Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by bat67 View Post
    whats the deal with mike daniels I was reading earlier he was a stud but it doesn't seem like anyone is on him heavy?
    I'm hearing attitude. That's from an assistant coach at BHS.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Im kinda thinking mikey daniels thinks he's better then he is. I mean he basically stuffed it in BHS's face and went to this football power in Florida for a year.

Comment

Wow! I think bat67 raised a good question. I was beginning to wonder why some had not scooped him up by now. If there issues with attitude, he may find himself lucky to be PWO.

Comment

I do not know much of this young man. I haven't lived in Brookings for years, and the only game I watched was the State Championship game online. I thought he was a very good player if not the best on the field. But I noticed that when he had a late TD run in the game, very few of his teammates came up to him and hugged, high fived, bumped him, etc. That stuck with me. I am asking any Brookings area people what did his teammates think of him? Did he think he was above them, or was he a good lockerroom guy?
          If he has an attitude is he really a fit with the Jacks?

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
            I do not know much of this young man. I haven't lived in Brookings for years, and the only game I watched was the State Championship game online. I thought he was a very good player if not the best on the field. But I noticed that when he had a late TD run in the game, very few of his teammates came up to him and hugged, high fived, bumped him, etc. That stuck with me. I am asking any Brookings area people what did his teammates think of him? Did he think he was above them, or was he a good lockerroom guy?
            If he has an attitude is he really a fit with the Jacks?
            Good questions but no answers here. I am a 1959 graduate of BHS, and times have changed so much since then. We had a guy in my class named Bob Sheldon. Even though he finished with 12 letters, he was just an average guy. Micky might be the same but may not show much emotion like Bob Sheldon often did not.

The more I think about this, it seems inappropriate for the assistant coach to be expressing these comments. The kids future is hands of the coach, and unless a coach specifically asks about attitude, he should be silent.

Comment

I'm not sure I buy attitude as a reason that teams might not be rushing after Daniel. Attitude can be managed. I'm guessing it's more a question of perceived talent ceiling. I thought Daniel was a potential college stud, and he might be. Some people suggest he's a D-II level player, and he didn't make the Argus Leader Elite 45. So I don't know. I hope he becomes a Jackrabbit and proves that he really is a stud.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Does anyone know if Daniel even wants to be Jackrabbit?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  bunnies1 said that Stig had watched him play BB and they were to meet with his parents. I tend to believe some of the former opportunities dried up and SDSU may be the only one left.

Comment

That is a great question. I hope he does. In general I would rather take a slightly less talented guy, who wants to be there and works his butt off, than a more talented guy who doesn't. I am not saying the Daniel isn't hard working or doesn't want to be a Jackrabbit, only he knows the answers to that. I hope he comes in wanting to be there with a chip on his shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      I'm not sure I buy attitude as a reason that teams might not be rushing after Daniel. Attitude can be managed. I'm guessing it's more a question of perceived talent ceiling. I thought Daniel was a potential college stud, and he might be. Some people suggest he's a D-II level player, and he didn't make the Argus Leader Elite 45. So I don't know. I hope he becomes a Jackrabbit and proves that he really is a stud.
                      I think the perceived talent ceiling is largely the culprit. From what I've read on Mikey, it seems to me he got his 3 star ranking early due to how he preformed against his peers at some notable camps, but that was back when he was a freshman. I'm not sure if he just didn't grow like they thought, but he seems to be close to maxing out his frame already in high school and he doesn't appear to me to have the top end speed DI coaches want to see out of their top targeted running backs. I'm not a talent scout, but I understand this sentiment when watching his highlights compared to say, Sam Zenner's (current SDSU RB verbal).

Personally, I'd like to see Mikey end up at SDSU, but I'm not sure that running back is his future position.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Kemo is correct about the speed for Mikey. He did not have that break away speed. He was nimble to find the hole and get loose only to be caught. He has some good instincts on the field.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Jay Christensen tweeted the following:

Boom!!! Added a great young man to the football family today! #rabbits #FL

Any idea who this could be?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            Jay Christensen tweeted the following:

Boom!!! Added a great young man to the football family today! #rabbits #FL

Any idea who this could be?
                            Adam Anderson, WR from Boone.

https://twitter.com/Adam80BHS

Comment

Adam Anderson, WR from Boone.

https://twitter.com/Adam80BHS
                              Any details on him?
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                Any details on him?
                                Hudl page. http://t.co/Z6KbrJfSxG

2nd team All State. Coming from a spread offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X