Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Oh yes the Old School for Blind. I had a temporary job at EMS, they do repair and maintenance for wind towers. The owner Joe Kolback had just sold his company and had bought the grounds for the school for the blind. I believe this gentleman was originally from Howard SD. How is that for thread drift.
    I had to read that more than once. I initially though the school for the blind was performing wind tower maintenance. That would be interesting to observe.

At least the heights probably wouldn't bother them.

Comment

Important links relative to this thread:

http://policelink.monster.com/nfs/po...Dead_Horse.gif

you don't like that one? Here's one a little less cartoonish:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...dead-horse.gif

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Important links relative to this thread:

http://policelink.monster.com/nfs/po...Dead_Horse.gif

you don't like that one? Here's one a little less cartoonish:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...dead-horse.gif
        I prefer #2.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          You can smack me, no big deal. So with you, you'd rather play B 'Gosh?
          Getting an extra win would not hurt SDSU, but how will the yotes handle it?

Comment

I understand but in all honesty, who would you rather play? USD a second time or B Gosh?
            But imagine if the yotes ever make the playoffs. We could have to play thrice. That I do not like.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              I had to read that more than once. I initially though the school for the blind was performing wind tower maintenance. That would be interesting to observe.

At least the heights probably wouldn't bother them.
              Have you ever met a blind person? You would not be making jokes like this if you were blind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyXz2SAXGw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCQgCy9To4

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                But imagine if the yotes ever make the playoffs. We could have to play thrice. That I do not like.
                the Yotes will eventually make the playoffs, and when we do, you won't be with us, so don't worry about thrice!

I know it's unlikely to happen, but it's painfully obvious that it's a solution. The worry about it diluting the rivalry to name is incorrect, because if they are remotely close in talent, it would enhance it.

big home crowds...big $$$$$$$.....small travel costs = no more B Gosh or William Penn

however, if you're afraid, then I understand...................(relax, it was sarcastic)

That particular game would be normal price plus another $10 or so, and that would mean good things

Comment

Getting an extra win would not hurt SDSU, but how will the yotes handle it?

An an extra win over SDSU? We'd handle it fine my friend. No worries there

Comment

????

This thread is getting tiresome. We either get some better discussion or ideas, or I'm going to exercise my rights and ignore it.

Name one other NCAA program in the country that plays the same team twice in a season. This is football, not basketball. You really think the Valley would allow this? No way.

Sometimes you just have to accept it is what it is ByGosh...

Comment

From a revenue point of view, it is a good idea, otherwise!! Not so sure. Does USD have an open date on Sept 20th?
                      With out looking, I suspect you have it filled. Seems like USD is playing who? William Penn?? We will make a deal, we don't play bogosh and you don't play WP, instead SDSU VS USD on that date. If we could get it to work I would be in favor. If I understood all the statements made in the press, SDSU does not have this problem in 2015. The schedule is full as I understand. Seems to me we need to try getting more Big Sky schools. Portland State I read somewhere maybe on AnyGivenSaturday is in financial trouble might end up dropping football. If that happens, then there will scheduling opportunities.

Comment

I don't care to play any team 2 times during the regular season, and I would prefer not to play any team a second time in the playoffs.

It sucked playing NDSU two times a few seasons ago, and not just because we lost both. I don't believe Bison fans particularly enjoyed playing us twice either.

There is a reason they only did it for 4 years.

Just my opinion.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Oh yes the Old School for Blind. I had a temporary job at EMS, they do repair and maintenance for wind towers. The owner Joe Kolback had just sold his company and had bought the grounds for the school for the blind. I believe this gentleman was originally from Howard SD. How is that for thread drift.
                          You are correct. I just spent 2 days per month the last 6 months at the Buffalo Ridge resort attending an academy for physician leaders. Spent an evening with Joe where he explained his life story to this point. Wind power and a keen sense for entrepreneurship and hard work has made him a fortune. He is trying to give back and Buffalo Ridge is part of that. The resort, campground and restaurant/bar are for sale if any of you are interested.

As for scheduling, no way do you schedule 2 games against any one opponent.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            You are correct. I just spent 2 days per month the last 6 months at the Buffalo Ridge resort attending an academy for physician leaders. Spent an evening with Joe where he explained his life story to this point. Wind power and a keen sense for entrepreneurship and hard work has made him a fortune. He is trying to give back and Buffalo Ridge is part of that. The resort, campground and restaurant/bar are for sale if any of you are interested.

As for scheduling, no way do you schedule 2 games against any one opponent.
                            You got a chance to get know him better than I did. I was working through Availibilty doing temp jobs, and they needed someone to fill in while they hired a staff accountant and I worked under his controller. Joe was there in the office nearly every day, and introduced himself, the first time we met. He seemed to allow his employees space to be themselves and to get the job done. I only work there for maybe 5 weeks. The last day I was there, the staff gave me an EMS sweatshirt and a nice card. I am wearing the EMS shirt at this time. It was quality gift and people were very friendly. That attitude is formed at the top and works its way down.
                            BTW, I walked around Gary during the lunch hour, and by the campus. It was starting to really look rundown. Seems like it closed about 1964 so it was idle for quite a few years. Joe did them a big favor in restoring those buildings.

As far as YFE suggestion, it would make sense from revenue point, but would the casual fan show up for both games? I have my doubts. I said in another post, it was good from a revenue point of view, but it would get old fast.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 05-01-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Have you ever met a blind person? You would not be making jokes like this if you were blind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyXz2SAXGw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCQgCy9To4
                              Lighten up Francis.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                Lighten up Francis.
                                DONT BE STUPID AND MAKE STUPID JOKES ABOUT BEING HANDICAPPED. There is no excuse for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X