GDT: SDSU @ Youngstown State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU @ Youngstown State

I had a good laugh at the end of the game where it was snowing so hard that the TE couldn't see the ball and it him in the face mask and was wide open.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Bravo, Jacks! SDSU looked awesome today, offensively and defensively. Even though the Jacks left points on the field (Sumner's pass bounced off a wide-open receiver's head during a snow flurry) and they set YSU up for 6 points (on punt return turnover) the game was not close. There was never really any doubt about which team was controlling the action. Sumner, Zenner, Gandy, Schneider, O-line, Elmore, Kilgore. There are too many stars of the game to mention.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Looks like we are playing the best football of the year at the right time.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          TOP was 40 to 20. That's insane.
          That's a crazy stat

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            YSU had almost 9000 in the snowstorm today. If Jackrabbits get a playoff game, that would be a good number to approach. Football season is still in session!
            Youngstown always pulls numbers out of their ass when it comes to attendance. Rarely do they have half the fans they announce. They are the Oral Roberts of the Missouri Valley.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

If there were 2,000 butts in the seats, I'd be shocked. The main grandstand was almost empty. The opposite side was essentially empty.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hats off to the coaching staff ,after more or less criticizing the coaching staff all year,I'd like to congratulate them on comming up with something out of the box that works,ie...planned running plays for Summner.After defenses know the play is not a run by our one back,they forget about run defense pretty much and expect a pass...this set up Summner and the offense for some nice runs.Even though Summners not considered a mobile QB,he's mobile enough when you have designed running plays and the defense isn't exactly looking his way to run either.Good job!!!

Comment

Just finished watching the replays and I gotta say that is about as dominant a road win as you can get between two teams fighting for a playoff spot. The Jacks' Big Guys just obliterated the other team's Big Guys.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    TOP was 40 to 20. That's insane.
                    Just total domination is what that is all about.

Comment

• Re: GDT: SDSU @ Youngstown State

Let me repeat the "domination" descriptor. Amazed to see that happen with so much on the line for YSU (at home no less). I would have never thought this possible a few weeks ago and WOW did this team ever prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny thing is...they haven't really changed a thing.

Still trying to run the ball, set up play action pass...and on the other side, play zone and try to prevent the big play.

It isn't always exciting, but it is certainly effective in conditions like this.

Very impressed with the Defensive Coaching Staff this year. The defense has been steadily improving all year.

I'm not surprised that the Jackrabbits won, but I'm actually stunned by how dominant that victory was. That's a pretty darn good team, at home...with the playoffs on the line.

If the Admin puts in a decent bid, I'm pretty sure we'll host...especially with the season SELA has had...and as the #2 team in the MVFC...

I am planning on being there.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          The person that counts fans at USD must have been on duty there today.
                          Must have counted arms and legs and forgot to divide by 4.

Comment

I found this at the Youngstown daily newspaper that covered the game. An interesting blog about Coach Wolford. The fans are calling for his head. The blog also says the AD does not have any money available for a buyout. Wolford is getting 250k for a five year contract.

http://www.vindy.com/weblogs/penguin...s-ysu-go-here/

Comment

Working...
                            X