2016 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Looks like we just offered Tom Laverde, a 6'5" 285 lbs OL out of Portland, OR according to his twitter account.

Interesting thing is his profile says he has committed to Portland State, but maybe he's considering other schools if he's announcing new offers on twitter.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3063182/...s/307670399/v2
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Sonny Onken, DE verbals Northern Iowa. Had offer from the Jacks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...y-Onken-179661

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Sonny Onken, DE verbals Northern Iowa. Had offer from the Jacks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...y-Onken-179661
        kind of figured that was coming.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Is it just me or have we lost a lot of guys to UNI this year? At least more than we have previously.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
            Is it just me or have we lost a lot of guys to UNI this year? At least more than we have previously.
            Don't tell me its the bright lights of Waterloo that is drawing, them or could it be Cedar Falls? I think Gopherhole and UWM could better answer your question, but its noticeable this year.

Comment

I see Onken is from Norwalk, Iowa which is a suburb of Des Monies. So it looks like someone wants to stay home.

Comment

Chris Cottrell ‏@OffAirOnPoint Scottsbluff Sr. OL Austin Clarkson has committed to play football at D-2 national power Northwest Missouri State. @KNEBSports

Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

@BlairRIVALS The Iowa Hawkeyes extended a grayshirt offer to Pella native Noah Clayberg today ($) rvls.co/Clayberg

Can't see him turning that down.

Comment

@BlairRIVALS The Iowa Hawkeyes extended a grayshirt offer to Pella native Noah Clayberg today ($) rvls.co/Clayberg

Can't see him turning that down.

A grayshirt is a scholarship offer, but effectively pushes him into the 2017 class? So he would not start this fall, do I understand that correctly?
                    Last edited by JackFan16; 01-19-2016, 10:16 AM. Reason: mis print

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan16 View Post
                      A grayshirt effectively pushes him into the 2017 class, and would not start this fall?
                      Doesn't this mean he essentially starts as a walk-on and is guaranteed a scholarship at a later date ?

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan16 View Post
                        A grayshirt effectively pushes him into the 2017 class, and would not start this fall?
                        Yes. He signs his LOI this February. He wouldn't enroll at Iowa until the spring. Iowa does not have a scholarship for him right now but they will in the future. Matt Vandeberg from Brandon Valley was in the same boat w/ Iowa. But I believe a scholarship did open up and he did start in the fall.

Comment

Yes. He signs his LOI this February. He wouldn't enroll at Iowa until the spring. Iowa does not have a scholarship for him right now but they will in the future. Matt Vandeberg from Brandon Valley was in the same boat w/ Iowa. But I believe a scholarship did open up and he did start in the fall.
                          Here is a good article explaining the greyshirt process. UWMandSDSU explains it right - this just goes into more detail.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=10430908

Comment

Dante Cleveland ‏@TaeDon3 #blessed to receive my 13th offer from South Dakota State University

Dante Cleveland, DE out of Illinois w/ an offer.
                            https://rivals.yahoo.com/nj/football...eveland-175241

Comment

DE - Sam White, 6'3" 230, Orlando, FL (Boone) - HUDL
                              Offers: Youngstown

We had an offer to this guy. Rivals shows he committed to ODU.

LB - Walter Pritchett II**, 6'1" 215, Phenix City, AL (Central) - HUDL, 24/7
                              Offers: Air Force, Army, Navy, Appalachian State, Furman, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Jacksonville State, Mercer, South Alabama, Troy

This guy committed to Troy, per Rivals.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Doesn't this mean he essentially starts as a walk-on and is guaranteed a scholarship at a later date ?
                                Jay McKinstrey is Noah's coach. He has very high praise for him. I know Jay very well from his days in NW Iowa. His testing numbers are unreal. Noah has a tough decision to make. He has 3 ex hs teammates already at Iowa. Gray shirts are not as appealing as many people think. As a PWO he can come in and workout in early June and even enroll in classes. Many times, like Vande Berg's situation, a scholarship opens up and they are able to join the team in August. NDSU is very much in the picture as well. They are coming in to visit him as well. His film reminds me very much of Snyder's film. His qualities of being very smart, instinctive, tough, and demonstrates great leadership. He would be on the fast track to play at SDSU. He is physically ready to compete.

Comment

Working...
                                X