Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    NDSU is NDSU. Everything they do is going to be big news. USD and UND are always shouting from the rooftop trying to get attention. We simply take our time, do things quietly and correctly and it all works out in the end. I LOVE our administration and coaching staff(s) in all our major sports. I really don't know if any of us realize how lucky we are to have Stig, Nagy, AJ and Sell. We likely won't until one retires or leaves.
    This is funny. You act like you guys haven enjoyed tremendous success. Deny it all you want, but the decision to offer on a case by case basis was done out of fear. You guys were going to lose recruits and your coaches got scared. Offering case by case basis is the correct way to do it? Sure. Yeah, I'm buying that.

If somebody tells me you guys just don't have the cash at the moment because of the renovated stadium and that they want to do it and see the need but just can't but will as soon as the money is free...yeah, I'd buy that. But to make it look intentional and say going slow and correctly...that is just plain silly. Silly I tell you! As for the comments above yours it was stated how Jacks do things quietly while the Coyotes and Bison pound their chests...it is because you got nothing to pound your chest about...you have to sit there quietly as your institution wasn't ready. You bet those that have it are going to use it to their advantage.

filbert...I hope you don't take this as smack as that is not the intent...but I do think what he said (along with the posts above his) warrant discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Watch his video. I was super surprised. Unreal RB
      Maybe he doesn't like playing offense that much? Perhaps SDSU was in the mix for such an unreal RB because he loves playing defense and everybody else talked about how they were going to make him a feature back?
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        This is funny. You act like you guys haven enjoyed tremendous success. Deny it all you want, but the decision to offer on a case by case basis was done out of fear. You guys were going to lose recruits and your coaches got scared. Offering case by case basis is the correct way to do it? Sure. Yeah, I'm buying that.

If somebody tells me you guys just don't have the cash at the moment because of the renovated stadium and that they want to do it and see the need but just can't but will as soon as the money is free...yeah, I'd buy that. But to make it look intentional and say going slow and correctly...that is just plain silly. Silly I tell you! As for the comments above yours it was stated how Jacks do things quietly while the Coyotes and Bison pound their chests...it is because you got nothing to pound your chest about...you have to sit there quietly as your institution wasn't ready. You bet those that have it are going to use it to their advantage.

filbert...I hope you don't take this as smack as that is not the intent...but I do think what he said (along with the posts above his) warrant discussion.
        Case by case is absolutely the way to do it if you don't have the money to go all in. What would you have us do?

If you don't have the money to go all in, wouldn't the slow and correct thing be holding off on full blown FCOA? Offer FCOA to kids who will make the biggest difference or who you might lose?

Its funny that you think USD has something to pound their chest about. They suck, but since they beat NDSU and offer FCOA, they are allowed to pound their chest?

What exactly is the point of your post? Your intent was absolutely, 100% smack.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

You mean because we were waiting to get the funding set, and they did annouce they would for basketball and roll out for more sports and the funds would allow......Whats so hard to understand about that? NDSU can just turn to the boosters and say we need X number of dollars to cover this and its probably done instantly. USD turns to students to raise its fees, or at the very least offer money that they cant cover and turn to the state to help them out again like they usually do. SDSU doesnt have the funds to just say we are 100% in no matter what. They have to calculate their moves as it comes to providing FCOA. Plus if we offer FCOA and NDSU and USD dont think we are, or can, thats advantage to us. If a coach from a school who is boasting about about their FCOA and says well SDSU wont be able to offer it too you, even though we can and maybe have. That wouldnt look good on those opposing coaches. Not saying NDSU or USD would actually do that though, but keeping it close to the chest to start with is probably not a bad strategery(bushism).
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            Case by case is absolutely the way to do it if you don't have the money to go all in. What would you have us do?

If you don't have the money to go all in, wouldn't the slow and correct thing be holding off on full blown FCOA? Offer FCOA to kids who will make the biggest difference or who you might lose?

Its funny that you think USD has something to pound their chest about. They suck, but since they beat NDSU and offer FCOA, they are allowed to pound their chest?

What exactly is the point of your post? Your intent was absolutely, 100% smack.
            No, it was calling out somebody who was flat out wrong. He was puffing out his own chest making it sound like the way the Jacks doing it is THE way to do it...not the only way they CAN do it. Jacks fans can come off as acting superior...and that can come off as the little dog barking at the big dog thinking he is so good.

USD hasn't done much...but they are showing signs of really trying to strengthen their program. They went after a coach they wanted and made it happen...even going against the grain to try and get a multi-year contract (who knows how this will turn out...have to wait and see). They also got on the FCOA right away...they are commited. We will see where they end up...but as of right now they are making attempts. And what do they have to pound their chest about? Well, they are offering something you aren't...and it is a smart move to let people know it.

We can discuss things and call each other out...it doesn't need to be considered smack...just take a step back and look at some of the posts as an outsider would. It isn't like I'm defending Bisonville and don't admit to faults the Bison fans have.

Comment

No, it was calling out somebody who was flat out wrong. He was puffing out his own chest making it sound like the way the Jacks doing it is THE way to do it...not the only way they CAN do it. Jacks fans can come off as acting superior...and that can come off as the little dog barking at the big dog thinking he is so good.

USD hasn't done much...but they are showing signs of really trying to strengthen their program. They went after a coach they wanted and made it happen...even going against the grain to try and get a multi-year contract (who knows how this will turn out...have to wait and see). They also got on the FCOA right away...they are commited. We will see where they end up...but as of right now they are making attempts. And what do they have to pound their chest about? Well, they are offering something you aren't...and it is a smart move to let people know it.

We can discuss things and call each other out...it doesn't need to be considered smack...just take a step back and look at some of the posts as an outsider would. It isn't like I'm defending Bisonville and don't admit to faults the Bison fans have.
              He never said it was the only way to do it though. We made a plan and working it the way we can. thats the correct way. Annoucing we are going to offer it with out a plan would be maybe considered the incorrect way to do it.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

** Did the late signee LOI's arrive?

Comment

answer my own question - looks like Stacker, Hanley and Sorenson from Yankton are in..

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                    ** Did the late signee LOI's arrive?
                    Sorry...no idea what your are referencing...

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      USD turns to students to raise its fees, or at the very least offer money that they cant cover and turn to the state to help them out again like they usually do.
                      For the 79th time, do your research, the GAF increase IS IN NO WAY funding FCOA.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                        For the 79th time, do your research, the GAF increase IS IN NO WAY funding FCOA.
                        I will take a wait and see approach about where those funds truly end up as the years go on. USD needed more money for FCOA and they raised student fees to cover other expenses. I have a hard time thinking that all the donors just said sure we can raise that extra money with out having to shuffle around their current budget to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                          I honestly don't know the answer to this, and this isn't the thread to discuss it, but that doesn't seem to be stopping anyone else.

Did USD move money that would normally go to the GAF to fund COA and then raise student fees to fund the GAF? That way they could say that student fees aren't going straight to athletes, but it's hanging on a technicality? That's something I'm curious about.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            I honestly don't know the answer to this, and this isn't the thread to discuss it, but that doesn't seem to be stopping anyone else.

Did USD move money that would normally go to the GAF to fund COA and then raise student fees to fund the GAF? That way they could say that student fees aren't going straight to athletes, but it's hanging on a technicality? That's something I'm curious about.
                            It's always a shell game to call it what soothes those who are the ones ultimately footing the bill.

If ticket revenue and/or donations don't increase dramatically for FY '16 you can call it what you want, but we'll know the answer.

Comment

I think what he was trying to say is it is the correct way for SDSU to go about implementing FCOA. They have always taken the slow and calculated approach to getting things done. The new stadium took a very long time because they went through all of the necessary steps in terms of BOR approval and finding funding before they made any big news conference or announcement of it. This is not the way NDSU or USD do it. NDSU is different because they have the financial support to do things big and bold and get away with it. USD's announcement of FCOA was followed by questions of how they would fund it, and they had some very vague answers. Just like how the hiring of Nielson and the multi year contract deal was handled, they make news over something and then deal with it afterwards. That is just not how SDSU operates.

Comment

What I don’t like is how our admin kept it a secret and offered FCOA to some players and not to others. Shouldn’t it be fair to the players to get the same amount? What happens when they are on campus this fall and some find out they received FCOA and others did not. This could hurt team chemistry. Maybe they will not care and look at it the same as lower divisions when some players get a full scholarship and others get a percentage. I guess I would be a little upset if I was not told about it and some of my peers were receiving this extra benefit. It is almost like giving a bonus check to certain employees and just not telling the others that only certain people received it.

Comment

Working...
                                X