Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

It would be nice to add either Markert, Bacon, or Pavlik still to this class. I'd like to see one more big guy in this class. Otherwise, I love it!
    From a RT it looks like Bacon plans to announce today, but Pavlik and Markert are quiet.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

From a RT it looks like Bacon plans to announce today, but Pavlik and Markert are quiet.
      Ship probably sailed, but Kyeler Burke still unsigned.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
        I don't know, I'm still in the camp that would like to add some more "beef" to the class. It seems like we have lots of the WR/CB/S type in this class. Who knows though! I was surprised by how few WR's we had on the updated roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
          Saw from a recent article he is one of the best Arizona recruits without a home.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Saw from a recent article he is one of the best Arizona recruits without a home.
            I see Burke getting a late offer from a school down in Arizona (Arizona or Arizona State) or him walking on. I believe he has a PWO offer from Arizona already.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              *original off-topic, personal attack comment deleted by filbert*
              I make one comment and get blasted. Typical of the crap I put up with because I'm a NW Iowa Jack. I have commented about each NW Iowa recruit. No I'm not totally thrilled with who they selected when I look at who we've passed up on over the past 5 years. It wasn't a great year for 2016 prospects in NW Iowa football. The next two seasons there are some really good SDSU type prospects. I'm glad we are tapping into Spirit Lake. They have several 2017 and 2018 kids. The Central Lyon kids are projects and may not ever be every down players. I said the Van Wyhe kid should be offered now for 2017. A little disappointed we didn't get after the Winterfield kid as an athlete and punter. West Lyon has a great 2018 class including another Snyder we should recruit and offer early. I think the Granstra 2018 kid from Western will be special as well. Get out of your shell and take a look at BisoNation, Bison Scout, etc.. Take a look at the Twitter presence of each one. I'm not a Bison lover, but I am a little jealous of what they have. We can do better in this area. We are lacking in the social media area. Correct me nicely if I'm wrong.
              Last edited by filbert; 02-03-2016, 02:30 PM. Reason: cleanup in aisle 8

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmom View Post
                I've been around several boys going through the recruiting process. They love going to college where there are no NFL team to support because people go to the games. While Fargo isn't every kids dream location and they have their fair share of struggles getting kids to appreciate the locale. But what I will say is a difference maker for many of the boys are the locals pull out the stops for their team and when you walk on campus the boys can't not feel it. Season tickets are sold. Tailgating is an event at NDSU. Every lawn is green and gold. Every business is decked out. Posters are everywhere. It is a local cult and they are proud. At camps there are well over 1000 kids and when you walk into a diner for breakfast during summer camp the locals will walk up to you and show you their Bison tattoos and grandma gives you a hug plugging her fav players and wanting pictures of you if you look like a football player they want locally. Locals know you are target, they stalk you. The team does a ton of volunteer work and I can't tell you how many people show up for all ofit. I've seen it first hand a few times now and it is something and recruits are impressed. Kids see themselves in lights and local celebrity isn't terrible. Actually, Montana has that same feel too locally but on a smaller scale and no NFL team.

News stories are nice but some of these teams have the local flair and viral recruiting thing down. SDSU has shown up to heavily recruit from what I am hearing from the local coaches, the facilities will be new and I think has the greatest upside in their conference. Just my opinion. They can do a ton with this and I am excited to see what SDSU can do from a marketing and local support perspective.
                All great points. We love to dog NDSU, but their have it down. They are in a city large enough where they are sold out, they are into the games, etc. Jacks fans are not the best fans, half the time it is QUIET in the stadium. Players want atmosphere. We get getting there, but we aren't anywhere near NDSU. Zim said it in his chat this week, if SDSU was in Sioux Falls, we would be FBS and would be getting a lot of great talent. We are in Brookings, we have great facilities now. Winning is what is going to get everything to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                  In standard Bulldog fashion, another claim that SDSU is failing. The bottom line is today was an opportunity for Bulldog to tell us about how great the NW Iowa players are that we signed today and how we should be excited as the number is significant compared to years past. Instead, we get the old NDSU this and that. It is a tired act, a one note song that is stuck... What is stopping you from posting something positive about these NW Iowa players? If you are truly believe SDSU has missed a bunch of great players in NW Iowa, tell us about these new players and why the fans should be excited.

Also, our football team is a consistent top tier FCS team and the Summit League SDSU sports have won three straight commissioner's cup awards. Things are not falling apart, even if we have missed a player or two from NW Iowa.
                  Curious, how "disappointing (SDSU) isn't doing more" somehow becomes "failing."

Discuss posts, not posters.

This constitutes a warning.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Last edited by filbert; Today at 08:30 PM. Reason: cleanup in aisle 8.

BTW, I am dead serious, we need to keep an eye on NW Iowa. It looks to have some good recruits as noted by my good friend Bulldog.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 02-03-2016, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Zim article.
                      http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...lass/79766010/

Quote that stood out.
                      "Late in the recruiting process the program was approved to offer cost of attendance money to some recruits. Stiegelmeier suggested that was done so on a largely case-by-case basis, but it sounds as though they’ll be offering full cost of attendance (as NDSU and USD do) sooner than later."
                      Hold it, Matt wrote an article? Here I thought he wasn't doing his job

As for the quote, no discussion about it? Weren't some of our fans ranting on about us not offering FCOA yet? Wasn't the world ending? Were we not falling off the cliff as the Bison and Coyotes took all our recruits? Sounds as if FB will begin as a case by case in 2016 with full FCOA in 2017.

On to the thread, this looks like a nice class. Love the two big QBs.

Comment

I don't know, I'm still in the camp that would like to add some more "beef" to the class. It seems like we have lots of the WR/CB/S type in this class. Who knows though! I was surprised by how few WR's we had on the updated roster.
                        Bacon is headed to Drake https://twitter.com/Bacon1157/status/694985685837549568

Comment

It's interesting that SDSU seems to be more low-key on FCOA announcements than some other area schools. Still in the preliminary stages or will it simply be handled without a lot of fanfare?
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It's interesting that SDSU seems to be more low-key on FCOA announcements than some other area schools. Still in the preliminary stages or will it simply be handled without a lot of fanfare?
                            Doesn't that seem more like the kind of administration and coaching staffs we have at SDSU. Not pounding their chest and say look at us!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Doesn't that seem more like the kind of administration and coaching staffs we have at SDSU. Not pounding their chest and say look at us!
                              It does... and to be honest, I'm quite fine with that. Better to be low-key and let our teams' performances speak for themselves.
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

NDSU is NDSU. Everything they do is going to be big news. USD and UND are always shouting from the rooftop trying to get attention. We simply take our time, do things quietly and correctly and it all works out in the end. I LOVE our administration and coaching staff(s) in all our major sports. I really don't know if any of us realize how lucky we are to have Stig, Nagy, AJ and Sell. We likely won't until one retires or leaves.

Comment

Working...
                                X