Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    I'll let #1 respond accordingly, but the point I was trying to make is that any home game that is scheduled in Brookings, whether that is against Butler or the School of the Blind, SDSU can automatically count on revenue generation from the season ticket holders because we are forced to buy tickets for that game (much like pre-season games and season ticket holders in the NFL). I'm not sure how you could really debate that my point is not valid - unless we are actually losing money by paying the opponent more than we expect to take in.
    SDSU< NFL.
    or NFL > SDSU. What is your point? I sure missed.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      I'll let #1 respond accordingly, but the point I was trying to make is that any home game that is scheduled in Brookings, whether that is against Butler or the School of the Blind, SDSU can automatically count on revenue generation from the season ticket holders because we are forced to buy tickets for that game (much like pre-season games and season ticket holders in the NFL). I'm not sure how you could really debate that my point is not valid - unless we are actually losing money by paying the opponent more than we expect to take in.
      You play home games for two reasons. First is for your fans. Secondly, for revenue, just like you do when you play a BCS team.

Also, if you don't like the schedule, don't buy season tickets. Protest with your wallet. We are playing a team like that also, and I hate it myself. I get your annoyance.

Want a remedy thinking outside the box? We both have the same issues being able to bring in teams to SD because most people think it's the end of the world. So the answer is we play each other twice a year, home and home. Guaranteed high revenue, low travel costs, and high fan interest. Who cares if no one else does it? It's been done before and could be done again.

Think about it. Other than no one else does it, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        You play home games for two reasons. First is for your fans. Secondly, for revenue, just like you do when you play a BCS team.

Also, if you don't like the schedule, don't buy season tickets. Protest with your wallet. We are playing a team like that also, and I hate it myself. I get your annoyance.

Want a remedy thinking outside the box? We both have the same issues being able to bring in teams to SD because most people think it's the end of the world. So the answer is we play each other twice a year, home and home. Guaranteed high revenue, low travel costs, and high fan interest. Who cares if no one else does it? It's been done before and could be done again.

Think about it. Other than no one else does it, why not?
        Better duck, youre gonna get things thrown at you for that idea. Id be OK with it, however.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Better duck, youre gonna get things thrown at you for that idea. Id be OK with it, however.
          I understand it's not the "norm". But why not? Just because no one else does it doesn't fly with me.

Jack fans: would you rather play B 'Gosh or USD?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            It would be a qualifying D1 win and probably count toward the Corn Cup..
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Must not smack...but it is just hanging there.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Must not smack...but it is just hanging there.
                You can smack me, no big deal. So with you, you'd rather play B 'Gosh?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  SDSU< NFL.
                  or NFL > SDSU. What is your point? I sure missed.
                  Yes, yes you did.

Comment

You can smack me, no big deal. So with you, you'd rather play B 'Gosh?
                    Just kidding about the smack and no I don't like the Oshkosh game but nothing I can do to change it. Will not impact my yearly donation and season ticket purchases.

Comment

Just kidding about the smack and no I don't like the Oshkosh game but nothing I can do to change it. Will not impact my yearly donation and season ticket purchases.
                      I understand but in all honesty, who would you rather play? USD a second time or B Gosh?

Comment

I understand but in all honesty, who would you rather play? USD a second time or B Gosh?
                        USD but not sure my heart could take it.

Comment

I understand it's not the "norm". But why not? Just because no one else does it doesn't fly with me.

Historical note: SDSU and USD played twice a year in the following years (SDSU win/loss):
                          1989 (1-1: each team won at home)
                          1990 (2-0)
                          1991 (2-0)
                          1992 (2-0)

There may have been a few other years in which the teams played twice in one season ... I didn't look at years earlier than the 1970s.

My view: I don't like the idea of playing a conference school more than once in a season (exception for playoffs, of course but my preference there is a playoff schedule that pits conference mates in the national title game )

Comment

USD but not sure my heart could take it.
                            Lol

i think a high percentage of fans feel the same....so why not?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Historical note: SDSU and USD played twice a year in the following years (SDSU win/loss):
                              1989 (1-1: each team won at home)
                              1990 (2-0)
                              1991 (2-0)
                              1992 (2-0)

There may have been a few other years in which the teams played twice in one season ... I didn't look at years earlier than the 1970s.

My view: I don't like the idea of playing a conference school more than once in a season (exception for playoffs, of course but my preference there is a playoff schedule that pits conference mates in the national title game )
                              I remember those years, I hated it. It took away from the rivalry. A college FB schedule is not set up for teams to play twice in one season unless the 2nd is in the post season. I may hate Oskosh, but no way would I vote for 2 games against USD.

Comment

I contend that the decision was made purely for reason #2, but the mere thought of that doesn't sit well with others on this board. SDSU couldn't possibly do that.

Our renewal deadline was 4-18. Final schedule announced on 4-23 that now includes a 6th home game. Magically, they have not asked for extra money from us for tickets for that game. So they would have given us a refund if they didn't secure the 6th home game? Me thinks not.

You are all entitled to your opinions. I think the admin deserves a black mark for this one. They've lost some of my trust, and based on some interactions I've had with others on this board privately, it probably won't be the last.

Comment

Working...
                                X