10/18/2014 VS UNI Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/18/2014 VS UNI Panthers

Last year Butler returned a punt for a TD. Hopefully he does it again. He's averaging 13 yds a return.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      No wind in the Dome, hope our kicking game improves a lot, we'll need that help for us to have a chance.
      I hope they are trying out punters this week. If the punt game is as bad as it has been or special teams slips up like they have all year it will be tough to get a win at UNI.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I hope they are trying out punters this week. If the punt game is as bad as it has been or special teams slips up like they have all year it will be tough to get a win at UNI.
        The wind should not be negative factor this week. Last week the 2 punts into the wind were horrible to be so high. The kickoffs were also showing that we did not have confidence in the coverage when they kicked so short. It is a scary event for the kicking game.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          No one disputes that the punting game could use improvement. But when you look at season long stats , the Jacks and their opponents have the exact same net yards per punt for the year. The Jacks have only allowed one yard in total punt returns for the entire season , which helps a bit in neutralizing the shorter punts.

Comment

Hello?!?!?!?!??!?!?! Isn't there a huge game tomorrow?

Have we dissected this to death already? No one has any other thoughts?

I've got a couple more. Battle will be won if our offensive line can establish the run and protect Lujan. If we do that, I do not think UNI has the offense to keep up with us, given their struggles. However, if we are getting knocked back into the backfield constantly like last week, we may be in for a beating because the pressure will be on and the UNI-Dome might get loud.

That place is gross.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Very quiet, there is something about the UNI Dome that doesn't set well. Reading the TV articles doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings.

Comment

The Jacks could use a win at UNI to get the fan base inspired for Hobo Day (against Youngstown) and two tough road games that will follow (NDSU and Indiana State). UNI is beatable. I don't think they're as good as Illinois state.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Think we bust out the all yellow uniforms to play off of last year's win over them? It would be the light color still as panthers have dark at home.

Comment

I've got a couple more. Battle will be won if our offensive line can establish the run and protect Lujan. If we do that, I do not think UNI has the offense to keep up with us, given their struggles. However, if we are getting knocked back into the backfield constantly like last week, we may be in for a beating because the pressure will be on and the UNI-Dome might get loud.

That place is gross.
                    If our defense plays even remotely close to how they played in the 2nd half last week we will be in good shape.

If the defense plays like they did the 6 quarters before that we will get run out of the building.

I'm hoping for the former.

Comment

What is the UNI live stream like? I purchased it, but the replays seem pretty glitch. Anyone know how the quality is?

Comment

Battle will be won if our offensive line can establish the run and protect Lujan.
                        Echoing other people here, the game will be won in the trenches. IMO, the OL and DL play was the tale of two halves last week, and it seemed like we were either getting dominated or were dominating.

If we can maintain a slight edge or even a stalemate at the line of scrimmage, I'd like to think that our skill players can carry the day.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                          Echoing other people here, the game will be won in the trenches. IMO, the OL and DL play was the tale of two halves last week, and it seemed like we were either getting dominated or were dominating.

If we can maintain a slight edge or even a stalemate at the line of scrimmage, I'd like to think that our skill players can carry the day.

Let's not forget special teams...
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Let's not forget special teams...
                            Here is my proposal:

Kick it out of bounds on kickoffs....kidding, kind of. Cover kicks like we did against MSU is a good start. Teams are averaging almost 25 yards per return on us.

Get a freakin' decent return on a kickoff. We have been lackluster there. Our kick return average is an abysmal 18.8.

Punt it a lot further than we've been doing previously, but keep covering the heck out of it.

Keep punt return as is. At this time last year, I would not have said that. We were still fair catching it inside our five and falling down and crap. Je Ryan has been a stud back there.

Comment

Here is my proposal:

Kick it out of bounds on kickoffs....kidding, kind of. Cover kicks like we did against MSU is a good start. Teams are averaging almost 25 yards per return on us.

Get a freakin' decent return on a kickoff. We have been lackluster there. Our kick return average is an abysmal 18.8.

Punt it a lot further than we've been doing previously, but keep covering the heck out of it.

Keep punt return as is. At this time last year, I would not have said that. We were still fair catching it inside our five and falling down and crap. Je Ryan has been a stud back there.
                              Why not put butler on kick return too? I know usually they want faster guys on kick return but need someone who sees the blocking and lanes and butler seems to have a good read on punt return, i would let him do kick return also.

this game comes down to the lines for sure. If the D line gets pushed aaround it will be like ISUR again, if they hold their own we might make a fight of it. We just never look good their. I actually like our chances better at NDSU then UNI, we atleast can play a good game at NSDU most years just they are a bit better. Even with compareble teams we usually have bad results at UNI, not sure the closet score we have had their since playing them again, but I dont think its been very close most years. This could be a game that with Sumner would maybe have the edge to win with experince etc. tough for Lujan for a QB to go somehwere he has never played against a team never faced before. Hope Zenner busts a few big runs and JS and JW catch the heck out of the ball too.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Why not put butler on kick return too?
                                He is. He had 2 kickoff returns for 29 yds vs. Missouri St.
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X