X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri Tigers

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Kyle Paris anyone?

Last year pre-season, TV stated that he was making a strong push for playing time as the backup RB. Then something happened that I believe went unreported and we never saw him except late in the playoffs.

Is he set to make a triumphant return in 2014?
    I'd guess number 3 behind Mengarelli.

EDIT: Where in the F is a depth chart? It's Tuesday of game week.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      I'm for any scheme that gets ZZ past the LOS and into the secondary.
      I'm for anything that makes the defense play honest against Zenner. Too many times teams would just ignore all other running options and have tunnel vision on ZZ. Our offense started looking a lot better at the end of the year when Sumner finally started to keep the ball every once in a while on the read option (which the way we were running it, the word "option" wasn't valid). There were times the QB keeper was so open that a 52 year old Dan Marino could have ran for 10 yards without getting touched.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Or line ZZ up at wide out and run him across, he would do pretty well with that getting a hand of and put Gandy or Rodriquez in the backfield. would atleast be a good decoy for those guys to get a chance to run.
        Just my opinion, not disagreeing, but I don't know if I've ever seen ZZ turn a corner. He seems like a downhill runner that can quickly adjust his direction, but has he ever completely changed direction effectively (horizontal to line then vertical or vice versa)? He's one of the greatest in school history, but trying to make him something he isn't seems pointless.

I'm completely OK with Zenner right, Zenner left if we are moving the ball, scoring TD's, and winning games. He's the best running back in FCS, no need to get cute, IMO.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Just my opinion, not disagreeing, but I don't know if I've ever seen ZZ turn a corner. He seems like a downhill runner that can quickly adjust his direction, but has he ever completely changed direction effectively (horizontal to line then vertical or vice versa)? He's one of the greatest in school history, but trying to make him something he isn't seems pointless.

I'm completely OK with Zenner right, Zenner left if we are moving the ball, scoring TD's, and winning games. He's the best running back in FCS, no need to get cute, IMO.
          Like I said, maybe as a decoy, have teams track him as he goes across the field maybe open up some lanes for others who have a chance to make a plan. Just more to keep the defense honest. He can catch the ball and run on a swing out pass, he is skilled enough to run outside the tackles.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I like the Jackrabbits team this year, and think we'll have a good season... but Mizzou scares me. Scares me more than Nebraska last year.

Doesn't matter how many people they lost or return... this is a solid SEC football team. They will be very good. If we fare well, it could be an extra exciting year for the Jackrabbits.

Comment

As we stand right now better than equal chance of thunderstorms Saturday afternoon in Columbia. That help or hurt Jacks?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                As we stand right now better than equal chance of thunderstorms Saturday afternoon in Columbia. That help or hurt Jacks?
                They don't play on a grass field do they? Often weather and field conditions can level the playing field so to speak.....like that one game I won't speak of.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  I like the Jackrabbits team this year, and think we'll have a good season... but Mizzou scares me. Scares me more than Nebraska last year.

Doesn't matter how many people they lost or return... this is a solid SEC football team. They will be very good. If we fare well, it could be an extra exciting year for the Jackrabbits.
                  No doubt Mizzso is a scary game. It could be worse like Oregon!!!!
                  If we are competitive and have no or few injuries, that would be all we can expect but Coach Stig is preaching 1-0 and we could all be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    I'd guess number 3 behind Mengarelli.

EDIT: Where in the F is a depth chart? It's Tuesday of game week.

What has Gandy done to fall off the so called depth chart?
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Missouri Tigers

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

This team is in a different league than Nebraska in more ways than one and they certainly are not Kansas, U of M, or Iowa State.

Honestly, my only hope is that we get out of there without injuries and keep it somewhat competitive for a little more than a quarter or two. Strange things happen from time to time, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        I think it has more to do w/ what Mengarelli has done. He had a solid spring game.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          I think it has more to do w/ what Mengarelli has done. He had a solid spring game.
                          Yeah, and a solid fall.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            Yeah, and a solid fall.
                            thats good if thats the case. Sometimes in the past it seems Stig would be loyal to a fault and not play an underclassman over an upperclassman even if it seems to fans it was obvious. The more competition the better. Just hope the lines are getting things figured out. If they don't its going to be an even harder game then it needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Nothing he is still No 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                This team is in a different league than Nebraska in more ways than one and they certainly are not Kansas, U of M, or Iowa State.

Honestly, my only hope is that we get out of there without injuries and keep it somewhat competitive for a little more than a quarter or two. Strange things happen from time to time, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                No confidence in the team at all? Still gotta play the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X