Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Season

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    With Mueller out now, who will be starting on the O-line for us? Any ideas?

LT Nick Carr

LG Dylan Sieter

C Jacob Ohnesorge

RG Nick Purcell

RT - Trevor Greger

Any other thoughts? I was hoping this would be an area of strength but having to replace two starters (Shoff and Mueller) including all our losses from last year has me a bit worried.
    Muellers out too? I thought only schoff was for returning lineman. so does anyone have a list of the lineman that are injuried and out/left the team and those available? I am looking at the roster and it looks like a bunch of underclassman are going to be thrown into the proverbial fire on the Oline.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

With Mueller out now, who will be starting on the O-line for us? Any ideas?

LT Nick Carr

LG Dylan Sieter

C Jacob Ohnesorge

RG Nick Purcell

RT - Trevor Greger

Any other thoughts? I was hoping this would be an area of strength but having to replace two starters (Shoff and Mueller) including all our losses from last year has me a bit worried.
      Any word on how Zimmerman has been performing in fall camp? If I remember correctly, he was a little behind on picking up the offense this spring, but I figured he'd start getting more acclimated with it over the summer and be ready to go. We beat out some FBS programs for his services so one would assume he'd be physically ready to compete coming out of JuCo.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

I was hoping this would be an area of strength but having to replace two starters (Shoff and Mueller) including all our losses from last year has me a bit worried.
        For good reason. Complete O-line decimation does not go well with the type of schedule this team faces in 2014 if the goal is getting to the playoffs. There is definitely no room for error when you can probably lose only three games and your schedule includes trips to Missouri, NDSU, and UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Muellers out too? I thought only schoff was for returning lineman. so does anyone have a list of the lineman that are injuried and out/left the team and those available? I am looking at the roster and it looks like a bunch of underclassman are going to be thrown into the proverbial fire on the Oline.
          Reported yesterday by ESPN 99.1 on their website. I didn't see anyone else report it yet. I linked it in the other thread. Maybe we should combine these two threads as its getting a little hairy to figure out what was said where.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Reported yesterday by ESPN 99.1 on their website. I didn't see anyone else report it yet. I linked it in the other thread. Maybe we should combine these two threads as its getting a little hairy to figure out what was said where.
            Oh maybe I did read that. To many guys out to remember.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I think Mueller being out for the year was disclosed during media day interviews. The O-line is definitely this year's biggest area of concern.
              This space for lease.

Comment

We'll be fine. This seems to be a common lament every year, and every year they are ready to go. We've had injuries, we experience graduation. Just like everybody else. Go to the roster and look at the size of our Olinemen. Pretty good. Shoff was huge, but we'll get by without him and he'll be back next year.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

These setbacks in the O-line always open opportunity for those who might not otherwise play. Seems like our O line has been a strength in the past. I would look for those replacements to step up and fill in. Replacing ZZ would be a bigger challenge at this point in time. Lets hope ZZ and Sumner stay healthy.

Comment

I am excited to see this years passing attack with Cam Jones Back, Schneider, Wieneke, Larves Jones, and Connor Landberg all at 6'3" or taller not to mention our burners like Wright, Wesley, and Andrews. Our wide receivers should be a strength this year combined with a healthy Sumner should make for a big year when teams have to load up the box against Zenner. I just hope our line can hold up through the season.

Comment

• Re: 2014 Season

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      We'll be fine. This seems to be a common lament every year, and every year they are ready to go. We've had injuries, we experience graduation. Just like everybody else. Go to the roster and look at the size of our Olinemen. Pretty good. Shoff was huge, but we'll get by without him and he'll be back next year.
                      With due respect, this is not a common lament regarding our offensive line. We don't usually graduate 2-3 starters and then lose two projected starters to season ending injuries before fall camp even starts. We will be relying upon a few young guys, who will undoubtedly be able to run block. It is the pass blocking that really concerns me. We have given up a lot of sacks with Sumner at the helm and having new faces in there pass blocking may result in some early growing pains.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                        I am excited to see this years passing attack with Cam Jones Back, Schneider, Wieneke, Larves Jones, and Connor Landberg all at 6'3" or taller not to mention our burners like Wright, Wesley, and Andrews. Our wide receivers should be a strength this year combined with a healthy Sumner should make for a big year when teams have to load up the box against Zenner. I just hope our line can hold up through the season.
                        The depth we have at running back seems really good too. Like guys who probably won't get many carries cause to many other weapons on the field will be getting the ball. I was going to ask about cam jones, is he back 100% healthy? He will be a huge plus getting back. Sort of hope we see some flash or new formations with our running game. I don't just want to see tight ends shift in motion.

Comment

With due respect, this is not a common lament regarding our offensive line. We don't usually graduate 2-3 starters and then lose two projected starters to season ending injuries before fall camp even starts. We will be relying upon a few young guys, who will undoubtedly be able to run block. It is the pass blocking that really concerns me. We have given up a lot of sacks with Sumner at the helm and having new faces in there pass blocking may result in some early growing pains.
                          I agree.

I think the bottom line here is that if the offensive line does not perform this year we won't be going to the playoffs, regardless of all of our wideout and backfield talent. Pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            I agree.

I think the bottom line here is that if the offensive line does not perform this year we won't be going to the playoffs, regardless of all of our wideout and backfield talent. Pretty simple.

Agreed. I am concerned about the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. If you lose the battle there, you typically lose the game.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Judging by the some of the comments, why bother and play any games, after all we might end up 0-12. We have no linemen. Come on guys, we got Oskosh on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Judging by the some of the comments, why bother and play any games, after all we might end up 0-12. We have no linemen. Come on guys, we got Oskosh on the schedule.
                                I like your positive attitude Nidaros. I'm still concerned about O-line, and we still have some fall camp left. Others could get dinged and that would really put me ill at ease.

Comment

Working...
                                X