Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    True but let's disregard playing athletics for them. These are there minimum requirements. At freshman oriention they tell those kids something like 1 out of 3 of them will stay and graduate. The others will more than likely finish their education elsewhere. Throw athletic commitments on top of that and it is difficult to maintain the standards. Plus don't kid yourself just because the requirements are where they're at does not mean you'll be accepted.

All of of this is moot though, point is he's coming here for a 2nd chance and compete for the Jacks. We'll see how spring ball turns out for him.
    I have a hard time believing a student wouldn't be accepted at the lowered/review/consideration standards if they receive a scholarship offer. For trombone players, there is no guarantee they will be accepted at the lower standards.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      The reason Zimmer was lurking on this message board last night was so he could determine who has verbally committed for his story since he does no research on the subject on his own. LOL!
      Haha I was thinking the exact same thing
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Tough crowd. In Matt Zimmer's defense, he put together a good update on recruiting and the transfer from Montana. He deserves positive reinforcement for that.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...list/78356784/
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Tough crowd. In Matt Zimmer's defense, he put together a good update on recruiting and the transfer from Montana. He deserves positive reinforcement for that.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...list/78356784/
          The recruiting piece was not original material so why positive reinforcement for that. If he actually cared about recruiting and with his resources many of those verbals should be reported by him as they were with Terry and many other beat writers.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            Not really. This is unrelated to the student athlete in question or recruits, sorry for the thread drift:

Admission to SDSMT or any school doesn't really mean that much for athletes. I would guess most of SDSU's football team would have been accepted there (I could be wrong on that, but DI has tougher requirements).

http://www.sdsmt.edu/Admissions/Appl...-Requirements/

Admission Consideration
            The School of Mines will carefully review and consider for acceptance applicants who meet the general education requirements and the following criteria.

Obtain an ACT composite score of at least 20 (or SAT composite score of 940)*
            AND obtain an ACT math subscore of at least 20 (or SAT math subscore of 480)*
            AND achieve a high school GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale*
            *Applications from students with deficiencies are reviewed on an individual basis.

If the football coach wants a kid there, I would bet that is a big part of the review/consideration process. While these standards are slightly higher than SDSU's (18 ACT, 2.6 GPA) you don't have to be that smart to get into SDSMT as an athlete.
            If I had to sit for an ACT exam,16 or 17 would probably be my score. So I am easily impressed. I don't question any of your points.

Comment

Tweet from Clint Brown:
              "Big commit from Iowa tonight! Fired up this young man will be part of the family! #iowajacks

Comment

Tweet from Dan Jackson:

"Fun day on the road with @ClintBrown45 . One of the best steaks I've had at one home visit and a possible new NebraskaJACK coming soon...???"

Comment

According to @GobieNFN, Park High (MN) athlete Tolu Ogunrinde (6'2" 230 lbs) will be choosing between SDSU, USD, and UNI this Friday around 10am.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2289082/...s/301055385/v2
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    According to @GobieNFN, Park High (MN) athlete Tolu Ogunrinde (6'2" 230 lbs) will be choosing between SDSU, USD, and UNI this Friday around 10am.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2289082/...s/301055385/v2
                    My educated guess it will be USD.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      My educated guess it will be USD.
                      why do you say that? Have you seen some indication somewhere?

On another note, any idea on the Iowa commit?
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Nothing yet on the Iowa player.... Expect this next month to be active on the boards. Always enjoy getting the prospect who we don't see coming.... (Cole Brodie)...

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Purely a educated guess.
                          No idea on the Iowa commit.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Tweet from Clint Brown:
                            "Big commit from Iowa tonight! Fired up this young man will be part of the family! #iowajacks
                            Anyone know who they picked up in Iowa or Nebraska?
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                              Anyone know who they picked up in Iowa or Nebraska?
                              I haven't been able to dig anything up. Will keep searching. I believe the Nebraska one will be easy to find once they verbal (if they do in fact verbal).

Comment

Pete Menage from Rock Rapids, IA is the latest commit. He played quarterback but I'm guessing he is coming in as an athlete. And guess who found him first...Matt Zimmer
                                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                                X