• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Week 2: Cal Poly

Here are the highlights from the Cal-Poly game. http://vimeo.com/105611666

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      If it is in fact against the rules, not cool. You can't talk about casually breaking rules while complaining about police presence in the same post.

If this is the attitude toward police/rules, I can certainly understand why some have had more issues than others.
      Well, it used to be against the rules, but seems it isn't anymore. Neither are half time beers as pointed out by theee catrabbit.

This is one reason USD's tailgate was reportedly better/more fun than Ours last season. Less rules and less issues. Saw photos of USD tailgate with all kinds of pets on Saturday. Same way at KU while I was there.

and to be clear, it wasn't even my dog. A player's family member brought it. Nice dog.

One more edit to clarify: we pour the glass bottle beers into cups.
      Last edited by KUlawJack; 09-09-2014, 06:43 AM.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper 76 View Post
        And Im sure both of you never speed, do a rolling stop, or anything of that nature either. Its not like he was letting of fireworks and letting the dog run rampant and eat peoples food all while KULAWjack was peeing in the middle of the road. Lighten up.
        Whoa. I use the porta potty.

And you're right. We were causing no issues. I'll bet JackJD will vouch for me for at least 20 minutes or so.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Tailgating isn't for everyone. You and KULawJack are welcome at our site anytime. No glass bottles, not pets, no red clothing, everything else is allowed.
          And you are always welcome to stop by ours.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            And you are always welcome to stop by ours.
            I know it's more than two months off, but is there a place the visiting fans can park a 35' motorhome to tailgate? I'm glad for all of you that it's loosened up some, it makes the day a lot more fun. Tailgating is part of the GAMEDAY experience anymore, it's no longer get here 15 minutes before the game and leave right after.

I'd come to your tailgate and bring food and beverage but JackMd said I can't wear red. Lol
            Last edited by yoteforever; 09-09-2014, 07:17 AM. Reason: Spell check

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              I know it's more than two months off, but is there a place the visiting fans can park a 35' motorhome to tailgate? I'm glad for all of you that it's loosened up some, it makes the day a lot more fun. Tailgating is part of the GAMEDAY experience anymore, it's no longer get here 15 minutes before the game and leave right after.

I'd come to your tailgate and bring food and beverage but JackMd said I can't wear red. Lol
              Your best bet for a motor home will be in the parking lot to the west of the stadium, near the Briggs Library. It is a gray lot and allows tailgating. There, or you can park to the northwest of the stadium in the white lot. It is a gravel parking lot but it would be around more of the SDSU tailgating. If I could find a map, I'd point them out to you, but I can't seem to locate an updated map for the life of me.

For the white lot, you'd enter off of the Highway 14 Bypass on the road bordering the west side of the Backyard. For the gray lot, you'd need to enter off of Medary.

Comment

You guys are all missing the point. It was a NICE dog..........

Comment

Agree w/ what KUlawJack mentioned about which lots would make sense. Attached is the parking maps. Most Bison Fans (w/ their big rigs) park near the Library (SW of the Library).
                  http://www.gojacks.com/pdf9/2781301.pdf

*Animals (except for service animals) are not allowed in tailgating areas & parking lots (Rule #4 from tailigating rules list).

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    You guys are all missing the point. It was a NICE dog..........
                    Must spread rep*

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Agree w/ what KUlawJack mentioned about which lots would make sense. Attached is the parking maps. Most Bison Fans (w/ their big rigs) park near the Library (SW of the Library).

*Animals (except for service animals) are not allowed in tailgating areas & parking lots (Rule #4 from tailigating rules list).
                      As for the dog, that is what I told the owner from what I could recall. However, the cop drove by, saw the dog, and a number of SDSU employees walked by and saw the dog and didn't say anything. That's why I figured the rule was relaxed.

I've officially hijacked this thread. My work is done here. On to the next one...

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Thanks to both of you

Comment

We make an exception for the usd game as many of my Yankton area friends are coyote fans and even former players. We will have a large smoker and grill on Nov 22nd with plenty of ribs, chicken wings and other delightful food and beverages. On that day red colors will be allowed to intermingle with blue and yellow. You can even bring your dog if you want to.

The tailgate experience was MUCH better on Saturday than it has been for several years. This is likely a credit to the enforcement of policies in prior years and a recognition that the VAST majority of tailgaters are just trying to have a good time, support the Jackrabbits and enjoy the company of friends with a football game as the focal point. Looking forward to the Beef Bowl.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thanks to both of you
                            http://www.gojacks.com//pdf9/2539287.pdf

Here is a link to the map. I agree with UW and KU the white lot to the northwest (gravel) is better proximity to the main tailgate. The white lot by the library will be a little more remote. $5 either way.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Tailgating isn't for everyone. You and KULawJack are welcome at our site anytime. No glass bottles, not pets, no red clothing, everything else is allowed.
                              JackMD?? More like JackPD. Stop being such a hardliner.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

LOL at those hard-line, rule-followin’, goody two shoes tailgaters. I can’t believe somebody broke the rules and brought a dog. A DOG!!!! Rules are rules and need to be followed. I mean, what would happen if people didn’t follow these rules? Somebody might bring a cat!

Just having a little fun, hopefully nobody takes offense. Good luck with your next game and tailgate. Hopefully nobody ends up in jail due to a canine infraction.

Comment

Working...
                                X