Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ISU/blue

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
    When God made stone he made Wesleys hands! Give Dom Wright a chance. Just as fast and certainly couldn't do any worse!!!!!!
    Seems like Dom Wright was so terrible on PR's that he does not deserve a second chance(Saracasm)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Seems like Dom Wright was so terrible on PR's that he does not deserve a second chance(Saracasm)
      Wesley has had multiple... Davis must really like the guy for some odd reason and so must the O coordinator for designing plays for him. Oh well hope he can start to help us..

Comment

A few weeks ago, people were lamenting the type of receiver we have and wishing for the 'old days' with someone like JaRon Harris. Wesley is basically exactly what Harris was his first couple of years here, as I seem to recall Harris had more than his fair share of problems with drops as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          I think the reported 5,300 was an accurate attendance figure. I was one of them. A lot of people left in the third quarter because of the cold wind.
          Again I ask what the west side holds...6000? The pic I posted gets shrunk when posted and you can't see it well, full size it's plain to see the west side wasn't more than half full, and that was as the second QUARTER was starting.

I guess it's moot point, if it was an inflated number, I figure only by a thousand or so, (but thats a lot when only talking 5000. Disappointing any way you slice it.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Again I ask what the west side holds...6000? The pic I posted gets shrunk when posted and you can't see it well, full size it's plain to see the west side wasn't more than half full, and that was as the second QUARTER was starting.

I guess it's moot point, if it was an inflated number, I figure only by a thousand or so, (but thats a lot when only talking 5000. Disappointing any way you slice it.
            The only empty seats i can see in your picture is in the student section. Cant really tell if the blue is empty seats or people wearing blue.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

The west side seats 6500.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                The only empty seats i can see in your picture is in the student section. Cant really tell if the blue is empty seats or people wearing blue.

Make your own guesstimate. Add in how many you think might've been on east side.

My guesstimate, and maybe I'm way off...if west sits 6500, I'll be generous and say 4000, but there is still no way there was 1300 on the east side.

At this point, I'm really not to worried about whether there was 5300 or 4300, more just trying just to get my full size picture posted, rather than a tiny one. This one is closer. If you click the pic it should take you to photobucket where you can enlarge it even more.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The biggest crowd at the stadium was for the NDSU game on Sept.28 of this year: 16,498. To accommodate that kind of crowd, it would seem the west side would have to seat more than 6,500. You're not going to cram 10,000 people onto the east and south sides.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

The biggest crowd at the stadium was for the NDSU game on Sept.28 of this year: 16,498. To accommodate that kind of crowd, it would seem the west side would have to seat more than 6,500. You're not going to cram 10,000 people onto the east and south sides.
                    Well, we did bring 12k fans.

Comment

btw, congrats on the win. A shutout is always nice to have.

Comment

For starters,not everyone of those 16,000+ were seated. Not even close. For years i've read where CAS seated about 10,000. The west side seated 6,500 and the East about 3,300. They put up new stands on the south end and had a net gain of about 1,000 seats. 10,800 total. That's all i know. I wasn't at the NDSU game this year but was at the 2007 game where the attendance was about the same and i stood for the game. There could have been 6,000 milling around...it was a madhouse.

Also noticed in the announcement for the proposed stadium that they said it seated about 11,000.http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209276603

Comment

Do they count the band for attendance? Also don't forget about the people in the Dykehouse.

Comment

Thoughts on the game... agree with whoever said this was an ugly win.

This team is just very....uneven. They can look really good at times...on both sides of the ball, but the consistency isn't there.

As for the crowd, I agree it was a pretty sad turnout. However, this is what happens when the team is struggling...especially when it's cold outside.

Our seats are in the the North part of the West stands...and I was in the shade the whole game...and I was dressed like I normally am for cold games...and this was the coldest I've been at a jacks game in a couple years, and we went to the playoff game last year. It was chilly, the wind was bad...and very little sun. Just kind of miserable conditions.

Better play will make for better attendence.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Thoughts on the game... agree with whoever said this was an ugly win.

This team is just very....uneven. They can look really good at times...on both sides of the ball, but the consistency isn't there.

As for the crowd, I agree it was a pretty sad turnout. However, this is what happens when the team is struggling...especially when it's cold outside.

Our seats are in the the North part of the West stands...and I was in the shade the whole game...and I was dressed like I normally am for cold games...and this was the coldest I've been at a jacks game in a couple years, and we went to the playoff game last year. It was chilly, the wind was bad...and very little sun. Just kind of miserable conditions.

Better play will make for better attendence.
                              For reasons, I will not explain, I did not make it to this game, and I had thought victory, but as it turn out, an ugly one. I was able to watch TV live chat. I got my negatives in with each horrible play. We are going to have to bring the A game come Saturday. More A level play in all aspects will be needed to beat the Yotes and be in the playoff running.

I think the discussion about seating has been very interesting. Being once a Student in 1962 when CAS opened, there was even less seating in 1962, nothing on the East side and no dressing room. The guys walked down from the dressing room in the Barn. It was nothing to write home about, but it gradually improved where we now have those ugly yellow bleachers on the east side and porta toliets, but as I grow older and climb to the 18th row, with out hand rails, I am glad to see this facility be torn down and replaced with something that fits the 21th century. What ever we can do help out will no doubt be greatly appreciated by the Admin at SDSU.

Comment

Maybe I was atching a different game, but it sure seemed better then the final score showed.

First I noticed they had Austin directly undercenter probably to aviod the weather being a factor on pistol or shotgun snaps, but I feel tahts a great change, moves zenner up just a bit to the line, able to get through faster or a better push on short yardage. Maybe they have put Sumner directly under center more this year but i havent noticed it. Also Sumner throws were spot on IMHO. maybe 2 passes were a little iffy in tigh coverage but otherwise everythrow seemed to find the WR in a position to make the catch. Sure we had some issues and ISUB is not a great team, but our Defense has proven most games they are going to give up yards or big play potential and they found away to really play with that intensity. I dont think the QB getting hurt had much to do with it, I think we were going to give who ever was the QB all sorts of issues. REally the only complaint i could think of was the pass protection that the WR didnt get enough seperation in some plays that Sumner had to make more check downs, the line didnt get extra time to pass, and that Sumner didnt have the internal clock running that if the first couple reads arent there to either run out of the pocket or to chuck it away, he needs to learn to not give up big sacks when they can be avoided. Aside from that special teams was as great as we have seen in years. Good coverage on kicks, blocked a punt and FG, made FGs in crabby weather good punting considering the wind etc. All things considered I thought this was better then most games even though we didnt hang 50 on um, I though it was clear we played well for most of the game aside from a few issues with the sacks. Plus the team looked fired up and excited and that is something that didnt appear to be there for some other games this year which is needed since USD is up next and we are their superbowl again. They cant make the playoffs but they could ruin our season for sure if they beat us. Plus they had some tough home losses lately, they are not going to give it up with out a fight so hopefully we are ready.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X