Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Day 2014

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
    I think it was Jackmd who said after the Missouri game that this team would miss Austin. The difference between Austin and Zach has become blatantly obvious to me the last 3 weeks (I've been able to see all three games). Any big play that SDSU has had down the field involved the receiver stopping and making a more athletic play than the defensive back. Nothing past 15 yards hits a receiver in stride and the ball wobbles terribly. I had heard that Zach practiced with gloves with some success but I haven't seen him wearing them on the field. Austin needs to come back sharp or the playoffs will be in jeopardy.

I think it is hard for fans to know why a guy isn't seeing the field, all we see them is in small spurts for 3 hours a week. There is no telling what is going on the other 165 hours.

Unless Sumner was going to play O and D line sdsu would be no better or worse then it is right now. Maybe morale would be higher but the games we lost were lines getting out played and poor tackling. The D has played some really really good halves of football. The offense for the most part not bad this team is probably were it should be. We seem to have more injuries this year then past years and counting on a lot of younger guys etc puts us in the up hill battle for sure. Who is surprised by our record. Most fans probably would have had us close to this record but losing at uni and winning hobo day. Hopefully the teams goals are similar to what I had for them. Win the confrence. Make the play offs. Well good chance at one of those 2. Then 3rd a national title. But that's a hard one since that's sort of the main goal for many teams winning the confrence and making playoffs is a good goal and the team can still do that.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wasn't able to attend the game, listened to it on the radio though. Just finished watching the highlights. Holy crap, I have never, ever seen a d-line as slow off the ball as our guys were in that game. Their o-line was making contact with our guys still in their stance at times. That is a scheme thing, as we must have been worried about their trap plays or pulling guards. For our coaches to not change that is something I don't understand. You go back and watch the UNI game and our d line was the aggressors, and ended up with 10 tackles for loss. Why on earth after their first rushing td of 7 yards where our entire d-line got pushed into the endzone would you keep running the zone read scheme. Obviously our guys were not strong enough physically to play that game. It will be interesting to see what they try to do against ndsu, not that it will matter either way probably

Comment

Before I post this im probably going to be considered biased but thats okay. Goon you believe that having a four year starting quarterback playing versus having a first year guy playing wouldnt change things? That has to be the most inaccurate statement ive ever read. Place sumner in their with zenner Schneider and weineke and I guarenteed the outcome is different.

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
          Before I post this im probably going to be considered biased but thats okay. Goon you believe that having a four year starting quarterback playing versus having a first year guy playing wouldnt change things? That has to be the most inaccurate statement ive ever read. Place sumner in their with zenner Schneider and weineke and I guarenteed the outcome is different.
          iMO...the only game that would've been a "w" is yesterday's. We still get pasted by IsU-r. The injuries are the issue right now, not Lujan...he's done a damn good job considering the situation IMO.
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Lets remember that Stig is coaching and recruiting with D2 facilities. He will soon have the best facilities in FCS, at that point, results should be more closely scrutinized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I never once said that he hasnt done a good job considering everything. But to say that would have been the only win will always be unknown as sumner didnt play. Whether you believe it or not their offense is limited with what the can do with Lujan. They certainly cant go down the field therefore are limited to 15 yard out routes.

Comment

The offensive and defensive lines were terrible yesterday. That is the main story. Somehow our offense still put up over 450 yards of offense. Jesse Bobbit was again a liability and I don't understand how he continues to see more playing time than Hassell. It must be practice habits or scheme understanding/responsibility. Those harping on the crowd, it didn't really help that every time the crowd got loud YSU converted. It was a rough day for our CBs also. Up to this point they have been the strength of the defense IMO. By the time he is done, Weineke will hold all receiving records. What an unbelievable player. If some of you want to go crazy and call for Sell to fire Stig (again), it is not going to happen. He's also not going to apologize for not having a National Championship yet. So for those of you bailing on the program, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Here's hoping for another strong finish to the season.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Look at the games statistics and you would take the offensive numbers like those every week. The defensive numbers stink. YSU had a true Freshmen qb starting his fourth (?) game, on the road and on grass. The D did nothing against him. What a game plan that was to make him look like an all conference qb. No speed on D kills. Lastly, please recruit moe speed with skill positions as each week it shows we need it

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    The offensive and defensive lines were terrible yesterday. That is the main story. Somehow our offense still put up over 450 yards of offense. Jesse Bobbit was again a liability and I don't understand how he continues to see more playing time than Hassell. It must be practice habits or scheme understanding/responsibility. Those harping on the crowd, it didn't really help that every time the crowd got loud YSU converted. It was a rough day for our CBs also. Up to this point they have been the strength of the defense IMO. By the time he is done, Weineke will hold all receiving records. What an unbelievable player. If some of you want to go crazy and call for Sell to fire Stig (again), it is not going to happen. He's also not going to apologize for not having a National Championship yet. So for those of you bailing on the program, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Here's hoping for another strong finish to the season.
                    I didn't like the corners playing 7 or 8 yards off their WR's. Get up and jam them and provide some safety help over the top if needed. Take advantge of the athletic ability of Butler and Carr.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      iMO...the only game that would've been a "w" is yesterday's. We still get pasted by IsU-r. The injuries are the issue right now, not Lujan...he's done a damn good job considering the situation IMO.
                      Exactly lujan didn't play bad to lose the game. How much pressure he was under all game would have been hard for sumner to deal with too. Maybe he makes a few throw lujan didn't make. Sumner has a better arm but lujan can run out of trouble and lts face it sumner has always had a hard time throwing the ball away and seemed to take to many sacks that he could have thrown the ball away on but he would try to make a play. Basically the constant prssure the QB was under would have been hard for any qb to over come regardless who it was.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
                        Our defense is giving up over 32 points per game, second worst in the conference. Sumner doesn't change that no matter how many years he started or how many records he has.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Our defense is giving up over 32 points per game, second worst in the conference. Sumner doesn't change that no matter how many years he started or how many records he has.
                          I am in full agreement with the above. A Sumner without breaks in his foot is much different than a Sumner recovering from breaks in his foot. I just don't see Austin returning for the NDSU game.

Comment

The way I see it is lujan doesn't have the arm sumner has obviously but this game sumner wouldn't have had more time formaking big passes down the field. Plus with JS out only weinkie has a big play potential. None of the other wr had either had a chance or proved they can do more in games then what they did for hobo day. Lujans mistakes were vastly improved this game. Made good reads and did a lot under pressure if he wasn't sacked. The online didn't give zenner much room at all. The D was bad all game. Didn't give up many points in the 2nd half but enough damage was done by then.

Comment

I can't speak for all of the players, only one. We had a dire family emergency on Monday which caused Ry's absence all week. We were blessed to have a positive outcome,(it was dire enough to call him home) and I sent him back as soon as we were assured the outcome would remain. I will be the first to admit that he was a little off.

Comment

What strikes me as odd is our defense is either playing really good or really bad, much of which has happened in the same game. There just is no middle ground.

We could be a really good team if we can figure out what is causing this discrepancy.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X