Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EWU GDT

Originally posted by witness View Post
    The fake punt(!) totally changed the game. Gave EWU great field position and tons of momentum. It is Sunday and I am still shaking my head over that.
    That call equates to telling the dealer to hit when you are sitting on 20.

Even though they tried to call it off, to call it in the first place is simply indefensible.

I guarantee you many of the players gave a "WTF" to each other after that.

I refuse to comment on the rest of the game because it is not fair to our players to do so.

The worst part of it all is that these coaching blunders were made on the big stage for everyone to see...including potential recruits.

To tie it into the bigger story of the day, no way Craig Bohl makes that call.

IMO, our players and the UNI kicker and QB got us in the playoffs....not our coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
      If Stig and the other coaches are actually taking the time to read this board and get bent out of shape, then our team is in more trouble than we imagined!
      Do you think they are reading this board? I do know for a fact that Luke Meadows wife did read and comment. Seems like we had a similar melt down after losing to Montana a few years back. Many of us will get over it. Its just a game after all. Time to think Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        The fake punt(!) totally changed the game. Gave EWU great field position and tons of momentum. It is Sunday and I am still shaking my head over that. I actually liked going for it there just hated the play. A play action bootleg would have been a great call there.
        EWU's conversion on 4th & 8 was also a back breaker.

Comment

It's taken a couple of days for the sting of this game to wear off. We all wanted so badly for the Jacks to keep the roll going but it wasn't meant to be.

I mainly want to thank the Seniors, the Team, and the Coaches for another successful season. No, it didn't go the way any of us thought it would but at the end of the day the team rallied late and played their best football entering the post-season. They made us proud!

Always tough to say goodbye to a class of Seniors, especially a group that I know a couple personally, but their mark on the program will never leave. This program is headed the right way and it is on the backs of all the hard work these young men put in every day to continue to improve.

Thanks men and best wishes to you in the biggest game of them all, the game of life!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I credit the players and coaches for turning their season around after a sluggish start. EWU is a pretty good team, and I'll expect them to go far this year riding on Adams' back. The guy is phenomenal. Two consecutive playoff bids and first round wins is a start. With new facilities coming online starting next year, I think we can start to expect more. Honestly, given our budget and facilities, it's a great testament to the players and coaches to accomplish what they have accomplished. The future is bright.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              I credit the players and coaches for turning their season around after a sluggish start. EWU is a pretty good team, and I'll expect them to go far this year riding on Adams' back. The guy is phenomenal. Two consecutive playoff bids and first round wins is a start. With new facilities coming online starting next year, I think we can start to expect more. Honestly, given our budget and facilities, it's a great testament to the players and coaches to accomplish what they have accomplished. The future is bright.
              Proud also of our team, administration, coaches and to our seniors. They will be sorely missed and we should thank all who gave it their all for JackRabbit Football.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                I'm thinking the same. It was tough to see things come unravelled in the second half, but I'm certainly not devastated by losing to a very good team after the brutal string of must-win road games we endured.

These playoff wins, the new IPF, and coming stadium will keep raising the SDSU football profile. NDSU's coaching situation might help a little with recruiting too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. Adams did not impress me as much hype as he had. He is elusive but at the same time he is a throw the ball in the air downfield and let your receiver make a play. Completing 12 passes in which 5 of those went for touchdowns is more on the defensesive corners and safeties than anything.

Comment

I'm not even reading the whole thread.

Just want to throw this out there.

Coach Stig and staff have taken the team to the playoffs two straight years, and won a game in those playoffs each year.

We return alot of talented skill players, although we do lose alot up front on both sides of the ball.

There's this perception that we are a "boring" team because we play fundamental football. You don't have the leading WR, leading RB, and leading QB -yardage wise...going into the last game of the regular season by being "flashy". It's called being fundamental. The defense improved greatly thoughout the season too.

Too many "armchair coaches" out there, who have never coached a thing in their life. You should really try it...because sometimes what you coach, doesn't happen...I know this sounds impossible, but it's true.

I have a friend who has a perception that the Jacks commit too many personal fouls and penalties. Because 5 or 6 years ago this was true. So now, every time a penalty is called on the Jackrabbits he brings it up. "I can't stand Stig and how many penalties we get called on us." It doesn't matter that this past year we were the least penalized team in the Valley (which I brought up to him while in the middle of his complaint, this year...he still didn't concede). Some fans believe what they want to believe.

I'll take a boring and fundamentally sound team every year.

Look at USD and what changing coaches did for them. Look at Western Illinois, and how it helped them. Shoot, look what happened at Indiana State when Coach Miles left this past season.

Some of you better be careful what you wish for, you just might get it someday.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      I'm not even reading the whole thread.

Just want to throw this out there.

Coach Stig and staff have taken the team to the playoffs two straight years, and won a game in those playoffs each year.

We return alot of talented skill players, although we do lose alot up front on both sides of the ball.

There's this perception that we are a "boring" team because we play fundamental football. You don't have the leading WR, leading RB, and leading QB -yardage wise...going into the last game of the regular season by being "flashy". It's called being fundamental. The defense improved greatly thoughout the season too.

Too many "armchair coaches" out there, who have never coached a thing in their life. You should really try it...because sometimes what you coach, doesn't happen...I know this sounds impossible, but it's true.

I have a friend who has a perception that the Jacks commit too many personal fouls and penalties. Because 5 or 6 years ago this was true. So now, every time a penalty is called on the Jackrabbits he brings it up. "I can't stand Stig and how many penalties we get called on us." It doesn't matter that this past year we were the least penalized team in the Valley (which I brought up to him while in the middle of his complaint, this year...he still didn't concede). Some fans believe what they want to believe.

I'll take a boring and fundamentally sound team every year.

Look at USD and what changing coaches did for them. Look at Western Illinois, and how it helped them. Shoot, look what happened at Indiana State when Coach Miles left this past season.

Some of you better be careful what you wish for, you just might get it someday.
                      Great post. I could not agree more with anything you posted.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        Great post. I could not agree more with anything you posted.
                        http://toddoh.com/image/32187762182

Comment

A lot of crap on here. Many wanna be coaches. I told Stig that I love the way he runs the program and I could care less if they ever won a game. Yes, the goal is to win, but in the overall view the 5 years each of these young men spend playing football is a very small window in their lifetime and nowhere close to the most important. The life lessons from this coaching staff will take them much further. All I ever here players say that come here is that they love their teammates and their coaches and that's why they are here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                            A lot of crap on here. Many wanna be coaches. I told Stig that I love the way he runs the program and I could care less if they ever won a game. Yes, the goal is to win, but in the overall view the 5 years each of these young men spend playing football is a very small window in their lifetime and nowhere close to the most important. The life lessons from this coaching staff will take them much further. All I ever here players say that come here is that they love their teammates and their coaches and that's why they are here.
                            Do you get any looks when you go to games, stand up and cheer "Allright guys let's learn some life lessons today"!

Not sure even Stig could sell an 0-12 season to any recruit, regardless of what kind of man he'll be after he leaves campus.

I'm in this for wins. I'm in this for championships. Why have a football program if this is not the goal every single year? Rah, rah, sis boom ba? I don't think we need to sell our soul to the devil, but I'd sacrifice a lower GPA, but not arrest warrants, for 2 more wins a year.

Just ask any Notre Dame fan how the academic restrictions put in place the tail end of the Holtz era has worked for them.

And enough already with the armchair coach bashing. This is a internet message board. Get over yourselves.

Comment

I think we need a board rule. Only coaches,former coaches,and pre-approved experts are entitled to have an opinion.

Comment

There's been a lot said about the fake punt that failed. Earlier in the game, I noticed on TV during a punt by the Jacks that EWU left a huge chunk of the left side of the field unprotected. Someone could have run 20 yards, easy, without being touched. The coaches obviously noticed that too. Coach Stig said the Jacks tried to call off the fake punt at the last moment, but they obviously didn't get the word to the punter and possibly others. EWU must have changed its positioning or something, prompting the late change of decision. I don't know. Obviously the left side of the field was covered this time. Regardless, I don't fault the Jacks for wanting to try a fake punt. It's actually refreshing to know the Jacks are willing to take a chance now and then and not be completely predictable.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X