X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri Tigers

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Nothing he is still No 2.
    Honestly, I was surprised to see that on the depth chart given what I'd heard about reps in practice.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      I heard Chad Strehlow has a broken hand so we may miss him for a few games as he would have started at fullback.
      I understand RFr Brady Mengarelli (whom I mentioned in an earlier post as looking good at scrimmage) will start as fullback at Mizzou. And I believe they will motion him back across on the sweep, rather than a WR. Getting really excited to head for Columbia...and just hoping to play well and not decimate our squad any more than it is already.

Comment

Should have mentioned (and maybe it already has been), but the Jacks are going to go with a more conventional fullback in the backfield, rather than the second TE they have used in the past.

Comment

As I think back the Jackrabbits have not performed that well in FBS games to start the season, seems Jacks have done better when these games are later in the schedule. Maybe I'm wrong. Excited to see Columbia and Mizzou fans. Apprehensive about the outcome. I had a blast in Illinois 2 years ago even though the game was the low point of the trip.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            As I think back the Jackrabbits have not performed that well in FBS games to start the season, seems Jacks have done better when these games are later in the schedule. Maybe I'm wrong. Excited to see Columbia and Mizzou fans. Apprehensive about the outcome. I had a blast in Illinois 2 years ago even though the game was the low point of the trip.
            Illinois was a blast. Highly underrated as far as our FBS trips are concerned, game excluded.

Just no way I could go to Columbia and spend money. The Jayhawk in me prevents such actions. I'll be cheering for a beat down of MU all the same from SF.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              I understand RFr Brady Mengarelli (whom I mentioned in an earlier post as looking good at scrimmage) will start as fullback at Mizzou. And I believe they will motion him back across on the sweep, rather than a WR. Getting really excited to head for Columbia...and just hoping to play well and not decimate our squad any more than it is already.
              It looks like Mengarelli along with Dom Wright will be returning kicks as well.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

We will be heading out tomorrow morning about 9 am. Planning to hit a few night spots Friday. Harpo's, Murray's, Tropical Liqueurs. Any Jackrabbit fans gathering on Friday night? We will be tailgating across from the Hampton Inn and Suites east of the stadium. All jackrabbit fans are welcome.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am looking for one ticket for Missouri game, can anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    thats good if thats the case. Sometimes in the past it seems Stig would be loyal to a fault and not play an underclassman over an upperclassman even if it seems to fans it was obvious. The more competition the better. Just hope the lines are getting things figured out. If they don't its going to be an even harder game then it needs to be.
                    ?????????????

This sort of statement always confuses me. Goon - please name upperclassman who Stig would be loyal to a fault.

I just posted and commented on the depth charge about the underclassmen on the O-line.

I think the statement that Stig is loyal to a fault is a myth and needs to go away. -Don't take it personally Goon. I really like your posts.

The red shirt center starting in a loud, large stadium is fascinating to me. I'm still curious as to the logic and wondering if they are just matching up. Just like they did with Nebraska when the Jacks moved their All American center to left guard for one game due to a match up.

Comment

Got the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post

This sort of statement always confuses me. Goon - please name upperclassman who Stig would be loyal to a fault.

I think the statement that Stig is loyal to a fault is a myth and needs to go away.
                        Do you really need Goon to answer that question? I can give you 3 letters.

Stig has made some mistakes in that regard, but more importantly I think he has learned from those mistakes - especially over the last few seasons. We are seeing more and more of the younger guys start if they can perform better than their elders. Learning from those mistakes is going to continue to make him a better coach, and our program will be better because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                          Do you really need Goon to answer that question? I can give you 3 letters.

Stig has made some mistakes in that regard, but more importantly I think he has learned from those mistakes - especially over the last few seasons. We are seeing more and more of the younger guys start if they can perform better than their elders. Learning from those mistakes is going to continue to make him a better coach, and our program will be better because of it.
                          So basically U can't even name 1.

Name 1.

Comment

Name 1.
                            I believe Stig was loyal to Tyrel Kool when he started him his jr year over ZZ, Kool was a good slot guy should have kept him there. That's the 1 of the FCS era that comes to mind.

Comment

Name 1.

Teeeee. Ohhhhhh. Ahh, nevermind...
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                I believe Stig was loyal to Tyrel Kool when he started him his jr year over ZZ, Kool was a good slot guy should have kept him there. That's the 1 of the FCS era that comes to mind.
                                Tief over Moss. Not a Sr., but someone who had been in the program longer. That's the only one who I can think of besides TOB over Sumner. And in that case, it's not like TOB was a terrible QB. I know for a fact that TOB had been heavily invested in the success of the team the summer before he quit. Not sure what happened but the incident before the Cal Poly game and his in game performance was the straw that broke the camels back.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X