2016 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Kyle Sanft, O-Lineman verbals to Western Illinois. Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

Shaun Beyer, TE out of Iowa verbals to NDSU. Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

According to Wesley Genant's twitter profile, he is committed to the Jacks. Offensive lineman from Parkston, SD. I can't find anything else confirming this online. Jesse Currier, Dan Jackson, and John Flynn-(offensive line coach) all follow him on twitter though...

-Playing life like a champion - committed to play football for SDSU
        https://twitter.com/wesgenant
        http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2330259/highlights
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
          According to Wesley Genant's twitter profile, he is committed to the Jacks. Offensive lineman from Parkston, SD. I can't find anything else confirming this online. Jesse Currier, Dan Jackson, and John Flynn-(offensive line coach) all follow him on twitter though...

-Playing life like a champion - committed to play football for SDSU
          https://twitter.com/wesgenant
          http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2330259/highlights
          I can't confirm, but I've talked to some people who said they had been talking to him, they believe if he's committed its as a walk-on. I student taught the kid when he was an 8th grader. Kid is smart, and has gotten much bigger, Parkston O-line coaches helped a bunch as well.

If I hear more I will update

Comment

He did have local scholarship offers from USD, Augie and USF. He is 6-4 265-270 and an very athletic kid for his size. I believe he is a scholarship kid when talking with his father. I went to school with his uncle, and this is a great family. He will be hard working and I think a great addition for us.

Comment

I believe we now know the 10 verbal commits that Dan Jackson has alluded to on twitter. During Midco's latest "Benchwarmers" on 8/5/15, Jackson reinforced that we have 10 verbal commits to date. Here is a list of what I believe are the 10 scholarship commits:

-Alec Cromer
              -Kanin Nelson
              -Jarek Berg
              -Blair Mulholland
              -Wesley Genant
              -Jack Domandle
              -Josh Manchigiah
              -Jacob Brown
              -Darshon McCullough
              -Elijah Wilson
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Nice work, Jacked4.
                This space for lease.

Comment

I was hoping we would get this relatively local safety, but when he received his offer from Minnesota, he took it.

Safety - Drew Hmielewski, 6'3" 190, Marshall, MN - HUDLOffers: NDSU, USD

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    I was hoping we would get this relatively local safety, but when he received his offer from Minnesota, he took it.

A good size kid for a safety. Seems like they are often smaller and have quickness. There is always a chance for a transfer.

Comment

Updating our list today, and I'm not sure why we missed this offer. According to 24/7, we offered him back in early May.

OT - Kayode Awosika***, 6'5" 255, Plymouth, MN (Maple Grove) - HUDL, 24/7Offers: Iowa State, Wyoming, NDSU, Illinois State, UNI, Montana, Montana StatePretty stiff competition for his services, but he looks to be a very talented lineman. He is a preseason first team All-Metro selection by KARE 11.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

I believe he's recruited to play WR. He's playing baseball at Minnesota too. Apparently he could be a high round pick next year.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          I believe he's recruited to play WR. He's playing baseball at Minnesota too. Apparently he could be a high round pick next year.
                          Wow he has options

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            His dad got up to the AA level in pro baseball , so being able to play both in college was important. Saw him play basketball last winter and he's pretty darn good there also. Word is he would have gotten a lot more big time football offers if he would have concentrated on football only.

Comment

Since I follow UND recruiting closely, just thought I'd give you a few updates to your offer list. Jacob Bacon, Rashon Davis and Price Morgan have offers from UND as well as any others you have listed. Bennett Helgren has committed to UND (Jacks offer). And finally I believe Isaiah Weston (Jacks offer) committed to UNI recently.

That is all
                              Fighting Sioux

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post
                                Since I follow UND recruiting closely, just thought I'd give you a few updates to your offer list. Jacob Bacon, Rashon Davis and Price Morgan have offers from UND as well as any others you have listed. Bennett Helgren has committed to UND (Jacks offer). And finally I believe Isaiah Weston (Jacks offer) committed to UNI recently.

That is all
                                Thanks for the updates!

I've updated those players. I had seen Helgren's commitment to UND, but just never go around to updating it. On paper, he looks like a good get for the Fighting ?????

FYI - While I try to keep up to date when someone makes a commitment, I don't often go back and add universities that have added offers after my initial post. It takes too much time for me to keep those offers up to date.

Comment

Working...
                                X