X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Luke Sellers, FB from Nebraska
    ‏@LSELLERS36 Committed to South Dakota State University, blessed and excited to continue my football career #Jacks

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Sellers-159714
    http://247sports.com/Player/Luke-Sellers-65574
    Also had an offer from Wyoming.
    Big kid who is really light of foot. Throws some mean lead blocks.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1429664/luke-sellers
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Luke Sellers, FB from Nebraska
      ‏@LSELLERS36 Committed to South Dakota State University, blessed and excited to continue my football career #Jacks

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Sellers-159714
      http://247sports.com/Player/Luke-Sellers-65574
      Also had an offer from Wyoming.
      This is now our 2nd commit that had an offer from Wyoming. My gut feeling has been that SDSU has cooled on Mikey Daniel over the past few months, and now that we have commits from Zenner at RB and Sellers at FB, I think that this kind of confirms my feelings (I could be completely wrong though).

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
        This is now our 2nd commit that had an offer from Wyoming. My gut feeling has been that SDSU has cooled on Mikey Daniel over the past few months, and now that we have commits from Zenner at RB and Sellers at FB, I think that this kind of confirms my feelings (I could be completely wrong though).
        I"m not sure how "warm" SDSU ever was with Mikey? Did he ever/Does he have an offer?
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          I"m not sure how "warm" SDSU ever was with Mikey? Did he ever/Does he have an offer?
          In all sports SDSU tends to think Brookings kids will just be willing to walk on. Brayden Carlson was a walk on.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
            In all sports SDSU tends to think Brookings kids will just be willing to walk on. Brayden Carlson was a walk on.
            I can't remember exactly how this all went down with Brayden, but he walked-on the first year and then was going to get a scholarship the other 4 years. You are implying that he walked on without any commitment from the coaching staff that he would never get a scholarship. That I know that is incorrect.

We had to hold onto another scholarship because Nate committed late. If we did not land Nate, then Brayden was going to get a scholarship for all 5 years. It ended up that Nate did sign late and therefore there was no scholarship available for Brayden his redshirt year, so he walked-on.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Not necessarily true, if a player is good enough to earn a scholarship they will receive a scholarship. For instance, Tyler Duffy (although he was extremely intelligent) and Mason Winterboer were good enough to earn roster spots, but not good enough for a scholly so they received PWO's. Alex Parker was good enough to earn a scholly, so he received a scholarship. Basketball is also a completely different animal since their is only 13 scholarships and they all have to be full.

Comment

Wow. That's a bit of a generalization.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

He was a grayshirt.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Having been a Brookings Bobcat fan for over 50 years, the talent seems to be peaks and valleys and mostly valleys. Right now it is a peak, which will be gone tomorrow. The early fifties there was talent from 1950-54 and that was a long peak. Brookings has not had the consistency of Yankton High School and that's kind hard to explain. So many kids are SDSU faculty children and more geared towards being book worms. Nothing wrong with that but its a fact.

Brayden was a good athlete but has Lake Norden blood in him and that's what made him the athlete he was.

Comment

Common misperception. There is an expectation that in state student athletes will choose SDSU preferred status as compared to other non scholarship opportunities but no expectation that they will turn down Equivalent DI offers to take that non-scholarship offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

[QUOTE=jackmd;264136]Common misperception. There is an expectation that in state student athletes will choose SDSU preferred status as compared to other non scholarship opportunities but no expectation that they will turn down Equivalent DI offers to take that non-scholarship offer.

Please forward to the SDSU coaches please.
                        All are 1st Team All State Players
                        Austin Ahrendt- Sioux City East 6'3" 220 TE Ivy league a possibility
                        Braden DeBoer - Sioux Center 6'4" 230 DT/Tackle NDSU/USD
                        Christian Rozeboom - Sioux Center 6'2" 205 Athlete 4.6 Best athlete I saw all year.
                        Vaughn Moser - West Lyon 6'0" 205 RB/LB 4.65 Potential Walk On at D-1 USD/UNI
                        Brett Van Roekel - West Lyon 6'6" 235 Tackle long arms! Best potential on the list.
                        Blake Simons - HMS 6'6" 225 WR/TE athletic full offer to play bb at SMSU/ Walk on offer at Iowa

Oh by the way 2 guys that I said SDSU should offer last year: Andrew Van Ginkel redshirted at USD. 6'3" 225 Linebacker USD assistant coach told me last week he will be a STUD! Great shot at being a 4 year starter.
                        Brandon Snyder- what a huge miss this was. 6'1" 210 lbs - West Lyon coach told me yesterday he had a great fall as PWO at Univ of Iowa. Scout team defensive and special teams mvp. Is getting #1 reps at safety during bowl prep last week.

Comment

[QUOTE=BULLDOG;264174]
                          Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Common misperception. There is an expectation that in state student athletes will choose SDSU preferred status as compared to other non scholarship opportunities but no expectation that they will turn down Equivalent DI offers to take that non-scholarship offer.

Christian Rozeboom - Sioux Center 6'2" 205 Athlete 4.6 Best athlete I saw all year.
                          Brett Van Roekel - West Lyon 6'6" 235 Tackle long arms! Best potential on the list.
                          Blake Simons - HMS 6'6" 225 WR/TE athletic full offer to play bb at SMSU/ Walk on offer at Iowa

Oh by the way 2 guys that I said SDSU should offer last year: Andrew Van Ginkel redshirted at USD. 6'3" 225 Linebacker USD assistant coach told me last week he will be a STUD! Great shot at being a 4 year starter.
                          Brandon Snyder- what a huge miss this was. 6'1" 210 lbs - West Lyon coach told me yesterday he had a great fall as PWO at Univ of Iowa. Scout team defensive and special teams mvp. Is getting #1 reps at safety during bowl prep last week.
                          http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205174229

This is the directory, please tell them yourself, I am real busy right now.

Comment

@jason247scout
                            Breaking News: 3-star OT Davis Perrott from Phoenix Az. Mountain Pointe committed to #WashingtonState http://hsarizona.scout.com/story/1491087

Had offer from SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post

Seriously, you can send those names onto them if you feel they warrant consideration. You should contact the recruiting coordinator, I believe it is Jesse Currier.

We also may have interest in a number of these guys already. Who knows.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

@jason247scout
                                Breaking News: 3-star OT Davis Perrott from Phoenix Az. Mountain Pointe committed to #WashingtonState http://hsarizona.scout.com/story/1491087

Had offer from SDSU.
                                Thought he was a long shot but would have loved to steal a big OL prospect like that.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X