Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Am I off base in thinking a 5-11 195 linebacker is a little small? Is the playing time special teams, or actual defensive unit?
    If he has another gear and is intelligent and aggressive I believe he'll be fine. It's more likely he'll get to 205-210 in the next couple months(look at what Langer has done). Fact is Lally wasn't much bigger when he first started. I'm excited to see Hassell, kind of has that hybrid LB/SS ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      He was listed at 5'10", 200 lb.
      He turned out pretty good aside from missing that one INT so dont think we shold be to worried as long as they can plan the position.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        How tall was Rodgers? he seemed rather short too but cant recall what his height was.
        Yes he was undersized, but his heart made up the difference. I talked to Jay Bubak right before he left and he was excited to see Jimmy get the LB job. In fact he lobbied hard for him. He said he never coached a guy with more heart and his relentless passion made up for any shortcomings(not that he had many).

Comment

Hassell is on the smaller side, but he's a Sam LB so that's okay given his extra gear.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Also I was surprised when TV listed the starting 5 in his chat yesterday for the offensive line and I didn't see Nick Carr's name on there. I thought he was the heir apparent to the LT position.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              Also I was surprised when TV listed the starting 5 in his chat yesterday for the offensive line and I didn't see Nick Carr's name on there. I thought he was the heir apparent to the LT position.
              What were the 5 he said? Gregor, Sieter, im drawing a blank on the others.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                Went to Argus to read the replay and as of now on the Jackrabbits tab the headline is the USD chat replay, innocent mistake? Me thinks there are some shenanigans going on, almost bothers me more than the old Jacks logo on the Rivals FB page.

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/jackrabbits/

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  What were the 5 he said? Gregor, Sieter, im drawing a blank on the others.
                  Purcell, Siverling and Ohnesorge were the others, kinda small compared to lines of the past. Might have to stop calling them the "fat guys", maybe "husky guys" is more appropriate. other than Gregor the others are 6'3" and 275-295lbs.

Comment

Interesting lineup. Two seniors from South Dakota with good size and strong history playing against MVFC teams. Three undersized, underclassmen from Wisconsin with minimal experience. This should be a fairly athletic group, I just don't see them overpowering opponents like in years past. The good thing is that it doesn't take a huge hole for Zenner to gobble up yards. Hope they are nimble enough to overcome their lack of length in pass protection.

Comment

• Re: Fall Camp

The five 0-linemen that TV mentioned in his chat were his guesses as to who would start. I don't think the official starters have been named.
                      I suspect the Jacks will be smallish, overall, at linebacker, too. Dallas Brown, a likely starter there, isn't real big either. But hopefully the LBs will be quick as a unit and have good instincts.
                      This link should take you directly to TV's live chat: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-sdsu/6974781/
                      This space for lease.

Comment

The offensive line will be fine. Give the Jacks smart,strong,athletic,tough linemen who have great feet and the team will succeed. Fat guys give you fat. The passing game needs blocking but also needs receivers to get open and the qb to throw the football on time. The run game needs a hole for the rb to read and hit, nothing more. I didnt see overpowering line play the past years, just good teamwork.

Comment

I wonder if the smaller o-line men has to do with our new online coach who was a smaller guard that played at Oklahoma

Comment

Informal scrimmage this morning. Light rain falling. Offense looked good (Zenner stayed on sidelines, unless he was in before I got there). Schneider made some great catches. Got to see Tyler Finnes, Zach Luhan and Chris Little get QB looks. Brady Mengarelli (RFr) and Issac Wallace (Fr) looked pretty good to me at RB, so some pretty good talent may be coming up when ZZ leaves us.

Comment

The heavier guys on the OL have more "shoving" abilities and can hold their block a little better,but less quickness.We just have to adapt our play a little,tweak a few things.We'll be fine.

Comment

Watching eastern washington and sam houston state and they were showing ewu highlights and some of the sdsu game was in it. That was bitter sweet. Makes every game more important to help get home field advantage and get fans in the seats for play offs.

Comment

Working...
                                X