Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    I'm not sure who is recruiting NW Iowa, but Dan Jackson has been active in Nebraska. Jackson has roots here as he played at Omaha Burke and finished his collegiate career at UNO. I had a brief visit with Tanner Borchardt from Gothenburg, NE a couple of weeks ago. He confirmed that he had met with Jackson earlier that day. I also know they have followed up with Brian Arp from Kearney that same week. I'm happy with the staff and their response to potential recruits in Nebraska. Every time I send the staff a name, they've followed up immediately. In many cases they were already following a player that I've referred to them.
    Yep, Jackson has basically spent the entire month since spring ball ended in Nebraska. He spent this last weekend recruiting at the Nebraska State Track Meet.

Currier has already made the rounds around Wisconsin, he went their at the beginning of May.

Schluesner spent two straight weeks in the middle of May in the Chicago area recruiting.

We brought in a crapload of recruits from SD, MN, IA, NE, and WI during our spring ball recruiting season and Junior Day.

Brown has made rounds around Iowa already and spent last week attending the Iowa State Track Meet in Des Moines.

Christensen got back recently from making rounds through Florida.

Stig, Flynn, Mckissic-Luke, Rogers, and Davis are hard to track because they aren't very active on twitter. It's safe to assume that they have been in Minnesota, KC, AZ, and California.

The coaches were down in SF a couple of weeks ago at the combine at Sanford's Palace and will mostly likely be hanging out at Howard Wood at the state meet this weekend.

Comment

Had to scratch David Pfaff from the list of offers. He committed to Wisconsin last week.

We've made offers to 3 DE's, and they've all committed to FBS schools. I'm curious who they may make an offer to now or are they looking at some of our DT/LB/TE's as DE's.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
        It's certainly been a shift in philosophy over the past couple years. Will it work? I guess we'll see in a couple years. Amazes me that we don't at least take care of our backyard. Univ. of Iowa, USD and NDSU have made several visits down here already this spring. No sign of SDSU?? Who is recruiting NW Iowa and SE SD? I guess they are spending their resources flying to AZ and driving to Omaha.
        19 offers to kids from SD, and the border states of NE, IA, MN. 4 more offers to kids from other Midwest states (WI, MO, KS). Not to mention the 3 additional offers to kids from our backyard who committed to FBS schools. What part of that isn't taking care of our backyard? What is so wrong about getting kids from Omaha? We have always recruited from there, well before the d1 days. I know you have a vested/passionate interest in NW Iowa, but not all of those kids fit what our coaches look for or aren't good enough. I think our coaches have it down. AZ has paid huge dividends why wouldn't we go there again?

Comment

It's certainly been a shift in philosophy over the past couple years. Will it work? I guess we'll see in a couple years. Amazes me that we don't at least take care of our backyard. Univ. of Iowa, USD and NDSU have made several visits down here already this spring. No sign of SDSU?? Who is recruiting NW Iowa and SE SD? I guess they are spending their resources flying to AZ and driving to Omaha.
          In the interest of on-field success, the perceived heavy recruitment of NE and AZ doesn't bother me for one main reason:

Demographics: From a population stand-point, Omaha is 400k. Beyond Sioux City (80k) and Council Bluffs (60k), one has to get over I-35 for a significant population center. This doesn't mean that Omaha recruits are better, but it logically increases the likelihood of more FCS-level recruits within a concentrated area. Our limited recruiting resources (staff time) can hopefully be put to more effective use traveling between fewer schools in a smaller area. The same thought goes for the Phoenix area.

For what it is worth, I'm a NW Iowa homer and won't hesitate to send in leads on area players. My heart will always cheer for the small-town kid, but head tells me that we need to cast a wider net.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
            In the interest of on-field success, the perceived heavy recruitment of NE and AZ doesn't bother me for one main reason:

Demographics: From a population stand-point, Omaha is 400k. Beyond Sioux City (80k) and Council Bluffs (60k), one has to get over I-35 for a significant population center. This doesn't mean that Omaha recruits are better, but it logically increases the likelihood of more FCS-level recruits within a concentrated area. Our limited recruiting resources (staff time) can hopefully be put to more effective use traveling between fewer schools in a smaller area. The same thought goes for the Phoenix area.

For what it is worth, I'm a NW Iowa homer and won't hesitate to send in leads on area players. My heart will always cheer for the small-town kid, but head tells me that we need to cast a wider net.
            Really, how many kids in University of Iowa's recruiting class in 2014 and 2015 were from "the big city". We, SDSU, will figure out the hard way, that small school guys are what good midwestern programs are made of. The Jack program has been based on that for years. I think the bulk of our skill guys cannot be found in small town SD and Iowa. I believe strongly that Omaha and Arizona should be recruited hard. I just think the long tradition of midwestern rural kids filling those needs at TE,DE,OL,DL, LB, and Safety is coming to an end. They are there, I just believe our staff is over looking kids that have been the heartbeat of our program for years. NDSU has the same philosophy in recruiting, thus stealing kids from our back yard. USD is hitting small town SD, NE, and Iowa hard and you will see a change in their program over the next 2-3 years. Coach Glenn and Beschorner have changed their philosophy from the Meierkort regime.

2015 Iowa Offers from the state of Iowa
            Landon Paulson OL - 140 students 10-12
            Levi Paulson OL- 140 students 10-12
            Jake Newborg OL/DL- 160 students 10-12
            Brady Reiff(SD) OL/DL- 145 students 10-12
            Drew Cook - TE - 190 students 10-12
            Ryan Boyle - Safety 2300 students 10-12

2014 Recruits
            Parker Hesse LB - 220 students 10-12
            Jay Scheel - WR - 250 students 10-12
            Lucas LeGrand -OL - 1200 students 10-12
            Matt Nelson -DE- 280 students 10-12
            Keegan Render - OL - 1800 students 10-12
            Jacob Sobotka -Safety 125 students
            Dalton Fergusen -OL - 180 students
            Brandon Snyder - Safety - 160 students
            Same Brinks - TE/DE - 400 students

Comment

Really, how many kids in University of Iowa's recruiting class in 2014 and 2015 were from "the big city". We, SDSU, will figure out the hard way, that small school guys are what good midwestern programs are made of. The Jack program has been based on that for years. I think the bulk of our skill guys cannot be found in small town SD and Iowa. I believe strongly that Omaha and Arizona should be recruited hard. I just think the long tradition of midwestern rural kids filling those needs at TE,DE,OL,DL, LB, and Safety is coming to an end. They are there, I just believe our staff is over looking kids that have been the heartbeat of our program for years. NDSU has the same philosophy in recruiting, thus stealing kids from our back yard. USD is hitting small town SD, NE, and Iowa hard and you will see a change in their program over the next 2-3 years. Coach Glenn and Beschorner have changed their philosophy from the Meierkort regime.

2014 Recruits
              Looking at Iowa's 2014 class , the last four on your list appear to be walk-ons and are not scholarship players. Of the remaining 5 , I wouldn't consider high schools of 1200 and 1800 students to be small. About 75 % of their signees are from Texas,Michigan,New Jersey,New York,Ohio,Maryland,Florida,Missouri and Illinois. Whether it's Iowa , USD , NDSU or SDSU , the important thing is who you recruit , not where they are from. And by the way , 15 or 16 of the 22 starters on offense and defense for the Jacks at the end of last season where from SD,Nebraska,Iowa and Minnesota.
              Last edited by bigticket1; 05-30-2014, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Hey guys I do a lot of reporting on NDSU recruiting news and more then happy to share any info with you guys. One name i am not seeing mentioned is RJ Helsper from brookings. I believe he is pretty high up on ndsu and sdsus board at DE. If i can help you guys shake down any info dont hesitate to ask. I am on twitter more than message boards now a days so feel free to ask me questions there if i don't get back to you in a timely manner

Here is my page with players from Iowa, ND, and SD getting ndsu interest. Obviously the list is not complete but i have confirmed with each player they have heard from the Bison. Any obvious names i am missing?

http://bisonation.info/2015-recruiti...te-iowa-nd-sd/

Comment

Originally posted by samsrams View Post
                  Hey guys I do a lot of reporting on NDSU recruiting news and more then happy to share any info with you guys. One name i am not seeing mentioned is RJ Helsper from brookings. I believe he is pretty high up on ndsu and sdsus board at DE. If i can help you guys shake down any info dont hesitate to ask. I am on twitter more than message boards now a days so feel free to ask me questions there if i don't get back to you in a timely manner

Here is my page with players from Iowa, ND, and SD getting ndsu interest. Obviously the list is not complete but i have confirmed with each player they have heard from the Bison. Any obvious names i am missing?

Thanks. I, personally look at your website and twitter handle for info. A lot of good info, even if it is a Bison site.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Thanks. I, personally look at your website and twitter handle for info. A lot of good info, even if it is a Bison site.
                    haha, I dislike a lot of people but I got nothing but love for SDSU. I know I am in enemy territory and I only plan to post info here. Seems like you guys keep this thread pretty clean of gibber gabber (which appears to be what my post is about so far)

Anyways, no surprise or breaking news as its all over twitter and 247 and Rivals but Robbie Grimsley picked up a SDSU and USD offer tonight.

http://bisonation.info/db-robbie-gri...mn-2015-offer/

Comment

2014 Recruits
                      I don't know if anyone feels the same way as I do, but I'm still trying to decide if BULLDOG is serious or doing some kind of strange performance art.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        I don't know if anyone feels the same way as I do, but I'm still trying to decide if BULLDOG is serious or doing some kind of strange performance art.
                        I'm with you on that!

Comment

I see by your site, that the Bison have talked to three Brookings players, Bird, Daniel, and Helpser. It appears the Brookings Bobcats are going to have a good season. That is if three of those players are of interest of the NDSU Bison which is unusual. Instead of running off to Arizona or Florida, Coach Stig and staff needs to stay home and shore up the local talent. Disclosure, this is not intended as endorsement of Bulldog or any of his comments. Not saying Bulldog does not have a right to express his opinion, he does.

Comment

Thanks samsrams! I'm with others in saying that I routinely scour your web page for information. I would love to emulate what you've done with Bisonation, but I will claim lack of time and knowledge base to set it up.

Thanks for the information on RJ Helsper. It is easy to overlook the talent in our own backyard.

Comment

Besides samsrams, does anybody have any information that shows that Helsper is being actively recruited by SDSU? I can't find anything on the web and nothing on his Twitter posts. He does mention his trip to Fargo for a visit, but I find nothing for SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                                Besides samsrams, does anybody have any information that shows that Helsper is being actively recruited by SDSU? I can't find anything on the web and nothing on his Twitter posts. He does mention his trip to Fargo for a visit, but I find nothing for SDSU.
                                I did a quick search and really couldn't find a ton on Helsper and basically nothing on his recruiting. I did watch his HUDL video and can see why he would be getting interest from the Jacks and Bison, as he really closes on ball carriers in a hurry.

The lack of information though can be a good lesson for some of us. Just because you haven't heard about SDSU recruiting/offering a player doesn't mean we haven't.

Coaches can't talk publicly about specific players they are recruiting until they sign their letter of intent, so the information has to come from the recruit himself. Some are less public about it than others.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X