Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    How can you know with an 18-year-old?
    true....the number and quality of scholarship offers are only guidelines

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      We've offered 13 scholarships this year (that have been accepted). Someone here always keeps track of how many we have available. Take that number and subtract 13.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why the **** it matters that we accurately keep track of whether or not someone was offered a scholarship.
      Tells us nothing. You have no clue how much of a scholarship each of those 13 were offered.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Tells us nothing. You have no clue how much of a scholarship each of those 13 were offered.
        Thanks to the label of PWO I know they were offered something though
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          How can you know with an 18-year-old?
          You don't and that's the crap shoot element of recruiting.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 12-24-2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Why not give then the label PWO. It is a way to recognize those that will be putting in the same time and energy while paying their own way. Plus we can look back in a few years and talk about the walk one that stepped up. I believe those don't take it as a slight but more as a badge of honor

Comment

Sounds like we are not in the running for three AZ recruits that have offers from the Jacks. They are looking to go FBS.

Kamron Johnson, Derik Hall, Ryan Parenteau.
              http://www.sports360az.com/2014/12/c...cided-players/

Comment

@jason247scout: Glendale Az. CC DE Jared Tuilagi has committed to Midwestern State.

Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

We are a month away from signing day and our recruitment is in its final push. We have 14 verbals and a nice balance on offense and defense. However, it appears to me that we still have a hole in our offensive line recruitment. Injuries, graduations, and transfers prove you can't have enough fat boys on the team. Moreover, having Illinois State and NDSU squaring off in the championship game proves how valuable line play is at the FCS level.

We have four recruits on our offer board, but I'm sure our coaches have a wish list that has more names that we don't even know about. I'd bet they are even looking at some young men who have high hopes to go to one of the BCS schools but will likely get caught in a numbers game. I really like some of the names we have on our offers list and this is my ranking for the list. You could flip the top two and I'd love to have both!

Matt Clark is a road grader from southeast Nebraska. I'm sure he is interested in playing for the Huskers, but I suspect the best he will get from them is a preferred walk-on. The Huskers have a couple of OT/OG commits and are still pushing on a couple that are 4/5 star ranked recruits. Former Husker coach, Frank Solich, has an offer out to Clark at Ohio and USD also has offered. He is your classic Midwestern, small town lineman that gets overlooked by many of the big programs.

Cal Twait from Manson, Iowa has all of the physical tools. At 6'6" 260 he has the frame to be your classic tackle. His 4.87 forty is unbelievable for a big man and would be valuable against quick defensive ends and for pulling on sweeps. He has six offers from MVFC schools, including the Big 4 from this year. With that much interest from the top of the FCS, it is somewhat surprising that he doesn't have a known offer from a BCS school. Northwest Iowa kid, we've got to keep our mitts on this recruiting area!

Tanner Borchardt from central Nebraska has a mammoth frame and serious interest from two BCS schools and six known offers. I've officiated two of his high school games and he has potential. From my limited exposure, if he had more fire he would have already accepted a BCS offer and potentially a Power Five conference scholly.

Grant Branch from Lombard, Illinois may be a little undersized compared to your classic D1 linemen, but if he has the athletic ability he could excel in interior line play. Army and three other middle of the MVFC schools have offered.

Who would you like to see get an offer? Are there any other positions? How about some dark horse recruits that are not on our offer board?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    We are a month away from signing day and our recruitment is in its final push. We have 14 verbals and a nice balance on offense and defense. However, it appears to me that we still have a hole in our offensive line recruitment. Injuries, graduations, and transfers prove you can't have enough fat boys on the team. Moreover, having Illinois State and NDSU squaring off in the championship game proves how valuable line play is at the FCS level.

We have four recruits on our offer board, but I'm sure our coaches have a wish list that has more names that we don't even know about. I'd bet they are even looking at some young men who have high hopes to go to one of the BCS schools but will likely get caught in a numbers game. I really like some of the names we have on our offers list and this is my ranking for the list. You could flip the top two and I'd love to have both!

Matt Clark is a road grader from southeast Nebraska. I'm sure he is interested in playing for the Huskers, but I suspect the best he will get from them is a preferred walk-on. The Huskers have a couple of OT/OG commits and are still pushing on a couple that are 4/5 star ranked recruits. Former Husker coach, Frank Solich, has an offer out to Clark at Ohio and USD also has offered. He is your classic Midwestern, small town lineman that gets overlooked by many of the big programs.

Cal Twait from Manson, Iowa has all of the physical tools. At 6'6" 260 he has the frame to be your classic tackle. His 4.87 forty is unbelievable for a big man and would be valuable against quick defensive ends and for pulling on sweeps. He has six offers from MVFC schools, including the Big 4 from this year. With that much interest from the top of the FCS, it is somewhat surprising that he doesn't have a known offer from a BCS school. Northwest Iowa kid, we've got to keep our mitts on this recruiting area!

Tanner Borchardt from central Nebraska has a mammoth frame and serious interest from two BCS schools and six known offers. I've officiated two of his high school games and he has potential. From my limited exposure, if he had more fire he would have already accepted a BCS offer and potentially a Power Five conference scholly.

Grant Branch from Lombard, Illinois may be a little undersized compared to your classic D1 linemen, but if he has the athletic ability he could excel in interior line play. Army and three other middle of the MVFC schools have offered.

Who would you like to see get an offer? Are there any other positions? How about some dark horse recruits that are not on our offer board?
                    Been lurking around these 4 on the web looking to see where they might be going. I would put Clark very high on being a Jack; Borchardt a few months ago was deciding between Colorado State & Wyoming, I also saw a comment via twitter (not sure how accurate it was) that he may not want to play football at the next level as he didn't think he had the drive to do so; Twait, I haven't seen him show much interest in SDSU.

Brady Hale from Yankton (under the radar).

Huge gets would be Aaron Blackwell, Connor Hubbs and Jake Whalen on defensive side.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

As soon as heard Matt Clark was also a good wrestler he moved to the top of my wish list for offensive linemen in this class. Good wrestlers generally understand how to grapple and use leverage, which translates well to the football field (particularly in the trenches), it is just that most don't have the size to play college football. That most certainly isn't a problem for Matt.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

According to Terry V. blog this morning, SDSU is expecting 6-7 more football verbals (scholarship).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          According to Terry V. blog this morning, SDSU is expecting 6-7 more football verbals (scholarship).
                          This is like waiting for Christmas all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Two or three big offensive linemen, another linebacker, another DL, another WR, and another corner. That's my wishlist.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

@jason247scout Peoria Az. Liberty DT Aaron Blackwell has scheduled a visit with South Dakota State and Weber State http://hsarizona.scout.com/player/77...aron-blackwell

Comment

That's good news

Comment

Working...
                                X