Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Maybe I'm just being snoody, but why don't season ticket holders get first crack at away game tickets, after the parents? I realize it is a quick turnaround for ticket sales during the playoffs, but even a 2-3 hour window for season ticket holders to call in and order tickets before the general public should suffice.

You would think that would be an added *bonus* for having season tickets.

I'm thinking of a potential matchup with NDSU in Fargo, in particular.
    Last year the tickets at Fargo were sold to season ticket holders first.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      Seems like a game against Montana could get out of hand quickly with the way or secondary plays.
      That's right. Pick 6's all day!

Comment

Jacks are in if they win and may get a home game, don't count them out for that. Not sure how competitive the bid will be, I don't know how motivated the AD is to host another game after the relative lack of interest last year. YSU has to be thinking they need a win too. Their resume is weak despite the 8 W's so far.

Lose a close game and Jacks are probably out. There is an outside chance that the power rankings will put SDSU in position to get an at-large but the East coast bias that is so prevalent at the FCS level will all but guarantee that a 7-5 team from the midwest will be left out for a more traditional east of the Mississippi FCS program.

So, win and play on (or off) or lose and go home for the years.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This is not the 2009 version of Montana. Very different coach, very different team, very different talent level.

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Seems like a game against Montana could get out of hand quickly with the way or secondary plays.

Comment

Playoff selection show tomorrow morning. I gotta work so I will DVR it.

This year’s 24 team playoff field will be announced live on ESPNU this Sunday, November 24th at 10:30 am CT, during the FCS Playoff Selection Show.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Please Selection Committee, give me 1 more chance to TAILGATE at home!!!!!

Comment

Here is a link outlining the selection process and principles:

http://www.ncaa.com/fcs-selections-101

Comment

YSU has to be very worried.... 3 losses to close the season and the last one a blowout

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    YSU has to be very worried.... 3 losses to close the season and the last one a blowout
                    They may be 8-4, but after playing a cream puff non-conference schedule, they don't look anything close to a playoff team.

Comment

Illinois State went to App St and then to the opposite end of the country in EWU the next week last year. So unpredictable. If SDSU even broke even last year I would hope the same, if not slightly larger bid went in for this year. I think we're going to Brookings next weekend. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

The teams awarded the top eight seeds shall receive a first round bye and are placed
                        in the appropriate positions in the bracket (Nos. 1, 8, 4 and 5 in the upper half; Nos. 2,
                        7, 3 and 6 in the lower half).

b. The remaining 16 teams will play first round games and will be paired according to
                        geographic proximity and then placed into the bracket according to geographic
                        proximity of the top eight seeds previously placed into the bracket.

c. The NCAA mileage threshold for mandatory team travel via ground is 400 miles.

d. Teams from the same conference will not be paired for first-round games or for
                        second round games when both teams are playing their first games of the
                        championship (except for teams from the same conference that did not play against
                        each other during the regular season; such teams may play each other in the
                        first/second round).

Site Selection for Preliminary Round Games
                        The following criteria, as outlined in NCAA Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1, are to be used in the evaluation of
                        sites for all competition in NCAA championships:
                        1. Quality and availability of the facility and other necessary accommodations;
                        2. Revenue potential (e.g., a financial guarantee or guideline that ensures fiscal responsibility
                        and is appropriate for the particular event, as recommended by the governing sports
                        committee and approved by the Division I Championships/Sports Management Cabinet);
                        3. Attendance history and potential;
                        4. Geographical location; and
                        5. Championships operating costs.
                        The following additional criteria will be followed:
                        6. The committee will consider previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the
                        prospective host institution (regardless of seed).
                        7. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees,
                        which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed
                        budget:
                        First Round -- $30,000
                        Second Round -- $30,000
                        Quarterfinals -- $40,000
                        Semifinals -- $50,000
                        8. Proposed budgets will not be provided to the committee until the 24 championship teams
                        have been determined and paired.
                        9. If the minimum guarantees are met, the committee will award playoff sites to the higherseeded
                        teams.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          They may be 8-4, but after playing a cream puff non-conference schedule, they don't look anything close to a playoff team.
                          Disagree. Look a lot like Eastern Illinois last year
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This is very true. I think YSU gets left out, not enough quality wins. Jackrabbits have 8 wins and are in a 4 way tie for second in the MVFC with losses to 2 of the 3 teams they are tied with. SIU only has 6 DI wins and Missouri State is 5-7 overall. The Jacks will get 1 of the 13 at-large bids and may get a home game. It will largely depend upon the other at-large teams and the geography of the top 8 seeds.

Comment

Yep. Their best win was a 1 pt. squeaker over SIU.

Comment

And no one thought they had a chance. I told you all!
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X