Backup QB Nate Meyer transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup QB Nate Meyer transferring

@AndyRennecke: Former Rocori football standout and QB Nate Meyer just confirmed to me that he is transferring from South Dakota State to St. Cloud State.

Re: Backup QB Nate Meyer transferring

he'll probably be able to play right away for them, but its not good for the program when you don't have an experienced back up QB, especially with this being the 2nd year in a row it happened. I have no clue how the freshman QB out of California was this year, or the walk-on QB(s). But its good to have an experienced backup both for practice and in case he is needed. Wouldn't be shocked if they look at a JuCo because of this news

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      I have no clue how the freshman QB out of California was this year, or the walk-on QB(s). But its good to have an experienced backup both for practice and in case he is needed. Wouldn't be shocked if they look at a JuCo because of this news
      According to the media guide, the qb name was Dalton Douglas, Highland California, Citrus Valley HS. Threw for 1870 yards and 18 TD'S,while adding 870 yards and 13 TD's on the ground. Lettered 4 times in High school. I would suspect he was the QB on the scout team. On paper he has the credentials to step up, and possibly this and the fact that Sumner has another year, might have move Meyer towards the transfer door.

Comment

TV mentioned more than once this season that the coaches really liked Douglas' preparation and practice, so I wonder if the transfer of Meyer means that Douglas was going be the #2 on the depth chart come spring ball. Too bad he is transferring, it would have been really nice to have a scholarship player in between a senior and freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
          TV mentioned more than once this season that the coaches really liked Douglas' preparation and practice, so I wonder if the transfer of Meyer means that Douglas was going be the #2 on the depth chart come spring ball. Too bad he is transferring, it would have been really nice to have a scholarship player in between a senior and freshman.
          Out of all the highlight videos I saw from last year's class, Dalton Douglas's video was one of the best (along with Jake Wieneke's). He had an incredibly quick release with plenty of arm strength, plus was an exceptional athlete as well. It's not surprising that Douglas would jump Meyer on the depth chart if that is indeed the reason he is transferring. I wish Nate well at SCSt.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Sad to see Meyer go. I thought he looked plenty capable in his limited time this year. Never a good thing to be without an experienced backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Sad to see Meyer go. I thought he looked plenty capable in his limited time this year. Never a good thing to be without an experienced backup.
              Nate Meyer was a redshirt freshman last year as backup to Austin Sumner in the two-deep and saw very limited action. Dalton Douglas will be a redshirt freshman as backup this year to Sumner, and have three years left when Sumner graduates. It is hard for me to see what difficulty this presents with Meyer's decision to move to a Division II school where he will undoubtedly have a chance to play more and sooner. I join with other posters in wishing the best for him in the move.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                Nate Meyer was a redshirt freshman last year as backup to Austin Sumner in the two-deep and saw very limited action. Dalton Douglas will be a redshirt freshman as backup this year to Sumner, and have three years left when Sumner graduates. It is hard for me to see what difficulty this presents with Meyer's decision to move to a Division II school where he will undoubtedly have a chance to play more and sooner. I join with other posters in wishing the best for him in the move.
                It's hard to be a backup QB in college football. There is only one starter, unlike LB's, DB's etc., and you can't play special teams. Don't blame the guy for wanting to play. Scary situation if Sumner gets hurt. Suddenly we're playing a redshirt freshman and a true freshman backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Never a good thing when kids transfer from any program. However, the timing may be appropriate and help with bringing in a quality young QB with this years recruiting class? If we don't I not familiar enough to know who is the Jacks #2 guy?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Good Luck and Best Wishes to Nate in his future endeavors.

Comment

Working...
                    X