• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackJD
    replied
    Re: 10/4/14 vs. Illinois State RedBirds

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    ISU video and Chromecast for me as well. I'm expecting a tough game for SDSU but if we avoid turnovers we should get the win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Going out to the backyard to eat a hotdog and have a beer before the game too?

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

ISU video and Chromecast for me as well. I'm expecting a tough game for SDSU but if we avoid turnovers we should get the win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Signed up for the video feed on Illinois State's site. A 24-hr pass was $5.95 and the quality isn't bad. I tested it using Chromecast to cast it up to the big screen and watched Coach Spack's press conference from the other day. Coach Spack has a good working knowledge of the Jackrabbits.

Coach Spack spent a few minutes comparing Zenner to Mike Alstott, former Purdue and Tampa Bay standout. He noted Alstott was bigger but Zenner is faster and otherwise, lots of running similarities. Interesting comparison. Coach Spack played at Purdue and was a grad- and then assistant coach and had a hand in recruiting Alstott to Purdue.

This has great potential to be a hard-fought battle with a margin of victory a touchdown or less. Best guess: SDSU 24, ISU 21. Preference: SDSU 28, ISU 7.

Weather at kickoff should be about 47 to 49 degrees with winds out of the west at 19 mph. Looks like we brought the weather.

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Today is a HUGE game. We are going to learn a lot about our team today. What we have seen so far has been impressive. The team is pretty healthy which is a real plus. The line play has been very solid. Lujan needs to be good today.

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• Jacked4Days
    replied

SDSU vs ISU-r got the Sports Network FCS game of the week.
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4728216

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Heist and no.
    Thanks yeah that's it. That's to bad. What happened I don't recall hearing about it much after it got started.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Which was the brewery that a student started from a small business class. Theif or crook or something like that. That still going on?
    Heist and no.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Which was the brewery that a student started from a small business class. Theif or crook or something like that. That still going on?

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

I've talked to the owner, and the focus is on the beer an not the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

It's in the Building that used to house Northwestern Enegery. Just west of Nicks, and I am fairly certain they allow you to bring in carry out food as long as your throwing a few back. I would ask first though.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Not sure there but I had a beverage in Wooden Legs this week (outstanding beer, BTW) and I THINK I heard them say they would have the game. It was loud in there and I was mesmerized by the Ghost Pepper
    beer..... That is one fine little microbrewery.... they need to get more on the menu than pizza and pretzels but their beer is top rate.
    The have Pub-sandwiches

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Is wooden legs on main or a side street. Have yet to get there. Only place I have been really the last couple years I have been in town with a chance to get downtown as cubbys ans skinners.
    Side street. It's right across from the Brookings Register on 5th

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Is wooden legs on main or a side street. Have yet to get there. Only place I have been really the last couple years I have been in town with a chance to get downtown as cubbys ans skinners.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

I'm yet to stop into Wooden Legs. It's on the menu for next weekend.

As for this weekend. I personally went through some anxiety about this game early this week. Today for some reason I am 100% confident we win this game. Maybe not in the dominating fashion we won on the road against SUU, but I think by about 10 points. That is my prediction, provided Lujan doesn't turn the ball over. If he throws a couple picks, I'll be throwing beer cans at the trees.

I chose trees for the targets of the beer cans because I'll be outside avoiding a one-year old's birthday party, which now includes decorating pumpkins with glittery spray paint and bows for fall decorations. JFC.
    Last edited by KUlawJack; 10-03-2014, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    <3 Wooden Legs. I had an Irish breakfast there on Pub Crawl that year that was completely traditional and fantastic. The beer and staff are great.

Uh, what's this thread about?
    Wooden Legs is a must stop every time I'm in Brookings, which isn't very often anymore unfortunately. They also have a pretty awesome growler that has this year's SDSU football schedule on it.

Also, they are making something special for Hobo Day this year, Hobo Brew. http://woodenlegsbrewing.com/hobo-brew-2014/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X