2015 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Pretty random question but would State look at Phillip Nelson to possibly transfer in and play QB for a couple years? I'm sure he'll want to go FBS, but will teams take him?
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Pretty random question but would State look at Phillip Nelson to possibly transfer in and play QB for a couple years? I'm sure he'll want to go FBS, but will teams take him?
      Why would State take a guy like this?

Comment

He was planning on going to Rutgers. Not sure that is still an option.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Why would State take a guy like this?
          This - anyone who kicks an unconscious guy in the head while being under-age drunk probably would not be a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            He was planning on going to Rutgers. Not sure that is still an option.
            Rutgers cut ties with him shortly after he was arrested.

Comment

Aaron Blackwell waiting on higher offers.
              http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...73f84323e55b7e

Comment

I don't see it. He got this plead down to a misdemeanor, but it doesn't change that he kicked a guy in the head. He is toxic. I don't see it, ever. I see MN State Mankato or a Juco in his future.

Comment

I'd say someone like the loser of the Iowa QB race (Beathard or Rudock) will be looking. Iowa starting LB (Spearman) just announced he's attending ISU Red next year.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                    I don't see it. He got this plead down to a misdemeanor, but it doesn't change that he kicked a guy in the head. He is toxic. I don't see it, ever. I see MN State Mankato or a Juco in his future.
                    I would be surprised if MSU, Mankato would pick him up. Koistad was a Maverick and the school/team/community really rallied around him. The mood in Mankato, at least when I left, was that Nelson was scum. The comments on the Mankato Free Press stories about this event, have been less then positive regarding Nelson. I also think Hoffner wants to have a drama free season. Although they were one win away from a National Championship this year, there were multiple negative off field news stories with current and recent members of the team all fall. BUT, stranger things have happened.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Also, our young quarterbacks are STUDS from all indications and conversations. I would be VERY surprised if this was even being considered with the depth and talent that we have at position currently.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Agree on our QB's. Little seems to be the deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                          Will the front page be updated by GopherHole? That's a really nice resource....
                          Finally getting a chance to update the front page. I've been home sick since Monday night.

Looks like a picked the wrong week to get sick! - Steve McCrosky, Airplane

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Aaron Blackwell waiting on higher offers.
                            http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...73f84323e55b7e
                            He doesn't sound very interested in playing for us. That's too bad if that's the case. He could be a beast by the sound of it. There are a number of recruits on that page that I wonder if we have contacted. Arizona is a gold mine of talent.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              I would be surprised if MSU, Mankato would pick him up. Koistad was a Maverick and the school/team/community really rallied around him. The mood in Mankato, at least when I left, was that Nelson was scum. The comments on the Mankato Free Press stories about this event, have been less then positive regarding Nelson. I also think Hoffner wants to have a drama free season. Although they were one win away from a National Championship this year, there were multiple negative off field news stories with current and recent members of the team all fall. BUT, stranger things have happened.
                              Good points. I forgot the young man he kicked played ball for MSU. I don't remember hearing a lot of good about Nelson. I would think football might be off the table. Nobody is going to want him.

Comment

I'd say no but I was lukewarm at best on Cody Larson and he has been nothing but an asset to the program and an upstanding young man.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X