Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU at MSU

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    They changed how they block the 3-4 (Okie) scheme vs. years past. Give old Luke Meadows credit in this regards, his O-line killed Okie schemes. Also technique is emphasized much less now. Against a 4-3, the changes aren't as noticeable.

You hit this one out of the park. The Packers were stuck on the zone scheme. With Eddy Lacy now they are changing it up and pulling lineman. Now they can run. The Jacks under Meadows, even with their zone scheme, would pull more than they are doing now.

Lastly - I keep saying this - It is the same, more experienced, stronger, heavier line as last years.

As for Defense - Arggghhhh. I think we are too small.

I'm hoping the Jacks win so we can go back to a quieter week on the forum; however, it is fun to stir the pot and read the reply's. I love this forum.

About the pulling linemen,i like the idea of spreading out the running game,but it has the disadvantage of taking longer to develop also,we frankly have to get ZZ past the LOS and into the secondary,however its done,so he can use his speed to out distance people.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      About the pulling linemen,i like the idea of spreading out the running game,but it has the disadvantage of taking longer to develop also,we frankly have to get ZZ past the LOS and into the secondary,however its done,so he can use his speed to out distance people.
      I mentioned that in a previous post, have sumner more in a pro offense and set up under center and 3 step drops and if he is under center ZZ doesnt have to line up as far in the back field, allowing him to get to the holes quicker and not giving the D 2 extra yards to fill the gaps. If i remember we have had plently of other QBs line up under center more then shotgun or pistol. the idea i think the coaches like about the pistol is ZZ can get a running start for the handoff instead of a standing start on handoff from a true shootgun formation. If Sumner is directly under center that moves ZZ up closer to the line allowing his speed and power to do more good IMHO. we dont go deep so Sumner should be able to handle a 3 step drop and throw, maybe it would help his timing on the routes we run. Finally if we are in under center formation it gives the LBs and secondary less time to react for a hand off so might not be able to cheat on the run as much. commmit to pass or run not able to cheat on either which seems they do a lot of now. Again just some fans 2 cents.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I mentioned that in a previous post, have sumner more in a pro offense and set up under center and 3 step drops and if he is under center ZZ doesnt have to line up as far in the back field, allowing him to get to the holes quicker and not giving the D 2 extra yards to fill the gaps. If i remember we have had plently of other QBs line up under center more then shotgun or pistol. the idea i think the coaches like about the pistol is ZZ can get a running start for the handoff instead of a standing start on handoff from a true shootgun formation. If Sumner is directly under center that moves ZZ up closer to the line allowing his speed and power to do more good IMHO. we dont go deep so Sumner should be able to handle a 3 step drop and throw, maybe it would help his timing on the routes we run. Finally if we are in under center formation it gives the LBs and secondary less time to react for a hand off so might not be able to cheat on the run as much. commmit to pass or run not able to cheat on either which seems they do a lot of now. Again just some fans 2 cents.
        Plus the defensive coordinators have caught up with the offenses and have gotten very good at defending the Pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
          Chortling here.

99% of the players could care less about this forum.

The only one I ever heard that paid attention was TOB.

Give Stig credit in this department, his players ignore what others say. They are united as a team on this front.
          i hope Stig reads this board. There's some awesome info in this thread alone. lol

Comment

Did someone really take a shot at Chip Kelly's offensive mind? Holy hell.

Philidelphia's NFL ranks for offense: YDS/Game: 3rd, PTS/Game 13, Rush YDS/Game: 1st, Pass YDS/Game: 11th.

This with barely any time for him to bring in his own players and his starting quarterback hurt for the last 3 games.

Good lord. Shot_5538942982 maybe take a couple of plays off?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I don't know about y'all but I'm ready for a couple slices of panther pie!

MMMMMMMMMM, Panther!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                ZZ is an explosive back who should hit the hole quickly.....the faster he gets in the secondary,the more chances he has to bust a long one...he's not one to display 8 yds back and let everyone run up to him...JMO

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                  I don't know about y'all but I'm ready for a couple slices of panther pie!

MMMMMMMMMM, Panther!

SUPERBUNNY
                  ...i'D RATHER BEAT A DEAD HORSE...TIMES RUNN'N OUT for your $.o2.....LOL!!
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-24-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X