Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Nice, comes to the SDSU Camp on the 30th, receives offer, commits 3 days later.

Also it's nice to have such early commitments from the Twin Cities and Omaha Metro, get to work recruiting boys.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Here's some of his junior highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/797879/highlights/144594376

Comment

I've been trying to update the list as best I can. However, my youngest daughter recently got out of the hospital, my job has been swamped, working with cattle at night, and trying to keep my wife happy. On top of that, we have so many recruits with offers, that I can't fit any more characters in the offers post. So until I can layout my first several posts to fit in all of the offers, I won't be able to add the last 4 offers that have been posted. That bugs me, but until I find more time this is the best that I can do!

Happy 4th everyone!

Comment

Relax on the verbal from the DT from Nebraska as it is way early to count are chickens before they hatch. The recruit says he wants a SDSU like team but would go immediately to a FBS so his verbal doesn't mean much at this point of recruiting. We can hope only.

Comment

Thanks for your work on this site, GopherHole. It's much appreciated.
            This space for lease.

Comment

DL - Brian Arp, 6'4" 260, Kearney, NE - HUDL

Verballed to Ohio, had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

SDSU has received it's third verbal form Beatrice, NE LB Jessup Workman, he is the second player that has committed after receiving an offer at our camp on the 30th...https://twitter.com/Sean_Callahan/st...95211471929344

Rivals...http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jessup-Workman-157472

HUDL...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/795717/highlights/98418380

Comment

Looks like we have another Nebraska commit out there as well...https://twitter.com/Dan_Jackson5/sta...98620396699648

***UPDATE***

The fourth commit is Crete, NE OLB Jake Harms...https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...01119778271235

He also had offers from USD and Illinois State...http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jake-Harms-157473

HUDL...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1217272/...ghts/130781377

Comment

TV just reported on Twitter:

And a fourth verbal for SDSU football: Crete's Jake Harms (6-3, 200) says he is in. Projects at OLB. Had offers from USD, Illinois State.

Comment

Why are we not looking more at NW Iowa? There has to be tons of talent over there.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 07-07-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        TV just reported on Twitter:

And a fourth verbal for SDSU football: Crete's Jake Harms (6-3, 200) says he is in. Projects at OLB. Had offers from USD, Illinois State.
                        Dan Jackson seems to be a major asset to the program in terms of recruiting. Not sure how to make it happen, but he probably needs a promotion/raise.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Why are we not looking more at NW Iowa? There has to be tons of talent over there.
                          What an idiot!!

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                            What an idiot!!
                            Ah, come on Bulldog. Nidaros is just taking a slight jab at you. Don't take it too personal.

It comes with the territory when you hype up one area of recruiting and denounce another. Personally, I hope we are looking hard at NW Iowans for our future recruits, but at the same time, I don't know if your past examples have convinced me that we are overlooking the area.

Other than Tyler Starr (who had a ton of issues coming out of HS and definitely warranted some scrutiny), I can't agree that we missed on very many kids in the area. I've mentioned before that recruiting areas are cyclical, and just because we didn't recruit hard in an area one year doesn't mean we won't in the next.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              Dan Jackson seems to be a major asset to the program in terms of recruiting. Not sure how to make it happen, but he probably needs a promotion/raise.
                              I believe he got bumped up from Grad Assistant to Cornerback coach this offseason. Christensen got bumped to safeties coach.

Currier also deserves a lot of credit, this is only his 2nd season as the recruiting coordinator and he has really got things going. He has gotten some early commits the last 2 cycles and has gotten more recruits than we've ever had on campus both in the offseason and for in-season official visits.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                Ah, come on Bulldog. Nidaros is just taking a slight jab at you. Don't take it too personal.

It comes with the territory when you hype up one area of recruiting and denounce another. Personally, I hope we are looking hard at NW Iowans for our future recruits, but at the same time, I don't know if your past examples have convinced me that we are overlooking the area.

Other than Tyler Starr (who had a ton of issues coming out of HS and definitely warranted some scrutiny), I can't agree that we missed on very many kids in the area. I've mentioned before that recruiting areas are cyclical, and just because we didn't recruit hard in an area one year doesn't mean we won't in the next.
                                It's the 7th time he's taking a jab at me and NW Iowa. Not taking it personal at all, but he's still an idiot!! I'm not at all concerned about us tapping into Nebraska. I still think it's a bad idea hitting AZ and CA hard. Tough winters and away from family and friends is hard to keep kids for 5 years. Our lack of depth every year is from the attrition. Yes, we have locals that don't come back, but not at the rate of kids that come from warm weather states. We are not doing a very good job of recruiting and getting guys in our own backyard. We missed on 4-5 local guys(especially Marlette, Van Ginkel and Snyder) in 2014 class and hopefully it doesn't happen again in 2015 class. Now that Waecter and Newborg are commited to Iowa and Schmidt is a Buckeye. We must land guys like Tuszka, Christion, Twait(Manson), Daniel, Cooper(Sheldon), Spears (Heelen), Ross(Humboldt).

Comment

Working...
                                X