Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 3: Southern Utah

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Actually, you aren't getting it, if the jacks lose 3 games they are cooked. Look at the schedule, I can't do the work for everybody up,in here. If they lose this weekend they will only have one more game they can lose, or they are out. In short this game is a must win.

Whatever makes you feel better bud. I guess the season is over 3 games in if the Jacks lose on Saturday. That's unfortunate.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Whatever makes you feel better bud. I guess the season is over 3 games in if the Jacks lose on Saturday. That's unfortunate.
      Actually that's the reality of most college football. You lose two or three games and you're out of postseason contention. It does suck but it's reality. I remember a time when a jackrabbit team I was on went 8-3 and we did not make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        Actually that's the reality of most college football. You lose two or three games and you're out of postseason contention. It does suck but it's reality. I remember a time when a jackrabbit team I was on went 8-3 and we did not make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah, going 8-3 and not making the playoffs is a tough pill to swallow. Maybe I'm over thinking this. Until a loss would officially eliminate the Jacks from playoff contention, I refuse to call it a must-win. Looking forward to going to Kravn on Saturday.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I get it. It's a big game. They all are. But 'must win' it is not, not by definition anyways. The Jacks could lose this game, and possibly 2 more, and still make the playoffs. That is far from 'must win' in my book.
          It could be that it's not a must win game but it would certainly make one of the tougher road games at UNI or NDSU a must win game, agreed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            According to JT Hassell the team is flying out Friday morning, so the roads shouldn't be a problem.
            Shouldn't be a hassle at all. Pun intended. They are on a charter flight and are flying directly to Cedar City.

Comment

Yah, going 8-3 and not making the playoffs is a tough pill to swallow. Maybe I'm over thinking this. Until a loss would officially eliminate the Jacks from playoff contention, I refuse to call it a must-win. Looking forward to going to Kravn on Saturday.
              The way I see it, with trips to NDSU and UNI, these other games are a must win. I don't want to have to rely on a win against the Bison or the Panthers to get us into the playoffs.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

It can't actually be a must win game until that game is the one that knocks you out of the playoffs. Like i said, its a key game, would be a great win. It makes the games later in the season weigh more towards a must win eventually, but by no means its a must win.

I just want to see the team go 1-0 for the week. thats all i care about.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  It can't actually be a must win game until that game is the one that knocks you out of the playoffs. Like i said, its a key game, would be a great win. It makes the games later in the season weigh more towards a must win eventually, but by no means its a must win.

I just want to see the team go 1-0 for the week. thats all i care about.

You don't get it. I've been told that since we are conceding losses to UNI and NDSU that this is a must win. Try to keep up.

Comment

You don't get it. I've been told that since we are conceding losses to UNI and NDSU that this is a must win. Try to keep up.
                    Clearly I didn't know we lost 2 games we haven't even played yet. hope nobody tells the team the are 1-3 right now after 2 games played.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm not conceding anything. But I guess that beating those two teams is just as easy as Southern Utah to many on this board. Perhaps I should rephrase it as not a "must win" but as a "can't lose."

Although with the 1-0 mantra each week, wouldn't that technically make every week a must win?
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Look losing this game makes making the playoffs a much harder task to accomplish, and a loss to a middling Big Sky team will not help coming down to playoff selection or seed selection. It gives us a lot more breathing room to win this game, which I expect us to do by 10-14 pts if we are as good as I believe. I think the brutality of our schedule hightens the importance of this game over that of a mere OOC game, seeing how even ISU blue looks to be decent this year.

Comment

Back when Sorensen was playing QB, the 'Birds threw the ball a ton.

Does anyone know if that is still the case? I know the stats were posted, but just wondering if anyone has watched them in the past 2 years... what type of style do they play?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            I'm not conceding anything. But I guess that beating those two teams is just as easy as Southern Utah to many on this board. Perhaps I should rephrase it as not a "must win" but as a "can't lose."

Although with the 1-0 mantra each week, wouldn't that technically make every week a must win?
                            Same here, not conceding anything. And good point on 1-0 mantra.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Back when Sorensen was playing QB, the 'Birds threw the ball a ton.

Does anyone know if that is still the case? I know the stats were posted, but just wondering if anyone has watched them in the past 2 years... what type of style do they play?

Just curious.
                              During weekly TV chat it sounded like they were pretty balanced and didn't do anything too flashy. Defense is their strength.

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                During weekly TV chat it sounded like they were pretty balanced and didn't do anything too flashy. Defense is their strength.

SUPERBUNNY
                                Defense in the Big Sky!? Who would have thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X