X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    USA Today is a Gannet company.
    Oh my bad. I didn't realize that. Wasn't the Argus operated by a different company before?

Comment

Gannett split, and one is solely newspaper business and the other is the rest of the businesses that they owned (primarily media production I believe).

As for Zimmer, Zimmer does good work, however he was added the SDSU job, to his current workload, and in being a reporter its about sources, and contacts, ect. So I'm guessing what has happened with Zimmer is he doesn't have all the SDSU contacts yet, so he is still better at his other beats.

And yeah, Terry was very damn good at what he did

Comment

Gavin Johnson, 6'3" 228 lbs DE/OLB out of Apopka, FL has received an offer from the Jacks.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2449815/gavin-johnson
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
          Oh my bad. I didn't realize that. Wasn't the Argus operated by a different company before?
          The Argus once had local ownership at least through 1965. I don't know what happened but I think Al Neuharth of Gannett probably made an offer that they could not refuse. The ownership at the Argus did not like SDSU too much back then. Those people up in Brookings were often too big for their britches.

Comment

Looks like there's a new commit

Dan Jackson ‏@Dan_Jackson5 · 1m1 minute ago  Winchester, NV
            What a way to start the morning! A SoDakJACK has decided to make it official. ����!

https://twitter.com/Dan_Jackson5/sta...87058172481537

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              Looks like there's a new commit

Dan Jackson ‏@Dan_Jackson5 · 1m1 minute ago  Winchester, NV
              What a way to start the morning! A SoDakJACK has decided to make it official. ����!

https://twitter.com/Dan_Jackson5/sta...87058172481537
              @Kanin3091 3m3 minutes ago
              Extremely blessed and proud to say that I have committed to SDSU to further my education and football career!�������� pic.twitter.com/fU9vN8f2gJ

Kanin Nelson, QB from Mitchell. Possibly recruiting him as an Athlete/WR??

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Extremely blessed and proud to say that I have committed to SDSU to further my education and football career!�������� pic.twitter.com/fU9vN8f2gJ

Just about to post that. Always good to keep local kids in state.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Extremely blessed and proud to say that I have committed to SDSU to further my education and football career!💙💛🐰🏈 pic.twitter.com/fU9vN8f2gJ

In his twitter bio it says South Dakota State quarterback commit. Why would we sign two quarterbacks from the same class?
                  "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                    In his twitter bio it says South Dakota State quarterback commit. Why would we sign two quarterbacks from the same class?
                    Quarterbacks are usually the best athletes on the team. Especially in small high schools. Not uncommon to sign a few QBs in a class and most won't ever practice as a QB.

Thats not saying they aren't recruiting two QBs. It's not like State has a ton of great options at QB this year.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Boe Wilson, OL from Missouri, verbals to Nebraska. Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        The Argus once had local ownership at least through 1965. I don't know what happened but I think Al Neuharth of Gannett probably made an offer that they could not refuse. The ownership at the Argus did not like SDSU too much back then. Those people up in Brookings were often too big for their britches.
                        Speidel owned the paper from 1963 to 1977 and Gannett has owned it since. Gannett this month split its digital and TV stations from its newspapers to form a new company, TEGNA. The newspapers remain with Gannett. Long-time Argus Sports Editor John Egan was pretty even keeled and gave State a fair shake in local coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Speidel owned the paper from 1963 to 1977 and Gannett has owned it since. Gannett this month split its digital and TV stations from its newspapers to form a new company, TEGNA. The newspapers remain with Gannett. Long-time Argus Sports Editor John Egan was pretty even keeled and gave State a fair shake in local coverage.
                          Thanks

Comment

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...h-dakota-state

Mitchell Republic article on Nelson signing

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                              http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...h-dakota-state

Mitchell Republic article on Nelson signing
                              Thanks for the link.

Comment

Kanin Nelson is a very good addition for the Jacks. It's nice to be talking about actual recruits again!
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X