2016 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

I'm cleaning up the recruitment list and found that Jordan Birch had committed to Illinois State back in October. Rivals still has him as uncommitted. If you find other information on recruits, please keep me up to date! (Special thanks to UMWandSDSU as he has found many updates all year long.)

I'm also putting Alex Cloyd back into UND's commitment status. His twitter handle still lists him as committed to UND.

Defensive tackle, Marcel Minniefield committed to UNI last week.
    Last edited by GopherHole; 01-12-2016, 11:39 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Xavior Williams from West Burlington, IA committed to UNI on Sunday.

RB, Tolu Ogunrinde from Park of Cottage Grove, MN also committed to UNI last Thursday.
      Last edited by GopherHole; 01-12-2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

We offered Trey Page from state champion Bishop Moore Catholic last month. He is taking his first two official visits to Brown & Princeton this weekend. We are starting to see a flurry of activity with commitments recently to a variety of schools. With a limited number of scholarships available at each school, players have to snatch them up while the offer is still good.

RB - Trey Page, 6'1" 199, Orlando, FL (Bishop Moore) - HUDL , 24/7
        Offers: Columbia (previous commit), Cornell, Mississippi Valley State

Comment

If you don't believe that COA is a huge factor with potential recruits, read the following two tweets from Sonny Onken. These are back-to-back tweets that he posted.

Sonny Onken@Sondog 15 Dec 2015

"Happy to announce I have received a full ride offer from Illinois state!"

"Even more excited about my four year full ride plus cost of living I was offered from the University of Northern Iowa last night!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            If you don't believe that COA is a huge factor with potential recruits, read the following two tweets from Sonny Onken. These are back-to-back tweets that he posted.

Sonny Onken@Sondog 15 Dec 2015

"Happy to announce I have received a full ride offer from Illinois state!"

"Even more excited about my four year full ride plus cost of living I was offered from the University of Northern Iowa last night!!"
            I saw that tweet as well. But when did UNI announce they were offering full COA for football? Last I heard they were not offering it for their football team. Did I miss it?
            http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ding/30308439/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              I saw that tweet as well. But when did UNI announce they were offering full COA for football? Last I heard they were not offering it for their football team. Did I miss it?
              http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ding/30308439/
              You didn't miss it. UNI has not announced they're offering COA in football.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                Part of the reason I don't think SDSU fans should get all wrapped up in COA announcements. It doesn't have to be public for the university to offer it to some priority recruits. I think this will be a hot button tittle 9 issue all a cross college campuses in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                  Part of the reason I don't think SDSU fans should get all wrapped up in COA announcements. It doesn't have to be public for the university to offer it to some priority recruits. I think this will be a hot button tittle 9 issue all a cross college campuses in the near future.
                  I agree. I know Jacks basketball coaches were offering it long before NDSU's splashy announcement. I'm guessing football programs like UNI and SDSU have a certain dollar amount to offer priority recruits, like you said. I think the Title 9 issues are already well known regarding FCOA.

Comment

I heard President Chicoine speak recently and got the impression that basketball coaches had been offering COAs and that football COAs will be offered as needed. In fact, SDSU's COA limit is higher than USD's or NDSU's. The max is $6,000 or so. I'm also of the impression (maybe incorrectly) that a COA is paid over and above a "full scholarship." Partial scholarships are allowed in football, so what's a full one?
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      I would bet that UNI would rather the recruit didn't broadcast it.

Comment

Price Morgan on your offer list committed to Air Force yesterday.
                        Fighting Sioux

Comment

Noah Clayberg has received lots of press in Des Moines area, recently awarded Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan16 View Post
                            Noah Clayberg has received lots of press in Des Moines area, recently awarded Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year.
                            Good article talking about where he may be headed.
                            http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...207d2b8b2fa8cd

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Good article talking about where he may be headed.
                              http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...207d2b8b2fa8cd
                              I have a feeling he will get a late scholarship offer from Iowa. There will be a current Iowa commit that will either decommit, will take another offer at another school, or will not be eligible. He would be a great get for SDSU!!

Comment

Jason Jewell ‏@jason247scout
                                Steal!!! Augustana just got a commitment from Phoenix (Az.) Shadow Mountain WR Jake Welsheimer @JakeWelsheimer1

WR Jake Welsheimer out of AZ, verbals to Augustana. Assuming the offer from the Jacks was for a PWO.

Comment

Working...
                                X