2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Division 1 programs shouldn't even be allowed to schedule D3 schools...or whatever this team is.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I already purchased my season tickets. I don't see how this well increase the cost. They gave me a price. They can't switch that.

It may change the value however
      I would guess that having to pay for the new stadium this will be more likely to happen going forward.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of this thread sounds like what the Husker fans were saying when they scheduled us the first and second time. I'll be at the game. My thought is whatever is best for the team. I'm not sure if this is what the coaches wanted, but I do know that a win goes a long way in keeping a team rolling. Schedule a patsy, beat the piss out of them, and get the boys' confidence up for the conference schedule. I'll pay my $20 extra per ticket if the coaches think this game will help them reach their goals. Go Jacks!
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'm disappointed because it's a non-counter. D3's do not count for the Simple Rating System (SRS) that the NCAA uses in determining playoff teams.

So, if the Jacks lose to Mizzou (which they probably will), they'll need to win 8 of 10 FCS games in order to be a sure thing to make the playoffs.

That's tough with games at UNI, at ISU-Red, at NDSU, at SUU. Slim margin of error there. I was hoping they'd get at least a counter.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            I'm disappointed because it's a non-counter. D3's do not count for the Simple Rating System (SRS) that the NCAA uses in determining playoff teams.

So, if the Jacks lose to Mizzou (which they probably will), they'll need to win 8 of 10 FCS games in order to be a sure thing to make the playoffs.

That's tough with games at UNI, at ISU-Red, at NDSU, at SUU. Slim margin of error there. I was hoping they'd get at least a counter.
            Yeah, that and why playing mizzu isnt such a great deal, getting paid but a loss most likely and put the team behind the ultimate goal of making the playoffs. the goal of winning the confrence should be first, but its a tough game to accept. atleast it should be an easy win.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

So, if the Jacks lose to Mizzou (which they probably will), they'll need to win 8 of 10 FCS games in order to be a sure thing in the playoffs.

Exactly. This game is a waste. God forbid an injury happens. In the MVFC you need to schedule 'counters' as your cream puff game(s), especially if you have a sure loss on the schedule (FBS). Didn't NDSU schedule a D2 team last year that was considered a counter? This is an epic scheduling fail, no matter how you spin it.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

oshkosh was pretty good last year, i know that doesn't mean anything this year but SDSU has nothing to gain (except money) and everything to lose playing oshkosh. if the jacks lose this one, the season might be over.

Comment

I may miss my first D1 home game ever on Sept 20th 2014. Might even go up to Fargo to watch the bison take on the Grizz. Thanks Rob for making my day!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    I already purchased my season tickets. I don't see how this well increase the cost. ...
                    oops...was signed in as adminhare...this post is from JackJD.

That was my reaction when I saw posts with complaints about the cost of one's season tickets going up. Can those who claim the cost of my four season tickets will increase $20 each direct me to a statement by the athletic administration which backs that up? Are you suggesting I'm going to get a bill for the increase? Or, are people saying that the ticket prices were set in anticipation of having a sixth home game? In any event, I don't see the sky falling on this deal. I bought my season tickets without regard to whether there was a sixth game.

Added: I like the post with the reminder that some of the sentiment expressed in this thread is reminiscent of what some Nebraska fans (and coach) said when UNL scheduled the 'Rabbits. All of the Wisconsin D-3 schools play a pretty good brand of football. The Oshkosh squad will come in here trying to do what Lacrosse accomplished in recent memory and the challenge for us is to show there's a big difference between D-3 and FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      I already purchased my season tickets. I don't see how this well increase the cost. They gave me a price. They can't switch that.

It may change the value however
                      I would guess that having to pay for the new stadium this will be more likely to happen going forward.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      If I remember correctly, there was a charge for the 6th game that was added late last year. I would be amazed if there is not an extra charge fro this game
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If they want to charge me more for this game they can keep them all

I paid for SEASON tickets. If they change the season, Well that's on them in my mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't they increase the cost of our tickets last year after adding butler late.

Comment

I'm going to GoJacks.com to check my ticket-purchasing history. I'll report back my findings.

Comment

We were billed for the Butler game after it was added, if you had already paid for your tickets. Teams do not want to come here and play, and if they do it will cost more than you might take in.

Comment

If i remember right, they called me last year after Butler was added and asked if it was ok to charge my card for the extra game. So yea, we paid for Butler last year

Comment

Working...
                                X