2016 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

You need to get one of the cheerleaders to give you a megaphone for the S D S U cheer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      You need to get one of the cheerleaders to give you a megaphone for the S D S U cheer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
      HA! Don't know how I let them talk me into it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Agree that is understandable, but every institution submits a FCOA figure to the NCAA, and the NCAA is now says you can offer any amount (differing) UP TO the FCOA figure, but not above it. NDSU's FCOA is lower than SDSU's, which says we can offer more than NDSU to any athlete (in any differing amount) up to our FCOA. Holy cow, what a mess. A big thank you to UMW for finding the "equivalency" rule for FCS...which is what I said in my first post (disagreed with by TAB) that we can offer a total of 63 FB full scholarships, split up in differing amounts to 85 players.
        Has anybody cleared up the Title IX picture for offering partial FCOA? As I understand it, each dollar spent on FCOA for a male athlete needs to be matched with a dollar spent on a female athlete. Or am I completely misunderstanding how FCOA works? If I got it roughly right, which female athletes at SDSU will be benefiting from COA paychecks next year?
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Has anybody cleared up the Title IX picture for offering partial FCOA? As I understand it, each dollar spent on FCOA for a male athlete needs to be matched with a dollar spent on a female athlete. Or am I completely misunderstanding how FCOA works? If I got it roughly right, which female athletes at SDSU will be benefiting from COA paychecks next year?
          The basketball teams were on the list for next year which would have been a close balance for the Title IX view. If there is a need to balance for the football expenditures, then you would need to look at the volleyball or softball or swimming etc.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Let me throw out a very general question reguarding IX. My understanding is that Title IX is about equal opportunity. Does it have to match every male dollar with a female dollar? There seems to be some fudge room in there somewhere. Title IX is about offering equal number of sports and scholarships and COA is about pay. Seems like equal pay laws would come into affect here and not Title IX.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Let me throw out a very general question reguarding IX. My understanding is that Title IX is about equal opportunity. Does it have to match every male dollar with a female dollar? There seems to be some fudge room in there somewhere. Title IX is about offering equal number of sports and scholarships and COA is about pay. Seems like equal pay laws would come into affect here and not Title IX.
              I've heard varying opinions of this. I've heard sport teams are paired wbb/mbb, volleyball and soccer/football, softball/baseball I've also heard as long as the money equals out in the end its fine. I'm not sure, but if they are offering it for football, they have to offer it to others.

Comment

Roster spots and also scholarships must be equal across the board. Matching sports doesn't matter much as long as male totals equals our female totals. An example is if a male sport wants another scholarship added to their program, the department must fund 2 scholarships and select another female sport to get the other one. COA will act the same way as it is really just an extension of the scholarship dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  Roster spots and also scholarships must be equal across the board. Matching sports doesn't matter much as long as male totals equals our female totals. An example is if a male sport wants another scholarship added to their program, the department must fund 2 scholarships and select another female sport to get the other one. COA will act the same way as it is really just an extension of the scholarship dollars.
                  Thank You

Comment

Correct but there are limits to the number of allowable scholarships for each sport. I'm not sure where we sit as far as if all programs are fully funded?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                      Correct but there are limits to the number of allowable scholarships for each sport. I'm not sure where we sit as far as if all programs are fully funded?
                      You are correct - a lot of our sports are at the max but there are some that aren't. I'm not sure if the department publishes those numbers anywhere or not.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        From a RT it looks like Bacon plans to announce today, but Pavlik and Markert are quiet.
                        Has anyone heard if the Jacks are still interested in Markert ? If I remember correctly after the Jacks offered, he tweeted he had a tough decision to make between our offer and a PWO from the Gophers. Someone said today on the Gopher board that they are no longer interested.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Has anyone heard if the Jacks are still interested in Markert ? If I remember correctly after the Jacks offered, he tweeted he had a tough decision to make between our offer and a PWO from the Gophers. Someone said today on the Gopher board that they are no longer interested.
                          He RT'd a couple of "College Campuses" tweets that showecased both SDSU's and USD's notable buildings and green spaces. Otherwise I have no new info. I'd still like to add him or Pavlik. I see Pavlik made the roster for the Nebraska Shrine Bowl
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jhoeck/status/697535285895131136

Yesterday Coach Stig was at the Yankton QB Club and Jeremy Hoeck caught up with him. The above linked tweet says that Stig said there were 3 decommits. I know about Cloyd and Matthews, but I'm curious who the third was.

Here is Hoeck's blog about the event. https://pressdakotan.wordpress.com/
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              https://twitter.com/jhoeck/status/697535285895131136

Yesterday Coach Stig was at the Yankton QB Club and Jeremy Hoeck caught up with him. The above linked tweet says that Stig said there were 3 decommits. I know about Cloyd and Matthews, but I'm curious who the third was.
                              RB - Darshon McCullough, 5'10" 170, Chicago, IL (Marist) - Eastern Illinois (decommitted from SDSU as a DB)

Comment

You are correct - a lot of our sports are at the max but there are some that aren't. I'm not sure if the department publishes those numbers anywhere or not.
                                I've always wondered if all of our sports were maxed out with scholarships. I thought I remembered someone saying that wrestling wasn't maxed out, but am not positive.
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X