2016 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

We need an OT or two to round out this class position wise. Just my initial impression from looking at roster and commits so far.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      We need an OT or two to round out this class position wise. Just my initial impression from looking at roster and commits so far.
      Agree two OLs & one/two DT/DEs.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Agree two OLs & one/two DT/DEs.
        OT and DE's are the hardest to recruit/find. I just wish we would recruit the 6'5" 210-220 lb guys that we could put some weight on them. We need more athletes at DE and OT.

Comment

Killelea would be a great get. At 6'6" he plays with leverage not often seen with a OL that tall. Nasty blocker that blocks down the line like a bulldozer. It seems when he crashes down he takes 2-3 guys out of the play. Plus he's a natural RT when so many need to be converted from LT. Let's hope there's a little Dan Jackson magic that extends south to KS.

Comment

Championship teams have a strong foundation built on both sides of the line of scrimmage. No doubt we need more depth in this recruiting class on each side of the line. KC 1st team All-Metro tackle, Killilea is at the top of my wish list to add to this class. Kayode Awosika is the highest rated lineman still on our list. Throw in a side of Jacob Bacon and there are some blue chip pieces still available to build from.

However, our first OL verbal is someone I'm thrilled with. Jack Domandle is arguably the best offensive lineman in Nebraska this year. Wesley Genant is a nice project from Parkston, and we've produced all-MVFC linemen before from projects like this.

Comment

Branden Hohenstein from Sioux City Heelan has been on a visit.
              http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3064465/branden-hohenstein

Bulldog, any information. PWO?

Comment

Now we need to add some beef to both side of the lines. Shaping up to be a class with huge potential!

Comment

From looking at bisonville, it seems they got a top target and an offer to Tolu may have been contingent on that kid. Obviously I don't know if there is truth to that, but the timing makes some sense
                  Yes Jabril Cox was #1 on the board, he verballed Tuesday and hence Tolu cancelling his visit. Definitely wanted him if Jabril went elsewhere and should be good for SDSU
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                    Yes Jabril Cox was #1 on the board, he verballed Tuesday and hence Tolu cancelling his visit. Definitely wanted him if Jabril went elsewhere and should be good for SDSU
                    I take it you guys wanted Tolu as linebacker?

Has there been confirmation that Tolu is coming to SDSU as a running back? My first thought when seeing his HUDL highlights was LB/DE. DE in particular since that is a real need still in this class.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Shawn Poindexter, 6'6" 210 Juco WR out of Glendale CC (AZ), is on an official visit to Brookings this weekend according to his twitter account.

http://www.scout.com/player/173074-shawn-poindexter

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4224042/shawn-poindexter
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        Shawn Poindexter, 6'6" 210 Juco WR out of Glendale CC (AZ), is on an official visit to Brookings this weekend according to his twitter account.

http://www.scout.com/player/173074-shawn-poindexter

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4224042/shawn-poindexter
                        I'm so perplexed/confused why we are going after so many receivers. I've heard people within the program raving about Lewis, Anderson, and Wilde. In addition we have already signed a few studs to this years class at the position.

I trust the coaches but I wonder what I am missing! Haha
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          I'm so perplexed/confused why we are going after so many receivers. I've heard people within the program raving about Lewis, Anderson, and Wilde. In addition we have already signed a few studs to this years class at the position.

I trust the coaches but I wonder what I am missing! Haha
                          I was wondering the same thing, unless he can convert to DE and add 35#'s or OT and add 75#'s not sure he's a needed commodity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                            I was wondering the same thing, unless he can convert to DE and add 35#'s or OT and add 75#'s not sure he's a needed commodity.
                            Nice to have another big possession type of WR so we don't have to run Wieneke into the ground. Also, if he could add a few lbs, he could maybe fill a Cam Jones type of role.

Comment

OG - Luke Rudolph, 6'3" 250, Scottsdale, AZ (Horizon) committed to Northern Arizona according to @jason247scout
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Has Alex Cloyd definitely verbally committed. Seems to be some question on SS as has not changed UND commitment on Twitter account.

Comment

Working...
                                X