All Things Playoffs Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Playoffs Related

If the MVFC doesn't get 4 in, the Commish of the MVFC should get fired. I know she doesn't have a vote in the committee, however it is her job to lobby the voters and sell why there should be 4, hell there could be 6 in my opinion. The big Sky is a joke but they always get love in the playoffs, why? Maybe it has to do with their commissioner.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      If the MVFC doesn't get 4 in, the Commish of the MVFC should get fired. I know she doesn't have a vote in the committee, however it is her job to lobby the voters and sell why there should be 4, hell there could be 6 in my opinion. The big Sky is a joke but they always get love in the playoffs, why? Maybe it has to do with their commissioner.
      Yes, someone should lose their job if 4 football teams don't make it into a playoff that that person doesn't have control over.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Yes, someone should lose their job if 4 football teams don't make it into a playoff that that person doesn't have control over.
        I have to agree with that. Viverito can't help the situation, except for saying pretty please. The committee is going to do what it wants.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          I have to agree with that. Viverito can't help the situation, except for saying pretty please. The committee is going to do what it wants.
          No she doesn't have a vote, but it is her job to work the hell out of the phones and lobby every voting committee member and remind them how good our conference is and that they deserve to be in the playoffs. It is her job to advocate for the MVFC because I think most would agree that it is the best conference Out there. What good is this
          person if they cannot get the appropriate number of teams represented in the playoffs. Now I think that there will be 4 teams getting in, but the conference has been disappointed before, Big Sky had 4 teams last year over MVFC 2

Comment

I agree. Fire her. Doesn't deserve any job, IMO.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I sure wish people would take more of an interest and be more passionate and outspoken about the job our elected officials in this country do as they are about coaches and commissioners. Maybe our country wouldn't be so screwed up.....I digress, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                No she doesn't have a vote, but it is her job to work the hell out of the phones and lobby every voting committee member and remind them how good our conference is and that they deserve to be in the playoffs. It is her job to advocate for the MVFC because I think most would agree that it is the best conference Out there. What good is this
                person if they cannot get the appropriate number of teams represented in the playoffs. Now I think that there will be 4 teams getting in, but the conference has been disappointed before, Big Sky had 4 teams last year over MVFC 2
                Who says she isn't doing this already?

Comment

I will give her the benefit of my doubt, I think she is doing all this and more.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I sure wish people would take more of an interest and be more passionate and outspoken about the job our elected officials in this country do as they are about coaches and commissioners. Maybe our country wouldn't be so screwed up.....I digress, sorry.
                    Hey, hey hey, no political discussion in the football forum! Take it to the Political forum! Oh wait,.... there is no such forum here.....

Hope that the Jacks get selected. Most of the computer ranking systems (Sagarin, Massey, GPI, etc) have SDSU as a top 15 team. The only problem is that up to 9 of the top 25 are MVFC, and the committee isn't going to take 9 MVFC teams.

Right now, Jacks are 3-3 in MVFC, and need to finish 5-3. That could get them anywhere from a two or three-way tie for 2nd to a 5th best team and 5-3 by themselves in the MVFC. Jacks will be on the bubble if the latter happens. Still think that any of the MVFC that has a 5-3 MVFC record, and a 7 D-I win schedule will make the play-offs. Even with two weeks left, this could be as low as 2 (ISU-R, NDSU) or as high as 7 (UNI, SDSU, YSU, ISU-B, SIU).

All 5 teams in the 2nd group have warts that could be the excuse to exclude. Note that the MSU & WIU are the two other top 25 GPI teams, and while they can't get to 7 D-I wins can definitely play spoiler. And USD, especially for SDSU, nothing would make them have a successful season like beating the Jacks in the final regular season game.

At the end of the season, IMHO there will be 5 MVFC teams in the play-offs. NDSU & ISU-R co-champs at 7-1, and a 3-way tie for 2nd @ 5-3. SDSU and then UNI, with winner of YSU/ISU-B. For all 7 be in for eligibility - ISU-B wins out, and specifically beats YSU. YSU L to ISU-B, and beats NDSU in Fargo. SIU must win out (UNI/ISU-R), UNI - SIU L, then MSU W. Then conference standings are

NDSU 6-2 10-2
                    ISU R 6-2 9-2
                    SDSU 5-3 8-4 (DIII game)
                    UNI 5-3 7-5
                    SIU 5-3 8-4 (NAIA game)
                    YSU 5-3 8-4
                    ISU-B 5-3 8-4
                    WIU 2-6 4-8
                    MSU 1-7 4-8
                    USD 0-8 3-9 (NAIA game)

There is not another possible at-large team out there that will have more ranked FCS W's (except EWU) than the teams eligible out of the MVFC. YSU would be the only one with a "bad" loss, WIU, which is still a top 30 GRI team. But 2 weeks of play left, and any brain-fa*t loss could be the death knoll for any of the 5 teams listed. Likewise, YSU must win at least 1 of 2, SIU must win out.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      Hey, hey hey, no political discussion in the football forum! Take it to the Political forum! Oh wait,.... there is no such forum here.....
                      I thought often that one should be started but maybe not.

Comment

Once again, yawn.....are we really arguing about whether or not the commissioner is lobbying for playoff teams? Does anyone have proof that she isn't? That's why I don't like to take part in this playoff discussion. People make things up in their head and come with with theories without any facts behind them. Personally, all I care about it is whether or not our team takes care of business the next two weeks and then wait for other chips to fall into place. If we don't make the playoffs then well, that sucks. BUT....I'm not going to moan and cry about it and blame people. If we don't make the playoffs then its because we didn't win enough games.

Comment

My biggest issue with the comish is the league's terrible media contract, I watch more Big Sky and CAA games then I watch MVFC games.

As for the playoffs I think you guys are in good shape as long as anything crazy doesn't happen like EIU winning the OVC autobid. You guys should be big Jacksonville State fans this weekend.

Comment

Games of interest today...

Indiana State @ Youngstown kicks off in a couple minutes. Jacks need a Indiana State win today, IMO.

UNI @ SIU kicks off in an hour. Jacks need a SIU win in order to drop UNI to 5 losses.

NAU @ UND is underway (UND currently leads 21-7 in the 2nd quarter). Jacks need UND to win that one so that NAU cannot win the Big Sky autobid.

EIU @ Jax St kicks off in a couple hours. SDSU needs JSU to win so that EIU doesn't steal a bid.

None of this matters, however, if the Jacks can't take care of business today and next week.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              Games of interest today...

Indiana State @ Youngstown kicks off in a couple minutes. Jacks need a Indiana State win today, IMO.

UNI @ SIU kicks off in an hour. Jacks need a SIU win in order to drop UNI to 5 losses.

NAU @ UND is underway (UND currently leads 21-7 in the 2nd quarter). Jacks need UND to win that one so that NAU cannot win the Big Sky autobid.

EIU @ Jax St kicks off in a couple hours. SDSU needs JSU to win so that EIU doesn't steal a bid.

None of this matters, however, if the Jacks can't take care of business today and next week.
                              Some updates...

UNI is pounding SIU, up 21-0 in the first half.

Indiana State is up 21-10 on YSU in the third.

UND ended up beating NAU 30-28.

If those scores hold, YSU needs a win at NDSU next week or they'll be done. A lot of time left, yet. Let's hope SIU can rally..

Comment

YSU and Indiana State going to OT tied at 24...

UNI up 33-7 on SIU.

Comment

Working...
                                X