Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    I've got a feeling the lady from Gothenburg was disappointed that Tanner Borchardt from the same town didn't get named. He was named to a select preseason team by the OWH. However, Gothenburg failed to even make the playoffs despite being one of the better teams from their district. They didn't win enough games and in my opinion from watching him play in person, he wasn't as dominate as he should have been.

As far as no kids making it from the western part of the state, the majority of Nebraskans feel anything west of Lincoln is the western half of the state and based on that, numerous kids got named including 2, two-time selections. Bottom line is the majority of population resides in two metro areas, there are more numbers and in many cases more talent there.

I'm pleased with the all-state players that the Rabbits got commits from and the kids we targeted in Nebraska this year.

I see by rivals we have an offer out to Tanner Borchardt. He looks to be able to play at FCS. You are right about the attitudes towards geography in Nebraska, its as I remember.

Comment

This one slipped through the cracks. Justus Merz, offensive lineman from KS committed to UND back in November. Had offer from the Jacks.

@PuPHDaddyMERZ: It finally happen! I committed to the University of North Dakota tonight! #D1Bound http://t.co/ZHJOpmjCw0

Comment

The best recruiting video I've ever seen, watch the play at 1:04, the way he drops the pass is D1 all the way...http://fanbuzz.com/story/high-school...the-sidelines/

Comment

Will we land any jucos?

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
            Will we land any jucos?
            The positions that we have had recent success with jucos/transfers are DL (Marshall Puegh), safety (Taveras)and QB (Lujan). DL and Safety/corner could be two areas where I could definitely see bringing someone in. Don't see them trying to bring in any QBs this year. OL is always a possibility as well as you can never have too many bodies in that area. Zimmerman this last year was supposed to be a good get on the OL but had some injury issues to start the year and never really ended up playing much.
            Players on the roster from last year that were transfers
            Taveras
            Larves Jones
            Cody Hazlett
            Zach Lujan
            Ron Pavlik
            Travis Zimmerman
            Landon Shultz
            Tiano Pupungatoa

Comment

Immediate impact Jucos I see. DB's, DE's... Maybe some transfers - and I wouldn't rule out any position for those..

We shall see. Many major programs doing heavy signing today.

Comment

Former Jackrabbit Bryson McCabe signed with Montana St...according to @reiverfootball tweet.

Comment

Former Jackrabbit Bryson McCabe signed with Montana St...according to @reiverfootball tweet.
                  Did he have issues at SDSU?

Comment

Huh. He must not want to play much.*

*Get it? Big Sky doesn't play D...
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Did he have issues at SDSU?
                      From a articleTerry V. wrote back when he left it was stated that McCabe thought he could play at a higher level. Going to JC allowed bigger programs to see him and thus reopening up his recruitment.?.
                      http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...cess/10507781/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        From a articleTerry V. wrote back when he left it was stated that McCabe thought he could play at a higher level. Going to JC allowed bigger programs to see him and thus reopening up his recruitment.?.
                        http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...cess/10507781/
                        Well, that didn't pan out if that was the plan.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Alex Hart committed to New Mexico and Caleb Potter previously committed to Texas State. Both had offers.

LB - Alex Hart, 6'2" 215, Prior Lake, MN - HUDL
                          Offers: New Mexico, NDSU, UNI, Ill State, USD, Wyoming, Cornell

LB - Caleb Potter, 6'0" 230, Costa Mesa, CA (Orange County JC)
                          Offers: Georgia State, Texas State, Colorado, Fresno State, Hawaii, Iowa State, Kansas, Purdue, New Mexico, Nevada, San Jose State, Sam Houston State, Incarnate Word, So Alabama, S Miss., Utah, Wake Forest, Washington State, Wyoming
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Nick Jensen, FB from Sartell, MN
                            https://twitter.com/Jens_DAWG/status/544848889116123136
                            Lists his top five as: SDSU, UND, NDSU, IOWA, Minnesota.
                            http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1780242/nick-jensen

According to Bisonation and his sources, this is for a PWO.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Nick Jensen, FB from Sartell, MN
                              https://twitter.com/Jens_DAWG/status/544848889116123136
                              Lists his top five as: SDSU, UND, NDSU, IOWA, Minnesota.
                              http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1780242/nick-jensen

According to Bisonation and his sources, this is for a PWO.
                              I believe SDSU is visiting him today.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                Alex Hart committed to New Mexico and Caleb Potter previously committed to Texas State. Both had offers.

LB - Alex Hart, 6'2" 215, Prior Lake, MN - HUDL
                                Offers: New Mexico, NDSU, UNI, Ill State, USD, Wyoming, Cornell

LB - Caleb Potter, 6'0" 230, Costa Mesa, CA (Orange County JC)
                                Offers: Georgia State, Texas State, Colorado, Fresno State, Hawaii, Iowa State, Kansas, Purdue, New Mexico, Nevada, San Jose State, Sam Houston State, Incarnate Word, So Alabama, S Miss., Utah, Wake Forest, Washington State, Wyoming
                                Like to see us beef up our DL and LB corps ,if at all possible, w/o sacrificing speed too much, so we don't have so many runners bouncing off the first tackle and hurting us with additional yards before they're finally brought down. Need speed too, don't get me wrong, we can always gang tackle rather than sacrifice too much speed for just size.

Comment

Working...
                                X