Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Playoffs Related

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    YSU and Indiana State going to OT tied at 24...

UNI up 33-7 on SIU.
    Indiana State beats YSU 27-24. YSU is toast unless they win AT NDSU.

UNI is in if they beat Missouri State at home next week.

Indiana St needs a win at WIU to be tied with SDSU (should they beat USD). It could come down to SDSU and Indiana St, who the Jacks beat handily.

It'll be interesting if Indiana State and SDSU are tied after next week. SDSU beat Indiana State, but Indiana State has an FBS win (albeit Ball State), and SDSU has a non-D1 win. I really hope the non-D1 game doesn't come back to haunt the Jacks. It'll be interesting.

We need to be big fans of WIU, Missouri State, and NDSU next weekend.
    Last edited by YanktonJack7; 11-15-2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

UNI, ISUB and SDSU are all in with a win and all are absolute locks if they do.

That said if YSU beat us, it could throw a wrench into the mix.
      Last edited by FargoBison; 11-15-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Indiana State beats YSU 27-24. YSU is toast unless they win AT NDSU.

UNI is in if they beat Missouri State at home next week.

Indiana St needs a win at WIU to be tied with SDSU (should they beat USD). It could come down to SDSU and Indiana St, who the Jacks beat handily.

It'll be interesting if Indiana State and SDSU are tied after next week. SDSU beat Indiana State, but Indiana State has an FBS win (albeit Ball State), and SDSU has a non-D1 win. I really hope the non-D1 game doesn't come back to haunt the Jacks. It'll be interesting.

We need to be big fans of WIU, Missouri State, and NDSU next weekend.

On this point, I would think strength of non-conference schedule would also mean something. And on that score the Jacks have a distinct advantage. Against D-1 opponents, Jacks non-conference foes shoould be 17-13 if Mizzou and Cal Poly win games they are favored to win tonight. YSU's non-conference foes are 18-23, UNI's and Indiana State's an identical 17-25. North Dakota State's four non-conference D-1 foes are a shabby 13-28. And Jacks have wins against Indiana State and UNI. Win and in, despite that unfortunate Oshkosh scrimmage.

Comment

I really resent all the snide Oshkosh comments! We had a home game against a good program on a fall weekend that would have been lacking without the Jackrabbit experience. No doubt the Jacks tried to schedule up but there were not any programs that wanted the honor of coming to Brookings for a fall "thumping".

Get over it! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            I really resent all the snide Oshkosh comments! We had a home game against a good program on a fall weekend that would have been lacking without the Jackrabbit experience. No doubt the Jacks tried to schedule up but there were not any programs that wanted the honor of coming to Brookings for a fall "thumping".

Get over it! Go Jacks!!

If scheduling the Okosh game ends up screwing us for the playoffs you can bet there will be more complaining about it bygosh.
            I'll be in there I'll promise you that. Also we win out and don't make the playoffs you'll never see an Oskosh at cAS ever again. Fine by me.
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Get over it! Go Jacks!!

It is what it is. They came not expecting to win and the Jacks' win has absolutely no bearilng on the playoff possibilities and could actually be seen as a negative in that equation.

Comment

Cal Poly is getting crushed right now, down 31-14 to UCD at the half. Bubble teams are dropping like flies.

Comment

Do people realize that if we didn't play Oshkosh, we wouldn't have played anyone? We took Oshkosh as an absolute last resort after a couple of different contract negotiations fell through with other scholarship FCS conference teams (hard to compete with FBS $$$). If we didn't play Oshkosh we would have wasted back-to-back gorgeous September Saturdays with byes. If we didn't play Oshkosh we would be 6-4 right now going for only 7-4, not 7-4 going for 8-4. If we didn't play Oshkosh we would have only played 11 games, not 12. Either way we would finish 7-4 in regards to the playoff committee.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                    Cal Poly is getting crushed right now, down 31-14 to UCD at the half. Bubble teams are dropping like flies.
                    This sucks, SDSU really needs Cal Poly to win out to boost our resume.

Comment

• Re: All Things Playoffs Related

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                      Do people realize that if we didn't play Oshkosh, we wouldn't have played anyone? We took Oshkosh as an absolute last resort after a couple of different contract negotiations fell through with other scholarship FCS conference teams (hard to compete with FBS $$$). If we didn't play Oshkosh we would have wasted back-to-back gorgeous September Saturdays with byes. If we didn't play Oshkosh we would be 6-4 right now going for only 7-4, not 7-4 going for 8-4. If we didn't play Oshkosh we would have only played 11 games, not 12. Either way we would finish 7-4 in regards to the playoff committee.
                      i would have rather traveled to a winnable game for 2 return home games in the future. Drake...Butler...etc
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                        This sucks, SDSU really needs Cal Poly to win out to boost our resume.
                        I'm not sure if it is a big deal, sure it hurts it pulls a quality win away but it removes a team out of the equation completely. You still have UNI and Indiana State, which is a lot better than most can say.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                          I'm not sure if it is a big deal, sure it hurts it pulls a quality win away but it removes a team out of the equation completely. You still have UNI and Indiana State, which is a lot better than most can say.
                          That's definitely true, not a lot of teams could win at both UNI and ISU this year, but it'd be just nice to get an OOC team on the notable wins list. Up until last week Cal Poly was in the running for a share of the Big Sky.

Comment

[QUOTE=BigGoosie13;261247]Do people realize that if we didn't play Oshkosh, we wouldn't have played anyone? We took Oshkosh as an absolute last resort after a couple of different contract negotiations fell through with other scholarship FCS conference teams (hard to compete with FBS $$$). If we didn't play Oshkosh we would have wasted back-to-back gorgeous September Saturdays with byes. If we didn't play Oshkosh we would be 6-4 right now going for only 7-4, not 7-4 going for 8-4. If we didn't play Oshkosh we would have only played 11 games, not 12. Either way we would finish 7-4 in regards to the playoff committee.[/QUOTE

So if it's wins we're after then just play four DIII schools every year and pile up four wins before conference.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              i would have rather traveled to a winnable game for 2 return home games in the future. Drake...Butler...etc
                              It's not necessarily that easy though, we had a game with PSU lined up with nothing but the contract left to sign, then at the last minute Oregon State came in and offered them double what we could ever offer and plus it's only a bus trip away. This all happened in the 11th hour of scheduling, so it was down to only 11 games or 12 with a non-counter.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                So if it's wins we're after then just play four DIII schools every year and pile up four wins before conference.
                                And if it's only money we're after why not just schedule four FBS games before conference, and pocket the money. Building a schedule is very complex and it involves balancing a budget, finding noteworthy competition, and finding wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X