GDT week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT week 1

We're going to have to punt. Mizzou is going to get about 1:25 to score...we'll see if we can hang with them and stop them.

Comment

Jacks go 3 and out. Mizzou calls timeout.

Mizzou will take over around their own 30. 1:09 left in the half.

Comment

A positive: SDSU's special teams playing reasonably well.

Comment

Halftime. Missouri 21, SDSU 10.

Honestly, Mizzou's offense doesn't look very good after that first quarter.

Jacks defense played really well, too, in the second quarter.

Obviously, Sumner's foot is the story of the game, but the Jacks are playing well so far.

Comment

Mizzou's quarterback was unimpressive in the second quarter. Our defense obviously made some adjustments and started getting a little pressure on Mizzou's backfield.

Mizzou's coach is not a happy camper. He appears to be a butt-chewing kinda guy and he's going do some chewing in the lockerroom.

Comment

Honestly there are some positivea so far. With a backup qb were in the game with an SEC team. The defense seems to be settleing in. And ZZ has 100 yds in ONE HALF against the defending SEC runner up. I would call that impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Sounds like 2 breaks. Unsure if it's one bone or 2. He's done, career is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I don't want to hear that. But you probably have some inside information.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Mizzou's quarterback was unimpressive in the second quarter. Our defense obviously made some adjustments and started getting a little pressure on Mizzou's backfield.

Mizzou's coach is not a happy camper. He appears to be a butt-chewing kinda guy and he's going do some chewing in the lockerroom.
                  Mauk had one of the silliest plays I've seen. He was being sacked and ended up throwing the ball backwards out of bounds another 10 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper 76 View Post
                    Honestly there are some positivea so far. With a backup qb were in the game with an SEC team. The defense seems to be settleing in. And ZZ has 100 yds in ONE HALF against the defending SEC runner up. I would call that impressive.
                    We can't expect the defense to keep it up. They're been pretty good but as the game progresses they will get tired. This team had a hard time scoring point with our #1 QB. The playcalling will get even more conservative. Get ZZ out of the game.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

It seems our coaches usually make some good adjustments during the half time. We're very much in this game.

Several guys who were backups on the depth chart are seeing a lot of action and they're verifying our recruiting in the past couple of years has been darned good.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        We can't expect the defense to keep it up. They're been pretty good but as the game progresses they will get tired. This team had a hard time scoring point with our #1 QB. The playcalling will get even more conservative. Get ZZ out of the game.
                        Well from the sounds of it were gunna need to learn how to score without him. And my bad for looking at a couple positives from the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          I hope they don't go any more conservative. Lujan was a known quantity when recruited after one year in a California JC. There were articles that indicated he was 'ready to play' on our level and he's demonstrating it. Keep Zenner in the game.

Comment

Three broken metimusal bones for sumner. As much as the kid has went through with everything else your heart just sinks for him

Comment

21-10 half - Considering the competition, I think we are in a good position.

Tough injury with Sumner, but Lujan (?) is playing reasonably well. The score was 21-7 before the first quarter ended, and it could've got out of hand really fast. I liked how the team stayed calm, focused, and rebounded. It showed a lot of maturity.

For the second half, we are down by 11 points. It's not an unreasonably deficit to overcome. Let's see how well the offence adjusts with Lujan and if defense holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper 76 View Post
                                Well from the sounds of it were gunna need to learn how to score without him. And my bad for looking at a couple positives from the first half.
                                Oh I agree there were positives...aside from a couple bad pass coverages the defense had been darn good. I just wouldn't want to see the rest of the season jeopardized because of this game.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X