All Things Playoffs Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Playoffs Related

Bring on the Cats. Don't we "owe" them for a game cancellation several seasons ago?

Comment

Indiana State limps in and doesn't have to play a Valley team in second round. This regionalization of games is total BS. Flippin cheap a$$ NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Now all 5 teams need to show that they belong so that they aren't gun shy doing it again in the future.
        Exactly. And the matchups are all good enuf for that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Now all 5 teams need to show that they belong so that they aren't gun shy doing it again in the future.
          Somewhat hard to do when they potentially have to play each other in the second round.

*meant for Valley teams to make it farther than just the second round

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Somewhat hard to do when they potentially have to play each other in the second round.
            That's fine...they just can't lay eggs against non conference opponents.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Indiana State limps in and doesn't have to play a Valley team in second round. This regionalization of games is total BS. Flippin cheap a$$ NCAA.
              I agree, but our subsidy comes from the Big Dance revenue, that is making up the play off costs that are not matched by revenue from tickets sold. Not every one of the 24 schools are able to draw 19000 people, that why I wonder some times if being FCS champs three years in a row is worth it. Making the sweet 16 in men's basketball 3 years in a row would pay much more that the 3 NC in FCS.

Comment

One round at a time.

Comment

LooksLooksLooks like the tearing down of east side stands starts Monday OR when we win second round can we host?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Looks like the tearing down of east side stands starts Monday :-)
                    Good riddance

Comment

Never mind: one round at a time.

Comment

Selection Show announcers had a conversation about the best FCS running backs on the show and not one mention of Zenner... guess he'll just have to roll another 200 spot on a Big Sky team to get some attention.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Selection show was a joke. Except for the mentions of NDSU, this could be the FCS show for 2005 before the MVFC came to dominate this division. Regarding the bracket: Yes, MVFC got five in (probably should have been 4) but it still galls me to see so many teams that could not possibly compete in the MVFC getting favorable brackets.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Nothing would make me happier than being the team to eliminate NDSU from the playoffs after winning three straight
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

East coast bias. They have ZERO interest in anybody west of the Mississippi. Most of FCS want a CAA champ not a MVC champ. Just need to kick ass and take names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I would like nothing more than another shot at Bison or Redbirds, want that shot to be in semis not 2nd round. FCS committee sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X