2016 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Another big one joining the rabbit den! 712! #IowaJacks! Great young man from a great program!

tweet from Clint Brown

Comment

Looks like Dante Brooks believes his best chance to get what he wants is the JUCO route. He will be attending Butler CC in Kansas.

I would like to announce that I will continue my football career attending butler CC just wait on it #buco

LB/Athlete - Dante Brooks, 6'3" 210, Topeka, KS - Butler CCOffers: Missouri State, USD, Western Illinois, SE Missouri State

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        Another big one joining the rabbit den! 712! #IowaJacks! Great young man from a great program!

tweet from Clint Brown
        Maybe one of the Spirit Lake crew?

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post

tweet from Clint Brown
          Nice, although it'd be nice to know what he means by "big". Does he insinuate size or just a great recruit. All this guessing, we'll know soon I'm sure, February is still too far away.

If it's one of the current offers we have on the board it's either LB Backhaus or safety Clayberg

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            If it's one of the current offers we have on the board it's either LB Backhaus or safety Clayberg
            With #712, it'd have to be Backhaus (Spirit Lake, IA). Clayberg is in a different area code (641).

Comment

Logan Backhaus ‏@Logan_Backhaus I am excited to announce that I will continue my football career at The University of South Dakota State! Go Jacks!

Logan Backhaus it is.

Comment

Love the LB's we have committed, size and speed. Preston has decent height at 6' and the ability to add 25-30#'s of muscle and not lose his speed. Matthew, as long as he stays at Mic has the speed, height and weight already to be an impact player. Backhaus gains 25-30#'s very strong, like that he's a long strider, covers ground very well. I think we've had/have good LB's but often are undersized both weight and height. Nice to see some 6'2"+, 220#+ guys in the fold both current and incoming.

Comment

Say what, Sioux fans?

Nebraska recruiting analyst Mike Schaefer says: South Dakota State recruiting is red hot right now.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Themes for this year's class: "Nebraska" & "HS QBs"

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Themes for this year's class: "Nebraska" & "HS QBs"
                      Keep tapping into Spirit Lake Jacks! Backhaus is a great sign. I know Iowa was wanting a PWO out of him. Great size, instincts, and leader at the hs level. He'll put on some great weight and be a stud at 6'4" 230! Maybe Mr. Dykstra will be heading north next year as well.

Comment

Now if we can get some beef we will have a great class
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                          Now if we can get some beef we will have a great class
                          I'll echo that sentiment but I'll add that if we don't add beef I still see this as one of the better classes. It seems we may have a few ready to contribute immediately, especially with the losses by graduation and defection. Time will tell though.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                            Keep tapping into Spirit Lake Jacks! Backhaus is a great sign. I know Iowa was wanting a PWO out of him. Great size, instincts, and leader at the hs level. He'll put on some great weight and be a stud at 6'4" 230!
                            He reminds me of Derick Domino. Looks like a stud!
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Bulldog do you see the Spirit Lake kid as a pure LB or a future DE? which is where they seem to trend towards, especially with a 6'4 frame.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                He reminds me of Derick Domino. Looks like a stud!
                                That's who! I was trying to think of that name earlier.

I know the staff has a propensity to take these 6'3"-6'4" LB's and convert them to DE even more if they played some in HS. It seems we end up with quite a few tweener LB's(5'11"-6'0", 190#-210#). Not really safeties but small by LB standards. The Backhaus kid showed some great cover skills and breaks on the ball quickly. The height and long arms will help in zone coverage and covering TE's. Again just my opinion but knowing we have a couple guys 6'2" or more hitting that 225# range gives me hope. As tough as they've been sometimes the bigger guys get the best of them. Whether it's pass coverage or a pulling guard.

Either way, we're getting some great athletes in this program.

Comment

Working...
                                X