very complex.
      You keep raising red herrings. Who has said this is about money? This whole discussion has been about making the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Nobody is arguing this. Would you also stipulate that having this be one of the eight wins - if the Jacks win next week - is absolutely no help in the playoff scenario? In that regard, it was essentially a paid scrimmage that filled up a nice Saturday afternoon against an inferior team.
        I never said it was anything more than a paid scrimmage, all I have stated was that it was either schedule Oshkosh or face two consecutive bye weeks in September. What would you have rather had? I have been pretty adamant, like almost everybody else on here that I wasn't excited about it, but I understood it. I have stated all along that it would be nine wins or bust for us this year in the playoffs, thankfully(fingers crossed) it's looking like I might be wrong.

Comment

My bracket....

The Field
          SFA at Montana State vs 1. NDSU
          Sacred Heart at JMU vs 8. Fordham

SDSU at SHSU vs 5. EWU
          Bethune-Cookman vs Chattanooga vs 4. JSU

SELA at UNI vs 6. ISUR
          Richmond at North Carolina A&T vs 3. CCU

Indiana State at EKU vs 7. Nova
          San Diego at Montana vs 2. UNH

Autobids(11): EWU, CCU, UNH, NC A&T, NDSU, Sacred Heart, Jacksonville State, Fordham, San Diego, Chattanooga and SHSU
          At Large(13): ISUR, Nova, UNI, SELA, SDSU, JMU, Indiana State, EKU, Montana State, Richmond, Montana, Bethune-Cookman, SFA

Bubble: William and Mary, YSU, NAU, Bryant, Bucknell

Comment

I am continually amused by the argument over the LaCrosse game. If the committe throws it out, it will have exactly the same effect as having not had the game. In tossing it out, I believe the committee will know we had no other choice.

So OK, here goest I...I don't think it makes a hill of beans with what is going to happen on the playoffs. If we beat USD (handily would be a little extra helpful), we will make the playoffs IMHO. And if we don't, I don't think it will be over the LaCrosse game...they are more likely to look at our Illinois State drubbing, and our home loss to Youngstown as reasons to leave us out.

And just to finish this off, so I can have a lot of people shooting at me, I believe our play since Austin Sumner returned has been outstanding, including going toe-to-toe with the Bison in the Fargodome for most of the game. It lends credulity to our discussion (pointing out we have the same maligned oline and the same maligned dline) earlier about the value of Sumner to our success this season. If he had not gotten injured, I don't even think we would be questioning being in the playoffs. Good lord, we are lucky to have him back, and while I felt bad for him during the season, it has to mean a lot to him to get a chance to get back aboard.

Comment

I was 90% sure last week that the Jacks would be in the playoffs if they won out, but after this week's results, I'm 100%.

Tons of bubble teams popped today, especially in the Big Sky where they crapped all-over themselves to the point where they might only be a two bid league. Also, Jacksonville State held on to beat Eastern Illinois, which means they win the OVC auto and EIU can't make the playoff anymore.

Throw in our performances with Sumner back and the MVFC's OOC record and there really isn't any excuse the committee could make to leave us out.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                I am continually amused by the argument over the LaCrosse game. If the committe throws it out, it will have exactly the same effect as having not had the game. In tossing it out, I believe the committee will know we had no other choice.

So OK, here goest I...I don't think it makes a hill of beans with what is going to happen on the playoffs. If we beat USD (handily would be a little extra helpful), we will make the playoffs IMHO. And if we don't, I don't think it will be over the LaCrosse game...they are more likely to look at our Illinois State drubbing, and our home loss to Youngstown as reasons to leave us out.

And just to finish this off, so I can have a lot of people shooting at me, I believe our play since Austin Sumner returned has been outstanding, including going toe-to-toe with the Bison in the Fargodome for most of the game. It lends credulity to our discussion (pointing out we have the same maligned oline and the same maligned dline) earlier about the value of Sumner to our success this season. If he had not gotten injured, I don't even think we would be questioning being in the playoffs. Good lord, we are lucky to have him back, and while I felt bad for him during the season, it has to mean a lot to him to get a chance to get back aboard.
                Being picky here, but was it not Oshkosh that was on the schedule not Lacrosse or where you speaking of the sport of Lacrosse? Just having fun.
                Seriously, I don't think this D3 game will matter much so am in agreeement. I like the way our guys are playing and you are right the offense seems to have new life with Sumner. I do think the D gave up too many passes especially to No 1 and No 7. That's about the only play we could not stop. I would loved to have DVD'd the NDSU vs WIU game that was on Midco. They too had problems containing No2 on run plays. WIU at times look to have some good things going for them.

Comment

The loss to Youngstown really hurts now. That's the one that could bite the Jacks in the backside. The Jacks looked really good on Saturday vs. Western Illinois, though. They need to beat the heck out of USD in similar fashion and then hope the outcome of another conference game or two falls their way.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

College Sports Madness has us in playing Montana St. in the 1st round.

FCS Football Bracketology | College Sports Madness

Comment

I found this link stalking TV's Twitter feed

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/li....html?mode=jqm

Has Jacks traveling to Montana for first round and winner going to ISU-R
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                        I found this link stalking TV's Twitter feed

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/li....html?mode=jqm

Has Jacks traveling to Montana for first round and winner going to ISU-R
                        Oh, Goody! PAYBACK!!!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Nobowls.com bracket....

Comment

Would absolutely LOVE to get a shot at MSU.

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            Nobowls.com bracket....

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              Oh, Goody! PAYBACK!!!
                              This

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Being picky here, but was it not Oshkosh that was on the schedule not Lacrosse or where you speaking of the sport of Lacrosse? Just having fun.
                                Oshkosh Bgosh. Should have remembered that game that never was!

Comment

Working...
                                X