2015 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Any word on who the other visitors will be this weekend? Sounds like we have a big group coming in.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

This guy committed to Eastern Michigan two days ago. Had an offer from us.

WR - Jaylen Pickett, 6'0" 191, Zephryhills, FL - HUDL
      Offers: Eastern Michigan, Youngstown State, Presbyterian

Comment

@TerryVandrovec
        Syracuse (Neb.) OL @mattclark285 tweets that he has given a verbal to @GoJacksFB. Ohio, USD also offered. Two-star recruit. 6-5, 300 lbs.

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Any word on who the other visitors will be this weekend? Sounds like we have a big group coming in.
            Some of the known verbals making the weekend visit: Taryn Christian, Marquise Lewis, Nick Jensen, Chase Vinatieri, Ryan Earith, Luke Sellers.

Comment

Coach Stig met w/ Alex Wilde, WR/TE from Brandon Valley a few days ago. No known offer.

@AlexWilde15 Great meeting with Coach Stig this morning!
              #Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                @TerryVandrovec
                Syracuse (Neb.) OL @mattclark285 tweets that he has given a verbal to @GoJacksFB. Ohio, USD also offered. Two-star recruit. 6-5, 300 lbs.
                Boom! There's one of the big OL we were hoping for! Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Boom! There's one of the big OL we were hoping for! Awesome.
                  Also 6th ranked heavyweight wrestler in the nation - bet Coach Bono wouldn't mind having him for a couple of months after football season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Also 6th ranked heavyweight wrestler in the nation - bet Coach Bono wouldn't mind having him for a couple of months after football season is over.
                    Is it possible he could wrestle too?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Is it possible he could wrestle too?
                      Most likely not. The rigors of both Football and Wrestling would almost make it impossible at this level, at any level for that matter.
                      I don't think either coaching staff would want to "share" him. Football and Track and Field is one thing but Football and Wrestling would be very, very difficult. Maybe after his eligibility is used up, but that would mean he wouldn't have wrestled for 4 years.
                      College wrestling last weight class is 285, so he would need to trim down to 285. Most offensive lineman w/ his height are around 305-315.

Comment

@TerryVandrovec
                        Fantastic news! As I mentioned before, he was at the top of my wish list for o-linemen for this class.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Matt Gaiter verbals to Air Force. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Gaiter-162461
                          Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

Most likely not. The rigors of both Football and Wrestling would almost make it impossible at this level, at any level for that matter.
                            I don't think either coaching staff would want to "share" him. Football and Track and Field is one thing but Football and Wrestling would be very, very difficult. Maybe after his eligibility is used up, but that would mean he wouldn't have wrestled for 4 years.
                            College wrestling last weight class is 285, so he would need to trim down to 285. Most offensive lineman w/ his height are around 305-315.
                            I think the above is a reasonable answer. Rep pts given

Comment

Here are a few articles on Clark.

Hard-nosed Syracuse lineman Matthew Clark brings a wallop and intensity to the football field

Syracuse's Matt Clark closing in on consecutive pins state record
                              "Add a pair of pins at the state dual tournament to cap his sophomore season, and Clark finds himself just nine away from matching the state record of 47 set in 2012 by fellow heavyweight Mike Shoff."

Comment

@AlexWilde15: Going to announce my commitment after I complete my 5 official visits.

Scheduled with SDSU, UND, Bowling Green so far this January!

Wilde is from Brandon Valley. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/797403/highlights/170633376

Comment

Working...
                                X