Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by goon View Post
    One time I saw larry "bud" melman in sac city ia. That's nw ia same town where reed tellinghusen is from. Had something to do with popcorn chicken from long johm silvers I think.
    You are getting off topic!!!!!!! and so am I. I guess NW Iowa has been picked clean by our opponents. No one from NW Iowa wants to come SDSU, not now after we passed on Van Ginkel.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      And if you don't know Bulldog, he is a former Jackrabbit (player I believe), but he now coaches in NW Iowa. Bulldog believes the coaches are missing on talent in NW Iowa. We didn't offer a scholarship to a kid that walked on at Iowa who now starts and we didn't offer to Van Ginkel (who stars at USD) and I think there was another kid too. Does that describe the circumstances with Bulldog for those who have missed this two year saga? Oh also, he gets annoyed by Nidaros's comments about the Dutch.
      Good for Bulldog that he is a former player, so am I. For every Van Ginkel, I will trump that with a Langer, Gottlob, Soulek, or a Forsythe, or a Taryn Christion. He coaches around the NW Iowa kids all the time, so there is passion for those kids in the area. I worry about players that are on our #5 ranked roster.

Comment

And if you don't know Bulldog, he is a former Jackrabbit (player I believe), but he now coaches in NW Iowa. Bulldog believes the coaches are missing on talent in NW Iowa. We didn't offer a scholarship to a kid that walked on at Iowa who now starts and we didn't offer to Van Ginkel (who stars at USD) and I think there was another kid too. Does that describe the circumstances with Bulldog for those who have missed this two year saga? Oh also, he gets annoyed by Nidaros's comments about the Dutch.
        I think I am being picked on. Why some of my best friends are Dutch. I grew up near a Dutch community called Volga so how could I be prejudiced against the Dutch? Also I find Bulldog annoying but that his choice.. I guess when you challenge some one you don't agree with you be come annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I think I am being picked on. Why some of my best friends are Dutch. I grew up near a Dutch community called Volga so how could I be prejudiced against the Dutch? Also I find Bulldog annoying but that his choice.. I guess when you challenge some one you don't agree with you be come annoyed.
          haha! I just wanted to make sure anyone that is new to the board has an accurate picture of the bromance that you and Bulldog have going on.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

haha! I just wanted to make sure anyone that is new to the board has an accurate picture of the bromance that you and Bulldog have going on.

Comment

You were not around to see Larry "Bud" Korver from Orange City play. He was a good one, would be in his early 80's. A super guy,.who did his practice teaching at Brookings High.
              Nidaros, you know me and my family, at least by name so I don't want to get too nit picky with you, but I played for Larry Korver at NWC but his nickname isn't Bud, its "Bubs" Korver.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                From Jimmy Rogers.
                @SDSURogers3: Huge Get for the Rabbits tonight !!!Excited about this one... Welcome to the family!

From Dan Jackson.
                @Dan_Jackson5: Awesome weekend for the Jacks! Huge win for our program yesterday and we just added a special young man to our family! #NebraskaJACKS

According to Jacob Matthew Twitter account:
                Millard North - Class of 2016 - SDSU Commit

https://rivals.yahoo.com/dlb/footbal...Matthew-159723
                Had offers from some top MVFC programs.

Confirmed: @Sean_Callahan: Congrats to Millard North LB/DE Jacob Matthew for committing to South Dakota State night. Great pick up for the Jacks. @jacob__matthew
                Drifting back......

I hope he stays at MLB. Kid is a beast and has the range to go sideline to sideline. He'll probably get to 245-250#'s without loss of speed. Also could be another member of the heavy package on offense. I'm fairly positive he gets a yard 99% of the time.

Love the way this class is shaping up, looks to be several possible contributors right away. For me signing day can't come soon enough although I'm ok if it's after a National Championship.��
                Last edited by Jackedforlife; 11-11-2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                  Nidaros, you know me and my family, at least by name so I don't want to get too nit picky with you, but I played for Larry Korver at NWC but his nickname isn't Bud, its "Bubs" Korver.
                  Oh Okay. I remember him as a very good football player, running back I believe and was co-captain of the 1956 team.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 11-11-2015, 03:49 AM.

Comment

I wish we would focus this thread on 2016 recruits. If you guys want to rehash the same stupid argument over and over use the appropriate topic so I can ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Zimmer posted this article.
                      http://herosports.com/collegefootbal...-recruiting-2/#
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        I wish we would focus this thread on 2016 recruits. If you guys want to rehash the same stupid argument over and over use the appropriate topic so I can ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        What F*CK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? BoxerBoy just corrected me on a nickname that his former coach had. No big deal Where is the back and forth? GO AHEAD AND IGNORE. Will my feelings be hurt? I don't think so.

Comment

What F*CK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? BoxerBoy just corrected me on a nickname that his former coach had. No big deal Where is the back and forth? GO AHEAD AND IGNORE. Will my feelings be hurt? I don't think so.
                          Wow, kind of snarky...

Comment

So...............

this is class is shaping up very well. Like to continue to add lineman. Getting Keely to come home would be great. Nice to add a DE that's that tall, batted passes are picked off pretty often.

Comment

Oh Okay. I remember him as a very good football player, running back I believe and was co-captain of the 1956 team.
                              You are exactly right, he was the cocaptain of the 1956 team and a very good one at that and a very good coach. His record at Northwestern College was exemplary. OK 2002 Jack, I'm out, carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                So...............

this is class is shaping up very well. Like to continue to add lineman. Getting Keely to come home would be great. Nice to add a DE that's that tall, batted passes are picked off pretty often.
                                Did Keely leave on a good note? I know his brother also was here at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X