Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I expect a major shift given how thin we are inside with experience. More 3-4 hybrid look. Use Langer (who is still listed about 50 lbs light on the gojacks.com roster) to anchor the middle and destroy.
    3-4 - That would be cool. Makes sense too with the Jack's history of finding linebackers and how tough it is to find defensive linemen.

TV had an OK video up in his notes http://www.argusleader.com/story/ter...aug3/13557559/ but not near as good as Goosie's video...

Comment

I expect a major shift given how thin we are inside with experience. More 3-4 hybrid look. Use Langer (who is still listed about 50 lbs light on the gojacks.com roster) to anchor the middle and destroy.
      With Elmore out , there may not be enough LB depth to go with 4. I would guess the Army transfer will team up with Langer to shore up the middle.

Comment

Also wish the roster was updated with everyone's new numbers so we could who we're seeing in some of the videos.

Here's another topic of conversation. What freshmen do you think have a chance to see the field this year, if any? Here's my list:

Christian Banasiak - DE
        Trey Carr - DB
        JT Hassell - LB

Anyone else have thoughts?
        I believe that Banasiak and Hassell will be the two Freshmen that will get some playing time. Banasiak will be big to help with depth on the D-Line so we can have rested pass rushers. With the injury to Elmore, Hassell could provide valuable minutes in games to keep starters fresh. He runs a 4.5 and I like his size. However, I can't see any of the three starting against Mizzou.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
          I believe that Banasiak and Hassell will be the two Freshmen that will get some playing time. Banasiak will be big to help with depth on the D-Line so we can have rested pass rushers. With the injury to Elmore, Hassell could provide valuable minutes in games to keep starters fresh. He runs a 4.5 and I like his size. However, I can't see any of the three starting against Mizzou.
          I'd guess the same regarding starting against Mizzou. They might get a bit of time as the season goes on. I expect Trey Carr to be a big contributor to the SDSU program as well.

JT Hassell's high school highlights are really fun to watch. I hope he can add some weight but keep that same type of athleticism.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            With Elmore out , there may not be enough LB depth to go with 4. I would guess the Army transfer will team up with Langer to shore up the middle.
            I'd expect will see some from Kellen Soulek too. He's a big big dude.

Comment

I'd expect will see some from Kellen Soulek too. He's a big big dude.
              I watched Kellen play in high school since he was a sophomore, and he has incredible size. However the quickness that he has with his size is the most impressive part of his game.
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Its probably easier to recruit linebackers easier then D lineman, and we usually have had great linebackers every year step up and D line is a hit and miss. getting athletic 6'1 210 pound linebackers is easier i would assume then 6'4 250 plus pound D line man. Often it seems we have to take a a taller LB and beef um up to fit on the DE which cant be the easiest trasition to make. Langer beefing up or a beast like Batten doesnt happen every year. I would be more worried about the scemes and adjustments to the players and coaches who are use to 4-3 D having to relearn some what they have to do in a 3-4 D.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So much depends on the freshmen being physically ready and then mentally tough enough to understand the college game.

My list might include d-line Ramsey and Pupungatao as this area is thin. Soulek has potential and size which makes the line better and might keep one of these guys off.

The linebacker will be the same. Freshmen must be physically (body) ready and able to handle mental part. I like Slade, Hassell or Bondon. Might see two make the travel.

Carr could if needed for depth. If healthy, the player Romenesko has skills.

Time me will tell and injuries will factor in the decisions.

Comment

I see a 3-4 against fast, speedy teams otherwise the 4-3 in most games.

Comment

Here is a cool little video they did showing the Freshman moving in and getting their equipment...http://vimeo.com/102648117

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

***Fyi, if you have twitter you should give Matt Holland a follow, he is worthy of a follow from all Jackrabbit football fans for all of the awesome videos he makes...https://twitter.com/Holland1157

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Comment

Don't forget about Gottlieb. He maybe one of the best all around athletes on the team and as he develops could give teams headaches up front just by his speed, long arms, and agility.

Comment

Few camp updates:

Blake Krings, a sophomore LB left the team just before fall camp. The NIU LB addition is not at camp yet. So, I'm guessing LB depth chart looks something like this at this point:

SAM -Brown/Kreutzfeldt
                          MIKE - Lally/Schuster
                          WILL - Bobbit/Peitz

Obviously, a few of those guys can mix and match positions. We do have some additional LBs, but not sure where they fit in.

Army transfer is big, fast, and athletic. Sounds like something we need at DT/NT so we can rotate some depth and wear down opposing offenses.

Comment

Just curious if anyone has actually gone and watched any of the fall camp yet or if the assumptions towards depth chart/travel squad is based on viewing video online. It looks like KUlawJack may have gone and seen camp since he said the army transfer kid looked big.

Comment

Originally posted by tck9199 View Post
                              Just curious if anyone has actually gone and watched any of the fall camp yet or if the assumptions towards depth chart/travel squad is based on viewing video online. It looks like KUlawJack may have gone and seen camp since he said the army transfer kid looked big.
                              Saw the Army kid, Langer, Ramsey and Soulek around, they look like o-line men. I even think LaBlance has added a few lbs. Should have a good rotation for the next few years!

Comment

Anyone know when Hazelett is going to report? Would be nice to have that added depth at LB after the Elmore injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X