2015 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

I recognize the Helsper name and no doubt the son of a Brookings Attorney. The attorney is an SDSU grad and got his law degree at SMU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      I did a quick search and really couldn't find a ton on Helsper and basically nothing on his recruiting. I did watch his HUDL video and can see why he would be getting interest from the Jacks and Bison, as he really closes on ball carriers in a hurry.

The lack of information though can be a good lesson for some of us. Just because you haven't heard about SDSU recruiting/offering a player doesn't mean we haven't.

Coaches can't talk publicly about specific players they are recruiting until they sign their letter of intent, so the information has to come from the recruit himself. Some are less public about it than others.
      This post is spot on. If Bison and Jackrabbit fans are going to base their recruiting info off of just what Rivals or Scout or 247 post you will only get about a quarter of the actual recruits. That is whyi took ndsu recruiting info into my own hands. I have never cared who they are recruiting, I just want the info that the fans want. If crappy MAC schools get rivals pages then no reason schools like NDSU and SDSU cant get same coverage.

Helsper is a SDSU target and will get a few FCS offers IMO. I will get more info and get back to you guys

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I see by your site, that the Bison have talked to three Brookings players, Bird, Daniel, and Helpser. It appears the Brookings Bobcats are going to have a good season. That is if three of those players are of interest of the NDSU Bison which is unusual. Instead of running off to Arizona or Florida, Coach Stig and staff needs to stay home and shore up the local talent. Disclosure, this is not intended as endorsement of Bulldog or any of his comments. Not saying Bulldog does not have a right to express his opinion, he does.
        Remember interest is very vague term in the recruiting game. Could mean a generic email or a recent phone call from coach.

Comment

Helsper tells me he is hearing from NDSU and almost every NSIC schools the most. SDSU is in the mix also but interest is not as strong from them

Comment

Originally posted by samsrams View Post
            Remember interest is very vague term in the recruiting game. Could mean a generic email or a recent phone call from coach.
            Seldom has there been that much talent at Brookings High School is what I am driving at, I find it interesting that NDSU has three on their radar screen. I can see three from Aberdeen or Watertown, but not Brookings and I graduated from their years ago. NDSU always has great choices for recruiting and for them to even email a potential recruit in Brookings is a big deal. Agreed, that does not say much, but its interesting. I am sure they are looking for another Chad Stark to come up the road to Fargo.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 05-31-2014, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Jacks offer Anthony Nelson, 6'7" DE out of Waukee, IA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/iowa/footbal...-Nelson-158371

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2641620/...ghts/111518384
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

That school has 3 legitimate DI guys.

Comment

Originally posted by samsrams View Post
                  That school has 3 legitimate DI guys.
                  Waukee, IA always seems to have talent year in and year out. Never been there, but the name has become familiar to me because I've seen enough recruits with the town's name beside theirs.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Reported offer SDSU Wesley OgsburyDenver East High Varsity Football, Denver, CO

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2708814/...378?autoplay=1

https://twitter.com/J_Smoov8/status/472888408310693888

Comment

Looks like a one day advanced prospect camp June 30. If there is a belief a prospect is being overlooked I would probably suggest the camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        Waukee, IA always seems to have talent year in and year out. Never been there, but the name has become familiar to me because I've seen enough recruits with the town's name beside theirs.
                        The Des Moines Metro and Central Iowa in general play some pretty good football. Waukee is the far western suburb of Des Moines, the town itself is probably about the size of Mitchell (for now, that side of town is growing like crazy).

Comment

DE Bryan Carlton, Minnetonka, MN with an offer.
                          http://247sports.com/Player/Bryan-Carlton-41494
                          http://www.hudl.com/athlete/592178/bryan-carlton

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Bump. Don't see him on the list yet.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Bump. Don't see him on the list yet.
                              Thanks for keeping me on my toes! I've been asleep at the wheel, so I appreciate the friendly reminder.

Comment

Last year Trey Carr from Omaha committed in early July. He was our first committ and helped recruit others both directly and because he was a relatively high rated recruit. I wonder if we will have another recruit lead like this with the 2015 class, and if so, who on this list could be that recruit?

We are way ahead of last year in the number of offers, but I'm anxiously waiting for the first verbal.

Comment

Working...
                                X