• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    He committed to USD.

http://ow.ly/XP88L
    Hard to lose him, especially to USD, but can't argue with his reasoning. If he wants to go to business school, I can't fault him. It would be the same with our engineering and pharmacy guys.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Hard to lose him, especially to USD, but can't argue with his reasoning. If he wants to go to business school, I can't fault him. It would be the same with our engineering and pharmacy guys.
      Agree. Glad to hear kids consider the academic piece.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        It's crazy isn't it? I read this thread from time to time but with football especially soooooo many recruits never pan out it's not really worth my time to get too invested.
        I'm with Montana...I marvel at how some can keep track of the recruiting process.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          It's super commendable what he did, Mr. Matthews appears to making what they call a 40-year decision and not a 5-year one. Can't fault a recruit for that.

Comment

No doubt, you can't blame a kid for making that decision. I can't imagine how hard that has to be to call and let the coaches you had "committed" to know that you are changing your mind and going to their little brother. While I respect his decision, I now have to hate him.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Wonder how long till someone blames fcoa for him switching.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

One thing this does is bring into question the recruiting process. This isn't an attack on USD, but at what point should coaches quit recruiting a kid that has committed. The fact that he committed to SDSU was public knowledge yet USD still pursued him. Seems a little unethical to me although in this case it appears this is the best place for him to get his education so maybe this is an exception.

But for the sake of arguments let's say he had committed to USD and the SDSU coaches continued to pursue him. Saying hey we know you want to pursue business and we have a business degree. Yet USD has the business school and is the place to go in the state. Would that be ethical? I don't really think it would be.

A parallel can be drawn with the preferred walk-on offers by the P5 schools. Is that really in the athletes best interest? In all likelihood he is not going to get a scholarship and will be stuck with a lot of $'s in student loan debt.

I believe the coaches at SDSU and USD genuinely want the best for their recruits but at the end of the day there are many coaches that just want a kid so they can win games. Are they really looking out for the kids' best interest or are they just being a salesman so they can win?

Comment

I say our Admin add a Business school and ask the BOR for permission after the fact (sarcasm alert).

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Wonder how long till someone blames fcoa for him switching.
                    Nah, he switched because Bob and him saw eye to eye on a lot of things. Particularly on how it's okay to go back out on your word after telling a team you'll be with them for the upcoming season.

He shouldn't have too much trouble passing USD's Business Ethics class either, as long as he studies hard for the "offering illegal contracts" portion of the course.

I'm only kidding (mostly).
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

He is free to change his mind. Issue is less than 48 hours out to decommit leaves SDSU little time to find another quality linebacker.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        https://twitter.com/jacob__matthew/s...35940009566208

Jacob Matthew decommits. A big ol' "F"
                        In exchange for a draft pick to be named later. Need to replace with another 3-star or above.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Nah, he switched because Bob and him saw eye to eye on a lot of things. Particularly on how it's okay to go back out on your word after telling a team you'll be with them for the upcoming season.

He shouldn't have too much trouble passing USD's Business Ethics class either, as long as he studies hard for the "offering illegal contracts" portion of the course.

I'm only kidding (mostly).
                          Just curious, would your women's basketball coach know anything about backing out of a commitment?

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                            Just curious, would your women's basketball coach know anything about backing out of a commitment?
                            Hahaha. An intelligent and funny response! I don't usually do this, but I must give rep to a 'Yote.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                              Not a smack thread.

One more and you're gone.

Warning also applies to Kemo.

Moody filbert is going into the irritable phase, people. Please don't push it.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU needs a business school for this very reason. We lose alot of recruits because of this reason although you typically don't hear about it like this. It happens more than you want to know. Ask any of the coaches of our mens sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X