Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    So you're upset because the administration didn't tell you up front you were paying for 6 home games?
    Basically, yes, and I've made my position clear on why I feel that way.

I'm also irritated (if you can't tell) at the people running around here claiming that us season ticket holders got this game "for free".

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      Basically, yes, and I've made my position clear on why I feel that way.

I'm also irritated (if you can't tell) at the people running around here claiming that us season ticket holders got this game "for free".
      So did you ask how many home games you were paying for?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        So did you ask how many home games you were paying for?
        No. Why would I? See previous posts for my commentary on that.

Comment

OMG. I can't believe you, as a large donor, are naive enough to think that. Believe what you want, but at $28 per ticket, you can bet your a$$ that the 6th game was already built into the season ticket price, regardless of whether or not it was ever scheduled. If it wasn't, as you claim, then our admin is completely inept and has no concept of how to generate revenue.
          I think maybe you need to think this through TK...I know you are not that obtuse. You made my very point...the ticket price was set based on the desire to have six home games. So when nothing else was available, the admin could have left it open, and you would still be out the same $$...so there were no additional dollars to be made from season ticket holders by scheduling a game you had already paid for. I quote you "There is no good that can come from having this game on the schedule, other than $from us season ticket holders." If you are saying the price should have been set on five games...then you don't understand scheduling which would have left us with two open weekends in a row. If you still don't understand my point, I give up.

P.S. I'm not a large donor...I just try to do my share.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            I think maybe you need to think this through TK...I know you are not that obtuse. You made my very point...the ticket price was set based on the desire to have six home games. So when nothing else was available, the admin could have left it open, and you would still be out the same $$...so there were no additional dollars to be made from season ticket holders by scheduling a game you had already paid for. I quote you "There is no good that can come from having this game on the schedule, other than $from us season ticket holders." If you are saying the price should have been set on five games...then you don't understand scheduling which would have left us with two open weekends in a row. If you still don't understand my point, I give up.

P.S. I'm not a large donor...I just try to do my share.
            That is a totally opposite viewpoint from the position I thought you were taking based on previous posts, and it was actually the point I was trying to make as well. Probably the point we were both trying to make, just coming at it from different angles. The 6th home game was not free, and it did cost us season ticket holders additional $. We just prepaid for it, regardless of whether or not the game was actually ever scheduled. Not that hard to understand.

I really don't see how season ticket holders prepaying for a 6th game has anything to do with actually scheduling the game, but I'll let you debate that with someone else. The price could have easily been set for 5 games, and then billed later once the game was scheduled, just like last year. Again, not that hard to understand.

And with that I've said my peace and bid this thread adieu. Thanks to everyone for mixing it up in the offseason.

Comment

I never said the game was free...must have come from someone else. And they had to set the price while they were still looking for a game to fill one of the two slots still open in September. They needed one for Beef Bowl...wanted to fill it...and they surely wanted the money from those who would attend and not be season-ticket holders. I bid this thread adieu as well TK.

Comment

No. Why would I? See previous posts for my commentary on that.
                You're mad the admin charged season ticket holders for six games so one would reason that you were pretty concerned about the number of games you were getting for the cost of the season tickets. If someone is that concerned its logical they may ask the question about the number of games included. Instead the admin had the nerve to schedule a sixth home game at no added cost (beyond what was already paid) to the schedule. (I get the cost was already included so no need to remind me) They could have stayed at five which I'm assuming was the number of games you thought you were originally paying for.

Propar stated how last year they were billed after fact for the added Butler game. Now its reasonable to me at least that probably made a lot of people unhappy which is likely the reason the admin just charged the lump sum.

I really dont get what was so bad about what the admin did.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Hey, I think I'll throw my (tinfoil) hat into this ring. Maybe JacksFan#1 is a plant by the administration to try to spread SDSU propaganda. Are we sure that JacksFan#1 is even a real person? (Never mind the fact that many of us have met him.) This isn't opinion; wake up sheeple. We are being manipulated from the inside. Who knows how high this really goes. Is SDSU athletics, and thus SDSUFans.com, really a front for the Russians? I was on the board when we had those spammers. When are JackJD and Filbert going to answer for all of this???
                  The tweets are coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ятыдф лшерр юлщжжц.

Comment

Whatever you do people, don't stop posting now. I'm only on mile 600 of my 1000 mile journey to Dickinson and back today. Don't make me just stare at the interstate...
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Whatever you do people, don't stop posting now. I'm only on mile 600 of my 1000 mile journey to Dickinson and back today. Don't make me just stare at the interstate...
                        So you are saying that you are on the downhill side. I was making plans for the tailgating at the beef bowl game. G & T is on the menu. We may even be cooking some beef! I would expect a good crowd. Remember no texting and driving)
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Wait a minute . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Crap! Now I've really stepped in it!

(I've recently learned the true identity of RO and I can vouch for his loyal Jackrabbitedness...and I hear its going to cost me some gin and tonics.)
                            I look forward to this exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

My last post on the subject sorry I didn't get to post earlier. But the concern is what if this game didn't happen? We would have paid for 6 only gotten 5 would we have gotten a refund? I doubr it. As much as I like giving to sdsu I can only afford so much like some others entertainment value has to match the cost of the entertainment. Seems like a simple fix. Atleast to me. Admin when the cost goes out for season tickets it will include X number of games. If any more games are added after the purchase of season tickets you will be billed or we will deduct from your card ect for the additional games. If 6 games are set you buy season tickets and one of the games falls through and only get 5 there will be a refund sent for the price of that game if an other game is not replacing it.

That way everyone knows how many games they are getting what the are paying and if there are are any changes to the schedule for home games it may affect them with extra charges or a refund. If people don't like those terms don't get season tickets and just buy individual game tickets.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Set a new personal 1 day driving record yesterday...1007 miles. Special thanks to TK, JackJD, #1Fan, RO and many others for keeping this thread alive and well during my travels! 😉
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X